Sign in to follow this  
makdrive

MH370 Satellite Data released

Nowadays the information flow in real time, where we saw happen in the WTC, which was shown on TV in USA, while it was shown here in Brazil.
Where MH370 believed the world would be like, a few hours, perhaps days, and the issue was being enlightened, but that did not happen, for disorganization, purposely or know God because the information did not arise and when arose were often given bad way .
Gave rise to all sorts of theory and remains unsolved shall be so.
But we must bear in mind that it is a new fact, and even clarify anything is possible until proven otherwise.
What we have is based on data obtained by satellites is the most logical, but at the moment can not be considered as final proof, the question in this open and there is much that defies logic.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

He said he saw whilst standing on deck at night!

The aeroplane went down in daylight!

Not quite.

She says she saw an aeroplane with an orange glow and black trail which she assumes was smoke. It passed her yacht in a north to south direction at night. She never says that she saw it crash.

The 777 has a history of fire in the MEC area.  That would definitely knock out critical systems, loss of both FMC's and potential lead  to them navigating at night blind trying to do a turn back over the ocean.

The only issue is how would they have kept flying for so long with a fire raging? especially one that can be seen externally.  Perhaps they had eventually managed to get some form of control over the fire.  

It should be noted that a fire in the MEC would give no crew warning on the EICAS.  It could initially slowly burn through wires, the only indication would be when systems start dropping offline.

I remember reading a  post regarding the possible outcome from a fire in the MEC area.

MEC fire damage
Loss of comms/acars
Dual FMC failure
Mulitiple system fail indications
Diversion initiated using Alternate Nav.
Flightdeck smoke-crew on 100% Oxygen
Possible slow depressurisation MEC structure fail- EICAS cabin altitude warning not observed, hidden amongst many others
Oxygen depletion or disruption in MEC
Unconciousness,
MEC fire out due FL350 ambient pressure.
Aircraft follows Alt Nav manually entered lat/long waypoints
Final waypoint is erroneously in S hemisphere. (Penang as S5 or S50)
Aircraft flies until fuel depletion.

Rob Prest

The 777 has a history of fire in the MEC area...

... fuel depletion.

Interesting post.  Thanks!

FSCamp is talking about a different type of risk.. What is the point of stealing a jet and hiding it when you can purchase your own?

And how on earth do you think anyone is going to get a 'Stolen 500T aircraft into US airspace without anyone noticing.  

9/11 has sent the conspiracy theorist wild... :rolleyes:  

Rob

Mate You can't win with unqualified enthusiasts or conspiracy theorists... you,and every other bugger with some actual experience  knows if someone wAnts to blow something up they will do it. 

I remember when I worked for a private jet company we used to run cargo into Africa paying off ever official going. It's not hard.

If someone wAnts to buy a jet fill it with sentex you not going to steal a 777 of a well know country like Malaysia... bloody spotters they drive me nuts sometime

14ppkc-6.png

The 777 has a history of fire in the MEC area.  That would definitely knock out critical systems, loss of both FMC's and potential lead  to them navigating at night blind trying to do a turn back over the ocean.

The only issue is how would they have kept flying for so long with a fire raging? especially one that can be seen externally.  Perhaps they had eventually managed to get some form of control over the fire.  

It should be noted that a fire in the MEC would give no crew warning on the EICAS.  It could initially slowly burn through wires, the only indication would be when systems start dropping offline.

I remember reading a  post regarding the possible outcome from a fire in the MEC area.

MEC fire damage

Loss of comms/acars

Dual FMC failure

Mulitiple system fail indications

Diversion initiated using Alternate Nav.

Flightdeck smoke-crew on 100% Oxygen

Possible slow depressurisation MEC structure fail- EICAS cabin altitude warning not observed, hidden amongst many others

Oxygen depletion or disruption in MEC

Unconciousness,

MEC fire out due FL350 ambient pressure.

Aircraft follows Alt Nav manually entered lat/long waypoints

Final waypoint is erroneously in S hemisphere. (Penang as S5 or S50)

Aircraft flies until fuel depletion.

Could you clarify what MEC area?

Sorry, most of the times I have to use a translator, taking the opportunity which means LOL?

