Sign in to follow this  
pilotter

Majestic Software Q400 2024 Update

Best thing about fsx /p3d even today is that the night flying and weather is still in a different league compared to msfs. So you can fly those classic addons in ifr and don't even SEE the crt gfx especially if you have tons of airport addons. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

6 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

So A2A Comanche, PMDG 737, Milviz C-310, Fenix A320 and others are not detailed enough for you?

They are all good addons. (Not familiar with the 310 so can’t attest to that). Probably the best msfs has to offer. The majestic q400, however, is in a league of it’s own, in most part for its deep system modeling and its unique dynamics engine.

Can you imagine a commercial airline using pmdg for its training purposes? Won’t happen in a million years.

Well, commercial airlines do use the majestic just for that on the p3d platform. ( even though it doesn’t satisfy the criteria of Bob the pilot).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ha5mvo said:

Can you imagine a commercial airline using pmdg for its training purposes? Won’t happen in a million years.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/210018-upcoming-efb?p=267698#post267698

"Due to other projects, some commercial and some professional, we could not assign the manpower to this project as would be most prudent." — Mathijs

Unknown if it's an airline customer, though commercial and professional products (whatever they were) caused the 18-month+ delay to the 777 for MSFS.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, ha5mvo said:

They are all good addons. (Not familiar with the 310 so can’t attest to that). Probably the best msfs has to offer. The majestic q400, however, is in a league of it’s own, in most part for its deep system modeling and its unique dynamics engine.

Well, commercial airlines do use the majestic just for that on the p3d platform. ( even though it doesn’t satisfy the criteria of Bob the pilot).

Which commercial airlines and how they use it? I don't see any certification info or what it is used for? Recurring training, type rating? Most importantly if it's professional grade simulator why Majestic bother to bring it to entertaining platform such as FSX or MSFS? 

I can only see Majestic serve as training aid like anything else. Yes sure we are welcome depth and system simulation in MSFS but let us not mixing up with professional training. Even flying "study level" A2A Comanche won't earn you anything toward pilot certificate or currency.

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

11 hours ago, Samaritano said:

You mean like the 747-200 or Airbus A300-B2 they’ve been developing?

Where did he said that there are no detailed aircraft in MSFS 2020? Why would you consider that trolling. 

if anything you are the one trying to  incite an argument. 😏

Seriously? it was two lines above my post - here...let me do the work for you.

"Functions, I mean detailed aircraft, we don't have in MSFS2020. MSFS2020 is great looking, but I certainly wouldn't abandon P3D just because of that."

Posted (edited)

I will skip the 400 and get the 300/200 the day they come out. The latter used to dominate my region so I'm looking forward to their releases.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Like I said before, all the most popular arlines have been either done, or the project is deep into development now, or a big developer has already announced they will do it (737, 747, 777, 757, 767, A320, A330, A340, A220, A350, A380, BAe 146, etc).

There are (will be) so many good present day airliners that it leaves me begging for some classic jets. I always dreamed of a high fidelity DC-8 or 707.

4 hours ago, F737MAX said:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/210018-upcoming-efb?p=267698#post267698

"Due to other projects, some commercial and some professional, we could not assign the manpower to this project as would be most prudent." — Mathijs

Unknown if it's an airline customer, though commercial and professional products (whatever they were) caused the 18-month+ delay to the 777 for MSFS.

PMDG have said on multiple occasions that their software is used at Boeing.

Edited by threexgreen
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

6 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

To the extent any desktop sim for training purposes for commercial airlines?  Sure, why not--you will become amply familiar w/ controls, their layouts, creating workflows, etc.  My neighbor was hired by Frontier recently to fly Airbus which he had no experience with coming from mostly KingAir.  All his training with done on a full Airbus simulator, not a blithering desktop sim.  I know one thing for sure:  never in a million years will I fly in a Crash8 by a pilot who trained on Majestic's overrated product.  Just MHO of course no need to go all defensive.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

21 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

PMDG have said on multiple occasions that their software is used at Boeing.

Well, there we are then!

Some people seem to think that a sim aircraft that we play with isn't good enough for real world training. I mean, the Aerosoft A330 for P3D was/is used as training software. Hence why only the A333 RR variant was produced.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Posted (edited)

Nevermind, nothing to see here.

Edited by threexgreen
Misread the post I quoted.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Which commercial airlines and how they use it? I don't see any certification info or what it is used for? Recurring training, type rating? Most importantly if it's professional grade simulator why Majestic bother to bring it to entertaining platform such as FSX or MSFS? 

I can only see Majestic serve as training aid like anything else. Yes sure we are welcome depth and system simulation in MSFS but let us not mixing up with professional training. Even flying "study level" A2A Comanche won't earn you anything toward pilot certificate or currency.

Augsburg used them as procedural trainers until they ceased operation. Majestic doesn't disclose which other airlines do, but they do exist (which is part of the reason they continue development for p3d).

Did you actually use it on p3d?

3 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

Augsburg used them as procedural trainers until they ceased operation. Majestic doesn't disclose which other airlines do, but they do exist (which is part of the reason they continue development for p3d).

Did you actually use it on p3d?

I'm not familiar with other countries but in the world of FAA procedural training could be done by sitting in the cockpit of real aircraft on the ground with GPU attached. I personally done it many times. Everything else pilot can obtain via common commercial marketed yet not certified product can be considered as training aid. Pilot can use  on his/her own risk no liability provided. Imagine incident involving real aircraft and pilot refer to emergency procedure he learn in some 3rd party uncertified training solution. I see big liability issue. 

Also it's kind of odd that company that offer commercial professional training solution keep it under the tabs. Don't they want  visibility, and potentially more customers? Also why not to disclose commercial simulator/training certification BATD, ATD, AATD  and etc.?

P.S. I used Majestic back in days in FSX then in P3D. Yes it study level and I love it. 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

23 hours ago, JaseMelbo said:

Are you trying to say there aren't detailed aircraft in MSFS2020?

Jase

Did I say that? P3D has a lot more.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

22 hours ago, Mike T said:

So I gotta ask. Are you trolling? Or do you REALLY think that there are no detailed aircraft in MSFS 2020.

Did I say there are no detailed aircraft in MSFS 2020?  NO. I said there are still a lot more in P3D than MSFS 2020! 

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

22 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

So A2A Comanche, PMDG 737, Milviz C-310, Fenix A320 and others are not detailed enough for you?

And we have a lot more than that in P3D

Pete Richards