Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

iniBuilds releasing Milwaukee (KMKE) for free!

nice.  Will be picking this up for sure

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Was interested until I read this:

Please note that this scenery is not compatible with photogrammetry OFF.

I find PG to be performance-harming for airliner flying. It's a disappointing trend to see it being a pre-requisite.

Still, it's a nice surprise for those who can and enjoy running PG.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Finally, someone decided to give some love to KMKE. Continuously ignored through many generations of simulators, we now have these two good news, it was developed by IniBuilds and as if that were not enough it will be free.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

I find PG to be performance-harming for airliner flying. It's a disappointing trend to see it being a pre-requisite.

Most people use photogrammetry.

Im guessing the terrain is too different between on/off that they can’t make one that fits both

Edited by Tuskin38

36 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

At least they state the facts this time. Their JFK and LAX sceneries are unusable with PG disabled (for me, at least).

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

So i can't use it because my PG is always off to keep my Hardware to have enough Power for the Sim and i don't like how PG looks, therefor i like more the normal setting.

To bad that this is now a requirement for some scenerys but I will try anyway to see what could happen..

If so they should do it with two options one with PG and the other for the non PG users ( where should be a lot people out there )

cheers 😉

• Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, NovemberUniform said:

At least they state the facts this time. Their JFK and LAX sceneries are unusable with PG disabled (for me, at least).

Probably why they’ve started adding this disclaimer. The last airport they released also had this warning 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Im guessing the terrain is too different between on/off that they can’t make one that fits both

The recent poll on this forum suggests that over a quarter of AVSIM members have PG switched off. That's a pretty big chunk of the market (for payware addons). Even though I do not fly in the USA at the moment, I will install this and do a bit of beta testing :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

47 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I don't understand how people are running a complex airliner, detailed airport scenery, AI traffic, plus any other add-ons and have PG on.

My PC is not the newest, but still ranks well. I'm only at 1440p UW display and 75 Mbps (13 ms ping) broadband. PG is a stutterfest for me.

Anyway, free is free and it will be a better scenery than the current payware one.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Why is this free ???

and also, why do people turn off photogrammetry.

• Upvote 1

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

1 minute ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Yeah, really.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Yeah, really.

One reason I turn it off is when I fly into/out of KDFW in Dallas.   If you don't...besides the scenery looking terrible, you're in for a big surprise on the runway... where you'll be flipped on your back when you hit it.  Shocks me that they have not fixed this yet.

I generally leave it on other places.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Why is this free ???

I wonder if this will be one of the bespoke 2024 airports... But, great that they released Milwaukee, right in my neck of the woods and as someone mentioned above, ignored through all the FS releases. Great news and thank you iniBuilds!

5 minutes ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

There seems to be two reasons. For some people PG affects performance significantly while others just do not like the look of the buildings as sometimes they look "melted".  

• Like 1

Dan Scott

3 minutes ago, Cognita said:

There seems to be two reasons. For some people PG affects performance significantly while others just do not like the look of the buildings as sometimes they look "melted".  

That is where that comes from. I get that a lot.

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600