Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

2024 Premium Deluxe

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

A blatant cash grab

How is this a "cash grab"?

If you go for the yearly subscription, which I highly recommend, you get tremendous value for your money. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

How is this a "cash grab"?

If you go for the yearly subscription, which I highly recommend, you get tremendous value for your money. 

Value for money is subjective and dependent on requirements. If you have no need for charts why should you be compelled to pay for them?

The simple fact they reversed their decision under considerable pressure spoke volumes.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

If you want to write down the names of all those simmers, I have a postage stamp you can write them on the back of.

You'd be wasting half a postage stamp

• Like 6

6 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

If you want to write down the names of all those simmers, I have a postage stamp you can write them on the back of.

That might be a popular thing to say, but i don't think it's all that accurate. I think people, after a lot of protest no doubt, will even pay double that amount for a (near) perfect flight simulator, in the end i don't think you can keep simmers away from this amazing hobby. Just look at what some of us have spent on hardware for flightsim...just saying.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Wildblue said:

Just look at what some of us have spent on hardware for flightsim...just saying.

While that's true, that doesn't account for the overwhelming majority of the 12 million users of MSFS who would never spend anywhere near $200 on a 'slow-paced', non-shooting flying game. Nor even imagine spending thousands on hardware, peripherals and add-ons, like some of us hard-core flight simmers do.

And before anyone disparages these gamers, they're the reason why MSFS has been so successful.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I remain very surprised (in a good way) that Microsoft has resisted the urge to make FS2020 a subscription service. It is nearly unheard of today for a product that is frequently updated and constantly being worked on. We'll see if that changes with '24. High level bean counters really like to see constant revenue streams. There are ways they could do it both ways, by offering more goodies to subscribers.

Above all, how can we make fs2024 cost less?

All

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, rjquick said:

I remain very surprised (in a good way) that Microsoft has resisted the urge to make FS2020 a subscription service. It is nearly unheard of today for a product that is frequently updated and constantly being worked on.

It kind of is already available via subscription i.e. the MS Game Pass, so no need to buy it outright if that's what you want.

Also tons and tons of programs and applications are being constantly updated with out being subscription only. Many are enterprise based where orgs do offer subscription licensing as it's the path to consistant cashflow and higher profits.

Subscription is a bit like drugs of addiction, once you're in you're hooked and getting away from the subscription can be a very difficult and painful experience, especially if there is data to be transfered and converted to another type of system.

But yes games in general are the buy once type, although Fallout4 got a bunch of updates just a week ago after nearly a decade since release, and Skyrim SE seems to have had a fairly constant series of updates, plus there are the good old warcraft and other online types of games.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
spelling

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

On 4/28/2024 at 5:49 AM, Greazer said:

I reckon 2024 Premium Deluxe version, should include: monthly AIRAC updates, Jeppeson charts and improved flight planner (in sim) including weight and fuel calculations.  Simmers would be happy to pay a bit extra (say $200) for all of this and for the Convenience. Microsoft will get an absolute tonne in sales with more simmers choosing Premium Deluxe.

Also the sids, stars and approaches should display neatly when choosing on the map so that flight plans can be easily created in seconds! And it would be convenient to have an option to display little wind or metar icons as well.

It's unbelievable what some people write in a thread, you can only shake your head about..🤐

cheers 🤔

• Like 3

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

On 4/28/2024 at 7:52 AM, JetCat said:

I would pay absolute NOTHING for this worthless stuff - all this live-service nonsense and Simbrief and monthly liveservice payment AI ATC solutions and whatnot because I have: Google Earth and Google Maps. Plus the perfect tool for flight simulation which is Little Navmap and Skyvector, with all Waypoints and VOR info and all beacon and VOR and airport frequencies. All Jeppesen charts SID/STAR info of every airport can simply be found on Google Picture search, or as PDF somewhere on the web.

But give me photoreal looking study-level planes, with perfect cockpit visuals, the outside 3D-model even showing an animated rotating low-pressure turbine in the exhaust and the rotating beacon actually having a rotating light bulb inside, two dozen possible failures several different radio stack and instrument options, and my wallet opens wiiiiide 😉 

A very strange combination of opinions there.

Your first paragraph is reasonable. You are happy to not use real world navigation apps or partake in ai atc.  Where you go wrong is to say such services are nonsense, which isn't reasonable. Personally I like to use the simulator with a real world efb. I use Foreflight, expensive yes, but it lets me simulate exactly how a real world pilot would plan and navigate.

In your second paragraph you affirm you absolutely want your simulated aircraft to be as real world as possible!  I would say it would be unreasonable to suggest a high fidelity simulated aircraft is nonsense.

However, A little odd to want a study level aircraft, but fly it using Google Earth, Google Maps and a navigation app not used in actual aircraft.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

On 4/28/2024 at 1:41 PM, Bobsk8 said:

I have been using Aivlasoft EFB for years, and it gives me every chart, departure, approach, moving map, weather depiction, anything I need that is actually in MSFS. No subscription required. I don't fly without it, ever. 

https://www.aivlasoft.com/index.html

Bad news …

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/8704-project-aivlasoft-has-to-be-ceased/

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Posted (edited)

Wow...

One of the best, most impressive and most complete programs/software available for flight simulators. Very, very sad...

Edited by Juliett Alfa Romeo

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

17 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

if open-sourcing the product is even feasible.

It's not, apparently:

For legal reasons, it is unfortunately not possible to offer the products listed above as freeware.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, F737MAX said:

It's not, apparently:

I am genuinely.. blind, you'll have to excuse me for that haha.

• Like 1