João Alfredo

Apologies, it is the main equipment center below the flight deck.

http://www.aaib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cfm?file=/AAR%202-2009%20N786UA.pdf

Thanks for the info, the pictures are awesome.

Main Equipment Center-MEC, I believe I will not forget that.

Contactors, from now on I will be more careful with them.

João Alfredo

The multiple catastrophic failure scenario has been ruled out a long time ago. The plane in controlled flight deviated course, and continued in controlled flight through several course changes before loss of radar contact. That is completely inconsistent  with this theory. Whatever happened it was through deliberate action. That leaves Pilot suicide, so far there is nothing in either of the flight crew backgrounds to support that. Hijacking for the Passengers, unlikely as there would be some demands for their release by now. Hijacking to down the aircraft, Possible, but little evidence to support, since the located pings, have been ruled out as coming from the aircraft. All we have is the analysis of the Inmarsat data of the pings. to establish a search area. The conclusion of the North and South Arc was on the premise that their Atlantic Satellite (AOR) never established contact. There is just one problem. Looking at the data released it appears only the Indian Ocean Satellite (IOR) established contact. The problem is the Pacific Satellite (POR) does overlaps the suggested ARC area, so it too should have made connection, which according to the data, there is no eveidence it did. Unless, since the aircraft had already established contact with IOR it never attempted to contact AOR or POR. If that is the case, then that aircraft could have traveled anywhere within range of the IOR signal in any direction which extends into Africa (Which includes Yemen), as well as East into the Pacific.The other possibility is the worst, Hijack for the plane for a future attack, which can not be ruled out until the plane is found. Remember there were at least 2 people on that plane that we know of that were traveling on forged credentials, and if it did fly to Yemen, it fits the timeline of the satellite pings almost exactly.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Walk down to the beach, take a penny and throw it anywhere into the deep water as far as you can, good luck finding it. :huh:

The multiple catastrophic failure scenario has been ruled out a long time ago. The plane in controlled flight deviated course, and continued in controlled flight through several course changes before loss of radar contact. That is completely inconsistent  with this theory

Hi Tom,

Not quite sure where you got Catastrophic failure from? You are correct, it has been established that the aircraft was in control (Either Automated or manually) 

Electrical fire does not always mean complete loss of control of the aircraft, in the MEC  systems like ACARS/COMMS, both FMC's, flight displays would be effected.

Whilst not related to the 777 here are some examples of electrical fires & faults. 

• A321, en-route, Northern Sudan, 24 August 2010, an Airbus A321-200 operated by British Midland, loss of cockpit displays and un-commanded turns which vanished with de-selection of No.1 generator.
  • A319, London Heathrow, 15 March 2009, an Airbus A319-100 on pushback lost all cockpit displays and developed smoke.
  • Boeing 757-200, Chicago O’Hare IL USA, 22 September 2008, a Boeing 757-200 operated by American Airlines electrical fire http://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/B752,_Chicago_O%E2%80%99Hare_IL_USA,_2008_(HF_AW_RE_LOC)
  • Tupelov Tu-154 at Surgut on Jan 1st 2011, arcing caused by overload of generator bus relays.
  • McDonnall Douglas DC-9 operated by Air Canada, 2 June 1983, inflight fire actual electrical cause never identified. Knocked out cockpit instruments.
  • Boeing 787 fifth prototype test aircraft generator fire on approach to land at Laredo Texas 10 November 10, 2010 10:01am, knocked out cockpit displays and disabled autothrottle.
  • McDonnall Douglas DC-9 AirTran flight 913, 8 August 2000, inflight arcing of relay bus cables caused fire.
  •  

Rob Prest

I sincerely hope this aircraft is somewhere in a non-flyable (read that as completely destroyed) condition.

I'm somewhat befuddled by this comment.

I, for one, hope the aircraft by some miracle is still intact and as a result, all the passengers haven't perished.  

I'm somewhat befuddled by this comment.

I, for one, hope the aircraft by some miracle is still intact and as a result, all the passengers haven't perished.  

Sadly the idea that anyone is alive looks slim no matter what theory you go for. If it was a hijack, the fact that no one has claimed responsibility would suggest the passengers are not needed .

Rob Prest