Sign in to follow this  
anubhavs

Great iPad app for multi-screen setup

Folks,

Came across a great app for multi-screen display on iPad - http://www.duetdisplay.com/

Thought Id' share this - I had used AirDisplay before but FPS issues and lagging issues weren't great to deal with. With Duet, the iPad connects to the PC through the USB cable instead of wirelessly. No lag issues with this at all. I now I have my PFD and ND displays on my iPad enabling a semi-home cockpit setup...

P.S. I dont work for Duet nor am I affiliated with them!

Looks like a killer thing, going up for a test.

Interesting but might be a mess for resolution complatibility... 

I think I'd lean more towards the remote flight apps, to display gauges, radios and map...

Hi

Many thanks for the recommendation!

I wonder if anyone could help please? When I drag the FMC window accross to what is now a third monitor (iPad) all works with the mouse to click on LSK etc. however, the (iPad) touchscreen does not? Anyone have any tips?!

Installed on adesktop running W7 Pro

Cheers in advance :)

Russ Bailey

EGJB

Great app!

Connected iPad2 to desktop and voila! CDU was on its own third screen.

Pleasently surprised that touch worked!

Only issues are that if the mouse cursor is on another screen, it takes two taps for the CDU to react.

If the cursor is on the "CDU screen" then the cursor will "jump" (relocate) to the place where I touched the iPad screen.

Russ, I also run W7pro and unfortunately I am not sure what advice to give you on the touch. I connected the two devices and they worked.

Good luck!

Love my "independent" CDU

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Thats encouraging :)

Roberto are you using FSX or P3D and are you in windowed mode or full screen?

Russ Bailey

EGJB

Cool. It would be cool to have the PFD on the iPad while landing. Something to bring it more towards reality for those who can't afford to build sim cockpits.

Russ:

FSX and windowed.

I have a second monitor attached to the FSX PC and I have a second locally networked PC, that runs FSCommander via WideFS (my wife thinks that the second PC is only there to run email and Skype and I have never corrected her!!)

Good luck.

Let me know if there is anything I can check in my set up, that will help you, understanding that I am not the sharpest knive in the drawer, when it comes to programming and PC's.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Thanks Roberto for the help :)

I am using P3D (windowed) and still no joy being able to 'press' any buttons or switches undocked to the iPad?

I have a mouse cursor but no touchscreen interaction with the Sim. Maybe a P3D issue...?

Russ Bailey

EGJB

Thanks Roberto for the help :)

I am using P3D (windowed) and still no joy being able to 'press' any buttons or switches undocked to the iPad?

I have a mouse cursor but no touchscreen interaction with the Sim. Maybe a P3D issue...?

No, not a p3d issue. I use windows 8.1, 2 monitors and P3D 2.5. This app works great.

If you push the buttons of the FMC  the mouse switches to the Ipad. So the first time you have to push twice.

Nice find! Thanks for posting.

I have a problem though. I can't seem to get it working when I'm running FSX full screen.

The iPad shows my desktop perfectly but when I open up a window in FSX and try to drag it over to the second display (the iPad in this case), it doesn't show up. Just the mouse cursor.

Now when I switch to windowed mode in FSX the window I drag over shows perfectly.

Anyone know what might possibly be the problem?

I dont think it will work in fullscreen though..i loved this product..Tried it yesterday and dragged the PFD and ND in the ipad..put the ipad in front of the monitor..Now it gave much better and realistic way of doing approaches..than having to move my head up and down.i can quickly move my eyes and fly as the real ones do...

Hi

Just though I would post an update:

For me to get the touchscreen working I needed to set the iPad as 'Primary Display' I then dragged the taskbar to my main monitor. Voila the touchscreen now works when I undock the FMS :)

Great bit of software for a great price!

:rolleyes:

Russ Bailey

EGJB