Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Flying over western Europe do you find recurrent spikes...

in CPU loading?  At Fiorentoni's suggestion some time ago I disabled photogrammetry and with the new CPU I'm not getting stutters, but at cruise flying from Milan to Amsterdam just about like clockwork every ~10 seconds main thread spikes from around 65% (constantly fluctuating) up to 100%, and with it CPU core temp jumps from around 67C to 89C, then right back down again.  Of note, I am using a fixed TLOD of 100 and OLOD of 100.  Just posting here to see if you can relate to this oddity as I have no explanation for it.  At that altitude I'm puzzled why main thread ever jumps up like that.  And as I'm coming into EHAM on final and taxi to gate all of that cycling disappears and it's pretty steady at around mid 60% for main thread loading and temps stay in the mid 60s. I don't seem to get this over US routes, even over the east where there is generally more development.

Does this happen to you over Western European routes?

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

6 minutes ago, Noel said:

in CPU loading?  At Fiorentoni's suggestion some time ago I disabled photogrammetry and with the new CPU I'm not getting stutters, but at cruise flying from Milan to Amsterdam just about like clockwork every ~10 seconds main thread spikes from around 65% (constantly fluctuating) up to 100%, and with it CPU core temp jumps from around 67C to 89C, then right back down again.  Of note, I am using a fixed TLOD of 100 and OLOD of 100.  Just posting here to see if you can relate to this oddity as I have no explanation for it.  At that altitude I'm puzzled why main thread ever jumps up like that.  And as I'm coming into EHAM on final and taxi to gate all of that cycling disappears and it's pretty steady at around mid 60% for main thread loading and temps stay in the mid 60s. I don't seem to get this over US routes, even over the east where there is generally more development.

Yes, this happens to me, too. North of the line Paris-Munich and south of the line Oslo-Malmo I experience these "undocumented features" that are very annoying. I hope that in the forthcoming SU15 these issues will be taken care of too.

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I'm not seeing this in Europe or anywhere else. There would be more reports if it was happening more widespeard too. Not helping I know. Maybe some background tasks that are running, or AV maybe.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

It is a thing which is official reported here and on MSFS forum. Bad performance here as well on a low end PC.

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

28 minutes ago, hvw said:

Yes, this happens to me, too. North of the line Paris-Munich and south of the line Oslo-Malmo I experience these "undocumented features" that are very annoying. I hope that in the forthcoming SU15 these issues will be taken care of too.

Thanks Hans though this was happening well below the P-M line, FWIW.

28 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

I'm not seeing this in Europe or anywhere else. There would be more reports if it was happening more widespeard too. Not helping I know. Maybe some background tasks that are running, or AV maybe.

Thanks that's important to know you can't relate and there is a possibility Self Loading Cargo is doing this so next time up will shut it down and see if it abates.

16 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

It is a thing which is official reported here and on MSFS forum. Bad performance here as well on a low end PC.

Michael Moe

So apparently I'm not alone....but when then is RaptyrOne not experiencing this?  Wonders never cease!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Noel said:

Thanks Hans though this was happening well below the P-M line, FWIW.

Thanks that's important to know you can't relate and there is a possibility Self Loading Cargo is doing this so next time up will shut it down and see if it abates.

So apparently I'm not alone....but when then is RaptyrOne not experiencing this?  Wonders never cease!

Indeed strange. But search for bad performance at cruize in Europe. 

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

There would be more reports

There are. But hard to find as the titles of the threads that contain them are "misleading" in this case 

• Upvote 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Noel can you post your flight plan here.  thanks

Also, thread title should specify *CPU* spikes because when I read it I thought it would be about terrain mesh spikes...some of which we've seen in MSFS in places like Canada.   The high cpu usage issue in Europe I have heard of people reporting, but I have never experienced it myself so far.  I haven't been flying much in Europe though.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

(if you have) ships add on (called GAIST I think) in community folder disable it and test your sim, I had some kind of similar problem when I get closer to sea/ocean but it wasn't constant, it happens once when reaching any water corridor, disabled the thing and smoothness restored, if you don't have it, I would assume it is an add on that causes the issue, empty your community folder and test, good luck.

P.S.

I'm running SU15 beta.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Noel said:

+1. Huge cpu loads, ventilators going up to cool my water-cooled rig, then fps drops simultaneously and after his short (2 - 3 Second heavy load & fps drop (from 55 to 35\45 and up again) all seem fine again. 

Indeed between every 10 to 15 seconds. 

Above Spain (especially Barcelona. And Madrid) good 55 a 60 fps and more steady. 

PG = ON. PG off has no positive influence. 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

There would be more reports if it was happening more widespeard too.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/extreme-cpu-usage-performance-hit-during-cruise-30000ft-altitude-in-eu-region/635911

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/638965-msfs-high-cpu-usage-cruising-over-de-at-ch/

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/extreme-cpu-usage-at-cruise-altitude/605012

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/occasional-major-cpu-spikes/588230/6

And https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/amd7800x3d-spikes-in-cpu-usage-increase-tdie-temperatures/618241/20

When i flew in the US my CPU was stable between 65 and 70 degrees but in Europe it spikes to really high temps. There is absolute something wrong with MSFS in Europe. In other games my CPU stays very cool. I cool it with a 360 mm X73 NZXT which does the job in cooling really well, but not in MSFS.

@Noel Perhaps try a delete and reinstall of WU4, WU6 and any European CUs (if these are installed)?

Some people have found that a reinstall of these content packs has worked for them.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

15 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

@Noel Perhaps try a delete and reinstall of WU4, WU6 and any European CUs (if these are installed)?

Some people have found that a reinstall of these content packs has worked for them.

Thanks for that.  FWIW, this is a brand new install on a new install of Win 11.  And I know I have experienced this on the prior build.  Yes I will delete the relevant WU's that sounds like a very good idea.  I will report back and will be able to do this sometime this eve. 

Cheers

Noel

Not sure if this is similar to your problem or if the solution that worked for me would work for you since it was very hardware dependent.

Cheers

Terry 

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

4 hours ago, F737MAX said:

I deleted 4 WUs and sure enough no problem now on this flight EHAM > LEBL and I'm about to start descent so that's great.  I will reinstall one and retest.

Cheers

• Like 1

Noel

6 hours ago, Noel said:

I deleted 4 WUs and sure enough no problem

Would you mind telling us which WUs you deleted? And when you have time to test, of course, which appeared to be the problematic one(s), please?

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter