Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

3d experience now in vista-heads up...

I received my 3D glasses today (3 days after I ordered them), they are excellent quality Flip-up, Clip-ons. The framed and Clip-ons sell for the same price $8.95 plus $3.55, First Class Mail. I got the Red/Blue lenses (also available in Red/Cyan). They work great and the 3D effect is.... WOW!!!!, once you get it all tuned in properly.Total cost was $12.50, can't believe the difference sin FS. Thanks Geof for bringing it up!Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Is there much difference between RED/GREEN and RED/CYAN? I went for a RED/CYAN pair from a shop here in the UK and they should be here tomorrow.

From what I've read on it, I think it's just a matter of personal preference. Blue, Cyan or even Green will work with the 3D setup.I'm using Blue, Geof is using Green and you will have the Cyan. Maybe we can get together and compare :-kewl and have a few "beverages" :-beerchug . Ofcourse if we have enough beverages, we may not even need glasses to see in 3D.Pete S. :( :-wave

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Guest jshyluk

What matters is how well the red matches up against the green, or blue, or cyan, or whatever. If the match is "neutral", then when you look through the lenses, you should be able to see normal(ish) colours. Everything looks this sort of wierd yellowy-greeny-orangey brownish hue, but if the colours look predominantly red or blue then your glasses aren't a good match. From what I recall, you can adjust your stereoscopic video drivers to align with the colours of your glasses, so that should not be an issue.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Well I continue to be amazed-next to tracker ir I think this has given me more pleasure than just about any add in-and very cheap.I only wish there was a way to show pictures as good as it looks....Reducing the size distorts them and of course you have to have the glasses to see them. I posted a few in the screenshot forum even with these limitations...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=271042&page=http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Very interesting thread!It really sounds like a mind-blowing experience -- and an inexspensive upgrade! So no doubt I will try it out.... just got to get hold of a pair of glasses. Does anybody know of a web shop located in Europe (just to speed up things)?My biggest concern is performance though. Will this half your framerate as two images has to be rendered for each frame?/ Regards, Poul

Guy's if you think stereo is good then try stereo+fresnel lens. Incredible is the only word to describe. BTW I have the TH2Go, middle monitor 22, left and right 19. 3 lenses and stereo, 150 degree virtual wraparound display.

Keith Sandford.

Those screen shots really show the 3D effect very well Geofa.I'm glad this subject has cropped up again if only to update the driver issue.A few years ago I tried the stereo drivers with FS (can't remember which version) and some card anaglyph glasses and was knocked out with the effect.Problem with the US site you guys mention is the shipping costs back to the UK so for me buying from http://www.eyecessories.com/ was a cheaper option.I will probably try the Nvidia drivers first to see if my frame rates get hammered too much. I also want to try stereo with FS9 so again that will be Nvidia drivers, just a shame the XP drivers are quite old now.Keith,I had also considered try a fresnel lens (probably have the same shipping cost problem as a bove though :-( ).When I investigated a few years ago there was a site (UK I think) that did a kit of lens and black hood that fastened on to the monitor and held the lens a distance away from the monitor.The idea was that the hood reduced glare and reflected light as well as focusing your eyes into the screen. Have mounted your lens this way or just propped up in from of the monitor?

Hi Vulcan. I encased mine myself, very simple really, hard cardboard and a bit of spray paint. I have my outer lenses angled in at approx 45 degrees which makes it stable. The kit you refer too was from icetek, I had one before moving to 3 screens. Try ebay as you can get decent lenses on there from time to time. Mine looks similar to this setup from bugeye, but much cheaper. 2bcgh0.jpgread the 5 star review at avsim here.http://www.avsim.com/pages/0404/bugeye/bugeye_review.html

Keith Sandford.

Help!!!!I have the stereo drivers installed and can see the test application but have no double images in FSX, either full screen or windowed mode (I seem to remember they only work in full screen mode?)If I press CTRL+T after opening FSX in full screen mode I get a notice at the bottom of the 'Only anaglyph allowed in this display' but do not get the double imagaes.Can anyone offer any advice please?

>HELP? Yes,Get your credit card out and buy the ddd version.:D j/kThanks also for explaining how you have your fresnel lens set up, I will investigate that once I have stereo working for FSX and FS9.I now have the Nvidia drivers working for FSX in Vista but can anyone confirm that they don't work with light bloom on nor with DX10 preview; do the ddd drivers work with either of those options switched on?TIA

Finally some light in the tunnel? for it to work on a regular lcd display do I need more then the nvidia drivers? I suppose the edimensional stereo3d glasses still won