Those voices are just not gonna cut it for me in 2024, no matter how good the ATC. Sorry but good luck nevertheless!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Those voices are just not gonna cut it for me in 2024, no matter how good the ATC. Sorry but good luck nevertheless!

That's ok I understand you're a strong supporter of a different app.  IMHO the accuracy and flow matters far more than a subjective opinion of a voice.  I'd be interested to learn what other app injects and controls it's own AI, giving you this level of immersion though?  I sat at the runway hold earlier listening to a VFR flight sat behind me getting a clearance out of class D airspace via a VRP, and watched a 737 depart via its instructed SID, all sequenced and controlled by Vox.  My old chief always told me "get the basics right, then do the fancy looking word not allowed when you've got that mastered...." 🤣

• Like 3

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

I would think that the voice part is the easiest thing to fix. That is something you can buy of the shelf and you send the text to an API. If people want to pay for premium voices that can be added when everything else is done. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

injects and controls it's own AI,

Thank you for this video Kevin, could you please clarify on this very AI point: by "its own AI" do you mean that Vox injects a "selection" of the AIG traffic or all of it? In other words, if we are at a busy airport, will the 100% of AIG traffic be injected or will it be adapted (reduced) by Vox to remain manageable?

Edited by Bernard Ducret

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I have high hopes for this! I agree with the comment about the voices, and I'm also following the alternative ATC add-ons, but I also prioritize correct phraseology and procedures.

• Upvote 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

IMHO the accuracy and flow matters far more than a subjective opinion of a voice. 

Absolutely agree.

I'd be interested to learn what other app injects and controls it's own AI, giving you this level of immersion though?   

FSHud. It doesn't support VFR yet, but other than VoxATC it is already available and working just fine, at least for an IFR flight from A to B.

I am looking forward to VoxATC to see how both of these apps compare.

My old chief always told me "get the basics right, then do the fancy looking word not allowed when you've got that mastered...."

This! It seems some other apps prefer to do it the other way round... And apparently from a marketing perspective that works...

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Thank you for this video Kevin, could you please clarify on this very AI point: by "its own AI" do you mean that Vox injects a "selection" of the AIG traffic or all of it? In other words, if we are at a busy airport, will the 100% of AIG traffic be injected or will it be adapted (reduced) by Vox to remain manageable?

The traffic is entirely generated by VoxATC just like in the ESP version.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

That's ok I understand you're a strong supporter of a different app.  IMHO the accuracy and flow matters far more than a subjective opinion of a voice.  I'd be interested to learn what other app injects and controls it's own AI, giving you this level of immersion though?  I sat at the runway hold earlier listening to a VFR flight sat behind me getting a clearance out of class D airspace via a VRP, and watched a 737 depart via its instructed SID, all sequenced and controlled by Vox.  My old chief always told me "get the basics right, then do the fancy looking word not allowed when you've got that mastered...." 🤣

FSHud does that too IIRC. Of course the basics matter more, I didn't say anything else. But unless you plan on using neural voices the potential here is limited.
Also VoxATC will have the same problem as other apps like P2ATC that use windows voice recognition: Once you start speaking like a human "Uh good morning, so we need a clearance to..." it will stop understanding you. Correct me if I'm wrong.
So both bad voices and bad voice recognition is what kills immersion in the end for me. But priorities are different for different people. I've just been spoiled by the immersive experience with another ATC tool, even in its buggy state and without AI traffic.

• Upvote 1

Beyond ATC looked awesome in preview videos also so this video doesnt mean too much. We`ll just have to wait and see. For now voices are nothing to write home about but if the program is solid that wont matter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ilari Kousa said:

The traffic is entirely generated by VoxATC just like in the ESP version.

So if I understand correctly, it will be limited (reduced) by Vox ATC and not reliant on the AIGTC user selected value?

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Its all as default, but you can change it higher or lower depending on your requirements, the AIG AI traffic has relatively little impact in my experience.

Edited by kevinfirth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

I have high hopes for this! I agree with the comment about the voices, and I'm also following the alternative ATC add-ons, but I also prioritize correct phraseology and procedures.

Who wouldn't want the most realistic voices?  Im not going to raise expectations beyond the deliverable, but nothing comes for free, any cloud based speech generation is included in this.  Will it be possible to provide improved voices in some ways? Possibly.  Will it be at a cost?  I dont know.

The focus is to provide correct phraseology and procedures and immersion through provision of a full Simulated Air Traffic Environment, not simply talking to the user aircraft alone.

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 3

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

FSHud. It doesn't support VFR yet, but other than VoxATC it is already available and working just fine, at least for an IFR flight from A to B

Not as comprehensive as Vox, but fair play to them.  Its a hard thing to do, very hard, complex maths and logic analysis.  To do it for IFR and VFR, in an integrated fashion?  Only Vox will do this. (to the best of my knowledge)

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

yes the voices are far from basic Beyond atc and SayIntentions ai. and even FShud have better voices and already have a nice ifr system, i know voices are no the main priority but those voices in the video are like old p3d atc addons like  pilot2atc or pro atc