Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

A32X FBW or iniBuilds

Had small break from the flight sim - what is general consensus regarding the FBW A32X vs iniBuilds A32X? Which one offers more "immersive" experience right now in terms of system depth, textures, sounds, integrations - etc. - overall experience? Thank you

Knowing iniBuilds, the plane would be very heavy on FPS. That kills any immersion. My vote is for FBW.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Posted (edited)

I tried the INIBUILDS A32N yesterday after installing the latest SU15 patch, and hadn't used it for a while, so I tried to focus on some aspects of the simulation that were lacking or wrongly implemented or had bugs, and I found out that I really like it now !!!

All taken into consideration it's probably not to the level of detail of the FBW A32X but it's still very acceptable and just like the FBW it gives me an overall "feel of flying", particularly when hand flying, that I consider, based only on empiric simmer background only OFC, and thus with NILL validity for those who fly the thing for real as their jobs, better in feel when handlfown than the FENIX.

It took me a bit to understand how to properly use the GUI in the EFB to set the throttle calliration, and I was about to give up when, all of a sudden, there was LIGHT ! 🙂 but it's probably due to being really slow these days with my neurons 🤣

So, to answer your question, I would use BOTH the FBW A32X and the INIBUILDS 32N v2 ! After all RW pilots say that even in RL when flying two aircraft of the same base model, differences can be noticed, specially when they have different versions of the FMGC / MCDU, etc... 

Regarding FPS / optimization it looks VERY GOOD too !!!

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

37 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Knowing iniBuilds, the plane would be very heavy on FPS. That kills any immersion. My vote is for FBW.

It is actually very well optimized.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Posted (edited)

The inibuilds Neo will also be getting a free enhancement package in the marketplace at launch that adds a cabin, if you care about that kind of thing.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

If you like audio quality...FBW has one of the best sound sets in the sim.  The ini version which I have flown twice is very lacking in that department.  Not sure why, but they seem to have a hard time with their sound levels/mixing....

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Posted (edited)

Which one can do a an actual RNAV and RNP approach ? The Flybywire one remains parked for the lack of that feature for me. The IniBuilds one i dont know so im genuinely asking.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Maxis said:

Which one can do a an actual RNAV and RNP approach ? The Flybywire one remains parked for the lack of that feature for me. The IniBuilds one i dont know so im genuinely asking.

MSFS iniBuilds A320 Neo V2 Komatsu (RJNK) RNAV RWY 24 Landing (youtube.com)

Out of curiosity, I am finding that the main problem I face when simming in the Inibuilds A32n v2 is that it is extremelly slippery and very difficult to get on speed when descending. Most of the time I'm forced to use full spoilers...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

If you have a PC, then FBW 100%

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

If you like audio quality...FBW has one of the best sound sets in the sim.  The ini version which I have flown twice is very lacking in that department.  Not sure why, but they seem to have a hard time with their sound levels/mixing....

Made by Boris Audio Works, he's the absolute best. I have begun flying the dreaded Aerosoft CRJ again thanks to his soundset.

Edited by thepilot

The ini has RNAV and Missed approaches so I will likely use it more than the FBW.

Granted, I also have the Fenix which beats them all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrammyH said:

The ini has RNAV and Missed approaches so I will likely use it more than the FBW.

Thanks for the info. I pretty much only fly the Fenix myself but it would be nice to have a Neo with the most if not all of the approach features.

Ill give the Inibuilds a shot i have been enjoying their A300 a lot recently what could go wrong ? heh 

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 hours ago, BrammyH said:

Could you give a comparison how the ini performs FPS-wise compared to the Fenix and the FBW?

Sorry to jump on this thread but rather than start a new one … my rudders/throttle/sidestick/flaps are all calibrated for the Fenix using their bespoke config options in the MCDU. If I try out the inibuilds, and calibrate using their EFB, will it mess up the Fenix settings? Sorry again if this is a stupid question 

19 minutes ago, tfm said:

Sorry to jump on this thread but rather than start a new one … my rudders/throttle/sidestick/flaps are all calibrated for the Fenix using their bespoke config options in the MCDU. If I try out the inibuilds, and calibrate using their EFB, will it mess up the Fenix settings? Sorry again if this is a stupid question 

No mess at all. I did exactly the same an I am using the Fênix profiles of my t16000 and Saitek x56 Pro.

But beware, the throttle calibration process is not very easy to glimpse... Took me a while...

In the EFB in the throttle configuration gui opt for a reset, then assuming you have a single throttle without reverse course, bring it full back and hit the idle thrust button, move it up to where you would like Climb to be leaving a reasonable course for manual throttle control and then hit the Climb button, then advance it a bit more to where you want the Flex/MCT and hit the corresponding button, and finally all way forward and TOGA button.

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig: