Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Eek

Scam alert!!

Got it too. Someone is about to get banned.:DBy the way, I used the Alert link for this topic to alert the mods. In addition to what I said in that alert, the user responsible is "amanda abu" with user ID 155904.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>By the way, I used the Alert link for this topic to alert the>mods. Thanks Mike. :-) Perhaps there should be an alert link for PMs. Or is there and I'm just too dumb to see it?

Yeah could not be a more perfect example of the nigerian spoof, Ive had to deal with that many times on ebay myself.

Got one of those last year, but for $12Mil. I turned it over to the FBI!

I've got it too but having deleted the message the advisory message still appears on the AvSim Forum page and when I click it it say's my Inbox is empty.How can I get rid of the message?

>How can I get rid of the message?Did you click on the " Click here to mark inbox messages as read" in your inbox ?

I have given them the my email and phone number in the past,that just happened to be the same as the Boston FBI's:-)

He / she / it are now history. We will start to have to ban gmail addresses if this stuff keeps up.

Man, those Nigerians certainly get about :-wave I wish I'd kept all the different versions of these scam mails that I've received over the years, you could publish them together to make an amusing book :-)regardsGrahame

"We will start to have to ban gmail addresses if this stuff keeps up"I thought anonymous email addresses are banned already? GMail has the same anonymity as yahoo, msn or hotmail. Regards,John

Can't rememebr, sorry. I did choose Delete which removed it but the reminder remains.Can you clear it please?