Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest JIMJAM

Flight Environment X opinions?

What do you guys think about FEX? Is it worth the buy?I wouldnt normally ask, but I can't find a single review anywhere including AVSIM.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have had it now for over 1 month. If you like to fly using real world weather and have no major performance hits with alot of clouds I say go for it. If you are having issues with clouds I would not get it. You can pick from several water themes and cloud themes. The clouds in FEX make the skys more realistic.

I bought it a while back and I love it. I use HiFI's Active Sky X and FEX for the textures and its great. However, Real Enviroment Xtreme is coming out soon, so you might want to wait because that one looks real good.

An excellent addon.Water it makes a little nicer - with many options to alter colour, wave pattern etc.But the clouds it makes altogether something different - and again, the options for varying same are huge, with user-created content downloadable via a simple GUI. I am quite simply amazed, time and again, by the cloudscapes produced by FEX.Recommended, I'd say.

It is one of the 'must haves' for FSX, it completely transforms the experiance.

The addon i could not fly without. At least until REX is out.

I think I read REX might be out by the end of the month (I think?). Might be worth reading their forum to find out, they do have some gorgeous images.

Very good stuff!I had FE for FS9 and bought FEX for FSX as soon as it came out. Along with GEX, UTX, and Genesis mesh, it's 1/4 of the Silver Bullet I won't fly without.Great sky colours, great water, great clouds, and lots of new variations released all the time. Nice easy to use interface as well. It's ice cream for the eyes.

>>Great sky colours, great water, great clouds, and lots of new>variations released all the time. Nice easy to use interface>as well. It's ice cream for the eyes.Ice cream for the eyes lol!

Question for the REX cheerleaders..... you ever see a FEX thread you didnt try to hijack?

Hmm, looks to me like people just giving their opinions. So long as it doesn't go off topic, what is the problem?

Well lets see, the thread title is Flight Environmemt X Opinions, keyword there FEX. Everytime someone posts about FEX, some yahoo from REX starts pushing it. If you don't see the problem, then nothing I can say will help you.

I think only by way of comparison, as with X-graphics as well, although we have yet to actually see anything from REX yet.At that I would like to go back on topic and say that at this point I feel FEX is a great product and worth the purchase IMHO.