Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Eek

Scam alert!!

Got it too. Someone is about to get banned.:DBy the way, I used the Alert link for this topic to alert the mods. In addition to what I said in that alert, the user responsible is "amanda abu" with user ID 155904.

Mike...

>By the way, I used the Alert link for this topic to alert the>mods. Thanks Mike. :-) Perhaps there should be an alert link for PMs. Or is there and I'm just too dumb to see it?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Pilot533

Yeah could not be a more perfect example of the nigerian spoof, Ive had to deal with that many times on ebay myself.

Got one too.Tim

Timothy D. Herman (midcon385)

KMDT -- Harrisburg Int'l Airport, PA

pmdg_trijet.jpg

I've got it too but having deleted the message the advisory message still appears on the AvSim Forum page and when I click it it say's my Inbox is empty.How can I get rid of the message?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Staggerwing

>How can I get rid of the message?Did you click on the " Click here to mark inbox messages as read" in your inbox ?

I have given them the my email and phone number in the past,that just happened to be the same as the Boston FBI's:-)

Jim Driscoll

He / she / it are now history. We will start to have to ban gmail addresses if this stuff keeps up.

Guest Grahame Myers

Man, those Nigerians certainly get about :-wave I wish I'd kept all the different versions of these scam mails that I've received over the years, you could publish them together to make an amusing book :-)regardsGrahame

"We will start to have to ban gmail addresses if this stuff keeps up"I thought anonymous email addresses are banned already? GMail has the same anonymity as yahoo, msn or hotmail. Regards,John

Can't rememebr, sorry. I did choose Delete which removed it but the reminder remains.Can you clear it please?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

15%
    $3,985.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now