Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What are your impressions of the inibuilds A340?

Featured Replies

I've been flying pretty much nothing but the Fenix A32Xs for a while now, and am wondering about delving back into some long-haul action. I have the PMDG 777-300, and have enjoyed using it in the past, but over the past year I've built out my home cockpit components to be very Airbus specific (thanks, WinCtrl! 🤨)

I haven't used the 2024 native inibuilds A330-300 much, and was wondering whether I should just do that (and find a workaround for the WinCtrl MCDU screen support issue), or maybe give ini's A340 a go. The cockpit is the same as my home setup, and the A340 systems and modelling seem to be a lot more in-depth than the default A330 at least, but from what I've heard still not near the level of the Fenix A320 (or ini's other aircraft such as the A380 and A350).

It looks like it's been a while since the A340 received an update, and I've seen that not everyone is very happy with the sound set. As a regular Fenix user, would existing owners of both recommend the A340? Or would I be better off skipping it, and get something else instead, like the A350 or A380, even though their cockpits don't match my lovely home setup?

Thanks!

I like it, although I don't find it top-notch.

Presently unable to use it in FS 2024 because I am in the SU7 beta and they're incompatible :-/

Feel of flight is acceptable I believe, systems are nicely functional / implemented. I would like to have an option for "No Cabin" because I don't give a "..mn" about the 3d pax area, specially if it can save important resources... In the A350 I always use the "No Cabin" variants.

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

  • Author

Thanks! How does it compare to the A350 in terms of flight model, sounds and system fidelity in your view? Or, I guess more importantly for me, can you compare it to the PMDG 777-300? As that's the only other long haul reference I have.

1 hour ago, Redge said:

the A350 or A380, even though their cockpits don't match my lovely home setup?

I have had the ini a340 since release day. Like many ini releases, it was quite bumpy at first but now 10 or 11 patches later I find it to be an exceptional performer in all aspects and it works like a champ with WinCTRL (WINWING) EFIS/FCU and MCDU. YMMV. TANSTAAFL. Blue skies,

-B

Edited by btacon

I love it. It's the best A340 I've ever flown. I only wish the A330-200 was as detailed as the A340.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX 5060Ti 16GB, 256 GB M.2 SATA SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz (G-sync compatible), Windows 11. Running P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 scenery objects as an additional library, just in case), FSX-SE, MSFS2020, MSFS2024 and even FS9! Lossless Scaling for all my sims but 2024, which uses the in-sim one.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there at 60 locked FPS.

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/mobile.

The 350 and the 340, given their difefrences IRL, are both what I believe to be acceptably modelled flight dynamics and ground physics wise.

Just as with any aircraft in MSFS, they're nice caricatures of their RW counterparts.

OFC you don't have the extraordinary inertia feel provided by, say, Aerowinx PSX and it's astounding model of a 744, but they're still good enough for my requirements, and I think overall for a desktop simulator, many times used with inexpensive hardware controllers like the ones I use in my setup..

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

I absolutely love the inibuilds A340. It is not as detailed as the Fenix for normal flights. Systems are not as in depth. but can you do a long intercontinental flight with quality and immersion? Absolutely. Where it excels is in the visual realm.. it looks absolutely amazing. and "word not alloweds" all over the Fenix.

Z370 Gaming Trident X | Intel i7-9700K | RAM 32.0 GB | AMD Radeon™ RX 9060 XT 16GB

4 hours ago, Redge said:

I've been flying pretty much nothing but the Fenix A32Xs for a while now, and am wondering about delving back into some long-haul action. I have the PMDG 777-300, and have enjoyed using it in the past, but over the past year I've built out my home cockpit components to be very Airbus specific (thanks, WinCtrl! 🤨)

I haven't used the 2024 native inibuilds A330-300 much, and was wondering whether I should just do that (and find a workaround for the WinCtrl MCDU screen support issue), or maybe give ini's A340 a go. The cockpit is the same as my home setup, and the A340 systems and modelling seem to be a lot more in-depth than the default A330 at least, but from what I've heard still not near the level of the Fenix A320 (or ini's other aircraft such as the A380 and A350).

It looks like it's been a while since the A340 received an update, and I've seen that not everyone is very happy with the sound set. As a regular Fenix user, would existing owners of both recommend the A340? Or would I be better off skipping it, and get something else instead, like the A350 or A380, even though their cockpits don't match my lovely home setup?

Thanks!

I can’t speak to iniB, but I’m entirely satisfied with ToLiss’ A340 in XP. ToLiss makes the code that drives the Aerosoft A340. Literally Professional Grade. 🤙

2 hours ago, btacon said:

it was quite bumpy at first but now 10 or 11 patches later I find it to be an exceptional performer in all aspects

I can’t help but chuckle at this - in a good natured way.

iniB takes some well deserved hits for “pre-releasing” airplanes, but one MUST give them props for subsequently grinding away at the rough spots! 😁🤙

It’s straight up one of the best airliners in the sim.

It’s also pretty performance limited because it’s not a huge takeoff performer, so for long hauls to hot or high places, you gotta think about it a bit.

The EIS1 cockpit at night is also the best in the game. It’s fantastic.

  • Author

Thanks for all the feedback. Unfortunately my weekend looks like it just got more expensive! 😄

48 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

I can’t help but chuckle at this - in a good natured way.

iniB takes some well deserved hits for “pre-releasing” airplanes, but one MUST give them props for subsequently grinding away at the rough spots! 😁🤙

The 380 being the exception to this.

It’s fantastic right out of the box.

26 minutes ago, ATRguy said:

The 380 being the exception to this.

It’s fantastic right out of the box.

Fair! I’ll stipulate that their release quality has been steadily increasing over time. 🤙

2 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

Fair! I’ll stipulate that their release quality has been steadily increasing over time. 🤙

If you think ini is reformed with the a380 released, you should check out LVFR’s a380…not reformed, REDEEMED!

-B

27 minutes ago, btacon said:

If you think ini is reformed with the a380 released, you should check out LVFR’s a380…not reformed, REDEEMED!

-B

Are they giving the same treatment to their A318…? I have a thing for short stubby airliners 😎

Edited by UrgentSiesta

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.