Sign in to follow this  
MaGer1965

Say Intentions integrates Navigraph taxi data and more

Posted (edited)

Really: Wow...There were a few Steve Jobs moments.  BIG NEWS from  minute 14:28 on   Just watch:

Edited by MaGer1965
  • Like 3

good but 30$ Say Intentions + 10$ navigraph  40$ per month in subscriptions  definitely  very expensive 

• Like 6

Now that’s a surprise. Thought it wasn’t possible to get taxiway data via the Navigraph ApI. Here‘s hope BATC willdo the same

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MaGer1965 said:

Really: Wow.........  BIG NEWS

taxiway names for all airports - a SayIntentions breaktrough?

"a rockstar. nobody has done this before. a Steve Jobs moment"

WHAT?

Airport-navigator, a free plugin for x-plane showing taxiway names has been around for ca. 10 years:

"The Airport Navigator plugin displays the following overlaid information:

Taxiway network (magenta) + optional taxiway name (white)

Ramp start positions (green) + optional ramp name (white)"

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/34155-airport-navigator/

spacer.png

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Posted (edited)

This is a bit of gamechanger as the airport scenery data is hit and miss.  I get the expense will put some people off although anyone taking this seriously enough will already pay to have a Navigraph subscription.

Edited by MikeyOnTheFlightDeck
spelling
  • Upvote 1

but this is only for default airport ? paywares sceneries already have the taxiways already set.

$480 a year. No matter how good it is, this price will automatically exclude many people. 

• Like 13

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

WHAT?

Airport-navigator, a free plugin for x-plane

Which has what to do with an AI ATC plugin for MSFS?

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Now that’s a surprise. Thought it wasn’t possible to get taxiway data via the Navigraph ApI. Here‘s hope BATC willdo the same

Yeah Navigraph got access about a year ago and you could request access to the API around 10 months ago. 

However they can’t provided dated AMDB data and so it’s unavailable to non-subscribers. 

It would be cool for BATC to support both navigraph natively as well as MSFS nav data API to support both users. We’ll have to see but based on their video I doubt it 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, espent said:

$480 a year. No matter how good it is, this price will automatically exclude many people. 

Maybe those who don't have flight sim as their main hobby?

I still find flightsim and addons reasonably priced.  I just purchased three amazingly accurate Dukes for £50 - that is what I call value for money.  Say Intentions is just $30 a month, for that you are getting AI levels of complexity and realism - seems reasonably priced to me. Now they have cracked the taxiway issue, the value is even more amazing!  I don't see how $30 is expensive when you get unlimited interaction with an AI ATC system.

I'm constantly amazed the level we can simulate aviation in our homes at such reasonable costs!  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 minute ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Maybe those who don't have flight sim as their main hobby?

Flight Simulation is absolutely my main hobby and I still wouldn't pay $30 a month for just ATC.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

16 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Flight Simulation is absolutely my main hobby and I still wouldn't pay $30 a month for just ATC.

$30 in the UK is the cost of a couple of fast food meals, amazing value!

• Like 1

And before you know it, $30 for this, $30 dollars for that.

With no disrespect towards developers, it will become a snowball rolling down the mountain whereby everything will be a monthly subscription

and this 'hobby' will be costing you hundreds of dollars a month.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I'm constantly amazed the level we can simulate aviation in our homes at such reasonable costs!  

I'm sorry, but it's just not for the average consumer considering what you get out of it. My gym membership is like £28 which provides miles more value than a piece of software.

SI seems like an amazing piece of software and I understand their recurring cost but $30pm is just not consumer friendly.

Edited by Lucky38i
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

$30 in the UK is the cost of a couple of fast food meals, amazing value!

But that is the most tired, overused argument that just makes one want to let out an audible groan over how silly it is. People keep using it, especially around these part, like it's some smart angle but it just makes you look slightly financially harebrained. It's terrible value, there's no objective value in having an AI talk to you for $30 a month. That is value you attribute it. And who says people buy fast food at all? And does your argument mean that because you're financially equating it to something else a person is buying, they have to give that up? And what about the 30 other people who keep using that argument for whatever addon or hobby addition you need, that equates to Starbucks coffee, food, a haircut, a subscription to your favorite streaming service, I just keep slapping on a monthly subscription worth a few "measly" dollars and suddenly I'm paying $800 a month in inane subscriptions because hey, it's just $30 here, $50 there and apparently it has no value because it's just a Starbucks coffee!

For Christ sake stop using that argument, it's not smart and realize having a recurring subscription for $30 a month to a computer talking to you is not fantastic value, nor would people even consider that reasonably priced, by what metric? Everyone understands the data costs of it and that dictates the price, fair enough but $30 for that will never become good value nor reasonable for the mainstream or even majority of enthusiasts. It's not a "be able to afford" question for a lot of people, that is a value question and for the vast, vast majority, the value to price ratio is insanely poor for what you get.

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB