Sign in to follow this  
Purr

Will there ever be a dash 8 in msfs?

Posted (edited)

After loving the majestic q400 in P3d and their stating they are looking into a port for msfs (a port after all these years? I’m doubtful we will ever see this), I am losing hope for a dash 8 in the sim. Actually a turboprop commuter would really be welcome like a Saab 2000 or Pmdg’s jet stream 31 or something bc like that. The ATR has always just seemed a bit weird in the way it flies and had lots of bugs. Are there any prospects of decent commuter turbines coming?

Edited by Purr

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Yeah it's also the one I'm waiting for most.  I think alot of the devs are made happy when people raise their hand and ask how their product is coming along.  But Majestic is annoyed it appears.  I'm not sure why they can't even give us a brief status.  Like here is where we are at, and we are looking at:

A. Months

B. Years

The most recent update that I'm aware of was March 24:

image.png.50314048f97531b08958700b0cb2d816.png

• Like 4

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

They've said in V1 streams it's coming along, but it'll be a while.  It's probably a small team.  We have several add-ons that have taken ages to develop.  I'm sure MSFS2024 isn't helping things for developers either. 

• Like 5

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

33 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Yeah it's also the one I'm waiting for most.  I think alot of the devs are made happy when people raise their hand and ask how their product is coming along.  But Majestic is annoyed it appears.  I'm not sure why they can't even give us a brief status.  Like here is where we are at, and we are looking at:

A. Months

B. Years

Pretty much like FSL, really a big shame how some of the best P3D developers can't be bring themselves to give their long-time customers and supporters a candid update. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, thepilot said:

Pretty much like FSL, really a big shame how some of the best P3D developers can't be bring themselves to give their long-time customers and supporters a candid update. 

Yes, it's starting to become a major turn off. I have long supported FSL in particular but will seriously reconsider whether to if they eventually come to MSFS.

Their attitude is questionable.

• Like 4

David Porrett

3 hours ago, DavidP said:

Yes, it's starting to become a major turn off. I have long supported FSL in particular but will seriously reconsider whether to if they eventually come to MSFS.

Their attitude is questionable.

I don’t quite understand this sentiment.  FSL and Majestic have made fantastic aircraft for another platform that you can still use and enjoy today.  If you bought and paid for their products then that completed the transaction, and they don’t owe anyone anything beyond that.  I too wish they would develop for MSFS, but if that day never comes, I have no reason to hold it against them.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

1 minute ago, Gilandred said:

I don’t quite understand this sentiment.  FSL and Majestic have made fantastic aircraft for another platform that you can still use and enjoy today.  If you bought and paid for their products then that completed the transaction, and they don’t owe anyone anything beyond that.  I too wish they would develop for MSFS, but if that day never comes, I have no reason to hold it against them.

I said nothing about owing anyone anything.

I merely stated that I am undecided about supporting them if they come to MSFS.

Not sure where you got that idea from?

• Like 1

David Porrett

1 minute ago, DavidP said:

I said nothing about owing anyone anything.

I merely stated that I am undecided about supporting them if they come to MSFS.

Not sure where you got that idea from?

From you.  You said they owed their long time customers a candid update, and it was becoming a major turn off.  Both developers have already said they were working on products for MSFS.  What else can be expected of them.

• Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

1 minute ago, Gilandred said:

You said they owed their long time customers a candid update

No, the previous poster said that. Read it again.

David Porrett

1 minute ago, DavidP said:

No, the previous poster said that. Read it again.

That’s true.  You quoted and appeared to agree.  Anyway, not going to argue people can judge for themselves what you meant given the context.  As for me, I’m not going to hold anything against FSL or Majestic if they can bring a similar fidelity product into MSFS.

Gary

JustFlight should make a Dash8. They allready have a UNS1 finnished to. Waiting for Majestic could take several more years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cyrex1984 said:

JustFlight should make a Dash8. They allready have a UNS1 finnished to. Waiting for Majestic could take several more years.

Would be awesome if they did, their aircraft keep improving (e.g. their 146). If there’s ever a Dash in the sim I’ll be sure to recreate some tricky approaches in my own country done by Wideroe.

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Those who made the AT2 should also be included as one of the candidates to work on the Dash. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, micstatic said:

A. Months

B. Years

Definitely "Years" if they are all doing this on their part time.

One thing the Majestic team isn't considering is that MSFS is a much larger market than P3D, and if they come out with their Dash-8 earlier, the sales of their Dash-8 in MSFS could possibly pay for their other jobs.  I think the Majestic team is still stuck in the P3D era, thinking that the sales they will get in MSFS will be comparable to P3D. 

Now I don't know what their other jobs are, and maybe they are really well paying jobs (but if they were well paying jobs, I wonder why they developed the Dash-8 for P3D, was it just a hobby that they did more for fun, than for the money?).  However, assuming their other jobs are not jobs that pay very well, maybe they should consider going full time on the Dash-8 for MSFS (or the owner of Majestic consider giving shares to the employees, to incentivize them to quit their jobs and go full time working on the Dash-8).  I say this because we are getting to the point where another reputable 3rd party developer, such as Just Flight, may consider doing the Dash-8 for MSFS. 

The last thing Majestic want is for a company to swoop in and make a high fidelity version of the Dash-8, just like Fenix did to FSLabs. I would have said the likelihood of another company making a high fidelity Dash-8 was very low back in 2020 when MSFS was released, but I think that likelihood is not so low today, because the first batch of high fidelity airliners have already come out for MSFS (ie. A320, 737, Maddog, BAe 146, and 777 soon), with other high fidelity airliners in development (iniBuilds A220, A350, A380, Bluebird 757/767), and companies are looking for other planes to do.  Knowing Majestic takes forever and even admitting their employees are working on the Dash-8 part time, it makes sense for another company to just jump in and do a high fidelity Dash-8 before Majestic.  But maybe the other jobs that the Majestic employees have are just too good to give up.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM