Sign in to follow this  
techman

ATC: A quick comparison test

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

How can someone get along in 2024 without a credit card. That is really rare, I would think. 

The world is larger than the US. 

Just now, tup61 said:

The world is larger than the US. 

I have traveled a great deal, never visited a country where I couldn't use my Credit Cards. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have traveled a great deal, never visited a country where I couldn't use my Credit Cards. 

Yes, you can use them but in a lot of places the locals don't have them. There is a difference between being able to use them somewhere and being common somewhere. I can't think of anyone I know that has a CC, actually. And yes it's 2024 here also. Americans have a tendency to think that their way of doing things is the regular way all over the globe.

It would be unthinkable for a software developer in my country to sell someting online and offer CC as the only option. He'd be out of business in no time.

BATC offers two other payment options but both only work in the US. 

Edited by tup61
  • Upvote 1

In france,

Pomme means apple

Oeuf mean egg

poulet means chicken

Its like they have a different word for everything.

courtesy of the great Steve Martin

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

I think that the OP - even if his account is disabled as stated by him - and with regards to the BATC Discord - he was not too far from reality.

4 hours ago, tup61 said:

BATC offers two other payment options but both only work in the US. 

Hi,

bought it today with amazon 💰 in good old 🇩🇪 

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

As a European, I've never in my life heard of anyone in a western country not having easy access to a simple credit card. Even if it's not used locally, weird not having one in a digital age if you intend of buying things.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Posted (edited)

Got it to work. No idea how

Is there a special way to get it to recognize my Mic.

Cant get past the test.

Edited by Ron Lefebvre

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

1 hour ago, hhbrbg said:

Hi,

bought it today with amazon 💰 in good old 🇩🇪 

When you went to the Amazon site did you get the US one? I did and I couldn't enter my phone number correctly. Wonder how you did it... Perhaps I am entering the number wrong...

2 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Got it to work. No idea how

Cant get past the test.

Forget about the test, skip it and just fly. There's a bug.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Cant get past the test.

Before you start speaking, wait for the countdown to finish. Hit the PTT button, wait half a second and then speak.

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

19 hours ago, AGuther said:

• SI stopped working starting with the approach telling me that IFR approaches are still in work --> that was an unpleasant surprise

Their site says it supports IFR, which I assumed it would support IFR approaches as well. This is definitely disappointing to hear. I will hold off on this now.

7 hours ago, tup61 said:

When you went to the Amazon site did you get the US one? I did and I couldn't enter my phone number correctly. Wonder how you did it... Perhaps I am entering the number wrong...

You can look into prepaid credit cards. They don't do a credit check on you and the requirements are way more loose to get one. Yiu probaboy want to double check with BeyondATC if a prepaid credit card will work. But if they say it will work, a prepaid credit card is your best bet.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

11 hours ago, ifred said:

I think that the OP - even if his account is disabled as stated by him - and with regards to the BATC Discord - he was not too far from reality.

very suspicious that you first account message is this lol you must be op new account 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, michdb8 said:

very suspicious that you first account message is this lol you must be op new account 

wont  take  long  to be  sure 🙂 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg