• REX Simulations New Website


    Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

    REX Simulations Announces New website Launch Including Release Information on REX 5 Environment Force

    PHOENIX, AZ (Mar. 20, 2019) – REX Simulations, a leading provider of quality simulation technology product solutions, announced today the launch of its newly designed website at www.rexsimulations.com. The completely revamped website features a streamlined design which now houses all of REX Simulations’ offerings, instead of separating the brands into independent websites. 

     

    “We are thrilled to debut our new company website to our customers and visitors looking to better understand the scope of our products. This move should quickly help potential customers make well informed decisions about their simulator software needs,” said Tim Fuchs, Managing Partner. “Bringing our products back under one umbrella ensures less confusion between our products.”

     

    The REX Simulations new website will be regularly updated with news and information, which includes the upcoming release of the highly anticipated REX 5 Environment Force utility. Since debuting Environment Force at the 2018 FSExpo, there has been a growing legion of followers eager to learn more about this feature-rich, one-of-a-kind utility. “Environment Force really does change things in the environment playing field,” said Reed Stough, REX Game Studios Managing Partner. “This is truly the first time we have seen these kind of features in our genre, and we encourage all who want to learn more about this new utility to visit the product page on our new website .”

    • Like 2


      Report Article


    User Feedback




    They are far from a leader in the industry!  What false advertising!  They treat their customers very badly. I would never use their products!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    They simply can't help themselves, Mark.  Every release comes with the same rhetoric: "one-of-a-kind" and "first time we have seen these kind of features."  However, they ALWAY fail to deliver on their hyperbole marketing; to that end, it's disappointing to see them continue to dramatically overhype their software.  Until this changes, I'm not going to purchase their products either.     

    Edited by kingm56

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Mark Niebauer said:

    They are far from a leader in the industry!  What false advertising!  They treat their customers very badly. I would never use their products!

     

    1 hour ago, kingm56 said:

    They simply can't help themselves, Mark.  Every release comes with the same rhetoric: "one-of-a-kind" and "first time we have seen these kind of features."  However, they ALWAY fail to deliver on their hyperbole marketing; to that end, it's disappointing to see them continue to dramatically overhype their software.  Until this changes, I'm not going to purchase their products either.     

    Hopefully the truth of these comments will compel rex to finally do what they claim; until then, the hot air continues. 🤢🤮 

    All I can do is look forward to when I can be a rex customer again, its up to them.🧐

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, pracines said:

     

    Hopefully the truth of these comments will compel rex to finally do what they claim; until then, the hot air continues. 🤢🤮 

    All I can do is look forward to when I can be a rex customer again, its up to them.🧐

    You captured my sentiment perfectly, pracines.  For me, SkyForce on the heal of Airport HD was the last straw.  Concerning the latter, I'm still waiting for them to address the major airports; they gave us KSLC 2-years ago and just stopped.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I like the products I have bought over the years. I will probably get this one too. But I agree the way they describe their products is a bit dramatic. But hey that advertising lol

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I don't understand rex. nobody is asking for a new website or HD textures for default airports. I basically gave up on sim air anyways since I went about 4 years without simming only to come back and see they still have the project on "hold" lol why is it on hold? Nobody is asking for the things they keep apparently putting all their resources into regarding development. They could have a game changer with Sim Air that has the possibility of blowing all these other cookie cutter gimmicks out of the water. Yes Im talking about things like projectfly, vamSys, and sim buddy...I dont even know where to start on why you just cant get fully immersed in these places. Im sure it works for some but definitely not most. From the outside it doesnt look like Rex knows what they are doing on attacking a specific market. I have active sky already, Im not wasting money on skyforce but hey what do I know? Someone must be buying it so I guess they will continue to create revamped weather engines forever 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 hours ago, MrSpeaker said:

    But I agree the way they describe their products is a bit dramatic. But hey that advertising lol

    If dramatics or advertising with archaic cave paintings was the problem, I would have no issue. When the advertising and feature lists are NOT totally true, which has been a very bad habit of rex for almost a decade, then there is a serious problem. Not funny at all.

    Consumers paying for consistent empty promises is very foolish.👨‍🎓

    I wonder how much environment force will cost (compared to what we already have), and will it finally deliver smooth wx transitions? Yes the textures are likely to be great, but lets see if all the features are true.

    -- drum roll 🥁

    I will intend on returning to this conversation after seeing the reviews on how smooth the env force wx transitions are. I hope that rex finally gets it right. If not, will it be funny, once again, to have been deceived?

    -competition needs to be competition to be considered competition.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    17 hours ago, MrSpeaker said:

    I like the products I have bought over the years. I will probably get this one too. But I agree the way they describe their products is a bit dramatic. But hey that advertising lol

    This is not about the advertising so much as they do not support their customers, talk down to them and hardly ever respond to requests. Plus updates to problems take many many months with nothing bu excuses.  Im glad I ditched them along time ago. There are better products out there.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Starting in July of about 2018 we started providing our customers with a "Customer Care Survey" to give us feedback on our handling of support.  We received about 115 reports and here are the results:

    AVGREXCUSTOMERCARE.jpg

    This is based upon a rating 1 to 5.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 hours ago, pracines said:

    If dramatics or advertising with archaic cave paintings was the problem, I would have no issue. When the advertising and feature lists are NOT totally true, which has been a very bad habit of rex for almost a decade, then there is a serious problem. Not funny at all.

    Consumers paying for consistent empty promises is very foolish.👨‍🎓

    I wonder how much environment force will cost (compared to what we already have), and will it finally deliver smooth wx transitions? Yes the textures are likely to be great, but lets see if all the features are true.

    -- drum roll 🥁

    I will intend on returning to this conversation after seeing the reviews on how smooth the env force wx transitions are. I hope that rex finally gets it right. If not, will it be funny, once again, to have been deceived?

    -competition needs to be competition to be considered competition.

     

    I don't think you will be disappointed, but again you can please some of the people some of the time and others well it is what it is.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, rstough said:

    I don't think you will be disappointed, but again you can please some of the people some of the time and others well it is what it is.

    Reed,

    I truly hope you will succeed with this. 

    paul

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    39 minutes ago, pracines said:

    Reed,

    I truly hope you will succeed with this. 

    paul

    Thank you Paul. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Avid REX customer...thank you for trying to make our sim experience better and more enjoyable and realistic.

    BobM.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

    Avid REX customer...thank you for trying to make our sim experience better and more enjoyable and realistic.

    BobM.

    Thank you Bob.  Greatly appreciate your kind words.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 3/23/2019 at 12:42 PM, rstough said:

    Starting in July of about 2018 we started providing our customers with a "Customer Care Survey" to give us feedback on our handling of support.  We received about 115 reports and here are the results:

    AVGREXCUSTOMERCARE.jpg

    This is based upon a rating 1 to 5.

     

    Lost me as a customer forever and will never return.  Love the products by the other companies. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I just don't get how many times are we going to see the same word not allowed called something different? It all looks the same to me. Why do people even buy from them? I forgot about Simair, What a joke.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    What has happened to this community...in regard to some of these posts here.... This is just unbelievable talk about a company trying to improve our hobby, in the 35 years plus flight siming, is this how some have degraded their posts to petty put-downs and destructive opinions. Avsim what a shame but I guess when the door is open to an all you can eat free buffet...        

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 hours ago, yardreamer said:

    What has happened to this community...in regard to some of these posts here.... This is just unbelievable talk about a company trying to improve our hobby, in the 35 years plus flight siming, is this how some have degraded their posts to petty put-downs and destructive opinions. Avsim what a shame but I guess when the door is open to an all you can eat free buffet...        

    This is what Free Speech is all about!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Its free speech but its way over the top.. theyve made products that have made a big difference to my simming over the years.. sure the UI is a bit annoying and they have rehashed pretty much the same product several times but they have to make money to, so whatever. Never heard of them having terrible support tbh. Any evidence out there?

    This new product looks pretty cool, I think people should wait and see, dynamic changes would be cool, it is an absolute pain tweaking shaders, clearing down and restarting each time. You have to be pretty much GFX programmer to do it well. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    18 hours ago, dmncnpilot said:

    I just don't get how many times are we going to see the same word not allowed called something different? It all looks the same to me. Why do people even buy from them? I forgot about Simair, What a joke.

    I really am not sure what you are talking about in this post.  Maybe you can clarify.

    In regards to SIMAIR - I am don't know why so bitter.  It isn't like we took money from you and then stiffed you. I have more than forward about the status of the project. I really don't why it is so personal with some.  Believe me it is something our team wants to finish.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 hours ago, Mark Niebauer said:

    This is what Free Speech is all about!

    Mark it isn't really free speech. It is more spewing than giving constructive criticism. You just said we treat our  customers poorly - but no example as to how.

    I just remember you being upset on our forum about us taking a while to get the final update for WWA for P3D v4 done.  We communicated through that time it was going to take a while to complete.  We not only updated Worldwide Airports but also Texture Direct for FREE to all our customers.  Not sure how that is treating our customers bad.  Again I think it is more personal.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Just watched the video from the expo, those dynamic cloud creation effects look fantastic!  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    To your mind, what comments are appropriate for internet message board devoted to flight simulation?  Should comments be regulated to positive feedback only?  In my opinion, you’re post is extremely misguided and little naïve.  Concerning the latter, I will remind you that REX is a registered FOR PROFIT company; they’re only ‘trying to improve our hobby’ as a byproduct of earning a profit.  As such, consumers should feel free to express their dissatisfaction when REX’s fails to deliver.  IMO, AVSIM is the perfect venue for expressing said views as it provides a firewall to protect consumers from predatory sellers.  To be clear, I don’t view REX as such an entity; however, I do believe they have some integrity issues.  In fact, I suspect the vast majority of informed simmers will concur that REXs overstates their products capabilities, which is the impetus for negative comments every time a REX thread is generated.  You’ll note RealAir, A2A, QW, Majestic, HiFi, PMDG and others don’t illicit such negative responses; to that end, where there’s smoke there’s fire. 

    THANK YOU AVSIM FOR PROVIDING CONSUMERS WITH A VOICE

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    44 minutes ago, rstough said:

    Mark it isn't really free speech. It is more spewing than giving constructive criticism. You just said we treat our  customers poorly - but no example as to how.

    I just remember you being upset on our forum about us taking a while to get the final update for WWA for P3D v4 done.  We communicated through that time it was going to take a while to complete.  We not only updated Worldwide Airports but also Texture Direct for FREE to all our customers.  Not sure how that is treating our customers bad.  Again I think it is more personal.

    Mr Reed,

    I'll offer the following post (I wrote last year hoping you would respond) as a tangible example of how your hyperbole advertisement does not align with your products capabilities; if necessary, I could provide several more examples (Latitude is probably the best example); yet, I think this will suffice to showcase my frustration with the advertisement arm of your organization.  Plus, I typically do not critique products without tangible examples to reinforce my claims.  To be clear, I would expect ANY company to enthusiastically push their products; however, IMO, you have routinely misrepresented (unintentionally) your software capabilities. I have come away feeling 'cheated' from your last two releases; not because the products were bad, but because they failed to correlate to the description you fabricated.    

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Taken direct from your website last year:

    "Integrated within Sky Force 3D is a powerful and robust weather engine (used bold font on your website) that takes full advantage of all the new features to give the best experience of our new weather system. The IWX (Intelligent Weather) Engine focuses on two simple, but powerful things: Accurate Data and Accurate Experience, which sets the bar when it comes to data and experience in ONE integrated system."

    My questions are the following:  If your weather engine is as "powerful" as you tout, why is there is a need to use another engine?  Upon reading this description, do you really think its unreasonable for customers to believe we're getting the most accurate weather engine on the market? Does this sound like the weather engine isn't a "core" element of this product? Does it sound like you're advocating for the use of different weather engines?  Moreover, you state REX set the "bar when it comes to Accurate Data and Accurate Experience"  However, it appears the weather injected fails to correlate with reported METARs.  Concerning the latter claim (Accurate Experience), how does the abrupt climate changes correlate with this feature?  In all your hype, where do you mention SDK/simconnect limitations? Reviewing your advertisement page, I see phrases like "BREAKS THIS BARRIER," overcomes "constraints of the simulator SDK." In fact, here's a direct quote: "Even with costly similar (italicized on your website) aftermarket products installed, weather systems severely lack due to the constraints of the simulator SDK. SKY FORCE 3D BREAKS THIS BARRIER." I'm sorry, how are you making it clear that SF3D's weather engine is not a core feature of SkyForce 3D again? 

    Now we get the following explanation:

    "The abrupt updates are because we are using the standard simconnect process.  No way to smooth out without hooking the system memory.  We are working on Weather Force which will provide us a means to do much more.  It is not ready though so it will be coming later."

    So, we have to buy another product to ensure this "revolutionary" product works as advertised on YOUR webpage?  Where was that stated clearly, prior to release?  BTW, the requirement to buy a new application adds to the aggregate SF3D cost, which nullifies the assertion quoted above (e.g. your product is better and cheaper than competing products). [I believe this is now a free upgrade to SF3D...thank you for doing the right thing here!!]

    I'll close by saying I think SF3D is a solid, but hardly a "revolutionary" product that "breaks the barrier."  In short, like almost every other REX product, it doesn't live up the advertisement hyperbole littered throughout the manual and/or website.  To that point, I would not 'attack' (did someone really tell a poster 'good luck with their own weather engine') the overwhelming critical comments within this thread, as they're based on REX's performance to date (obviously doesn't apply to your textures, which are second to none).  I know my comments seem overly critical; however, I think they're justified based on the claims made regarding SF3D capabilities, coupled with my past experiences with REX products (e.g Latitude, WORLDWIDE AIRPORTS HD and Overdrive).  IMO, these product also failed to live up to the hype you helped generate.  To be fair, I'm only one customer; I know you have plenty of die-hard customers that love your work.  Therefore, speaking for myself only, you have some work to do earn my dollar back; then again, you could also 'wish me good luck on creating my own weather engine.'  Nevertheless, I wouldn't dismiss these critiques...

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I remember one time years back I was having an issue and turned out it was not even rex related in the end but I was tossing messages back and forth for about an hour or so and I believe it was you Reed. That helped me find the solution. Anyways I find the customer support top notch. I think your new product will be awesome. Won't hesitate to buy it 😊 love skyforce too btw. Use it everytime 😊

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now