A Few of the v2 Legacy

Been waiting a while to post these hehe 

24265669080_37acb24659_b.jpgleg2turbout2 by ryan b, on Flickr

24265668790_4b77a813e2_b.jpgleg2turbout3 by ryan b, on Flickr

24535033096_7bae1979c6_b.jpgdlh4 by ryan b, on Flickr

For those afraid of the magenta lol

24452891192_7879fa3ed7_b.jpgnogps1 by ryan b, on Flickr

24478903111_1022ed36ef_b.jpgmrycoast3 by ryan b, on Flickr

Old v1 3rd party paints still work! (Ron Attwood paint)

24535032296_dc75092b7f_b.jpgmp4 by ryan b, on Flickr

(Ron Attwood paint)

24561207045_e7d57cefbe_b.jpginsane6 by ryan b, on Flickr

Dimmable gauge lighting

24478904001_d5c7431283_b.jpgenrouteudd5 by ryan b, on Flickr

24265668120_a1502433e9_b.jpgpao7 by ryan b, on Flickr

(Ron Attwood)

24193440959_07eeb9916d_b.jpgredblack2 by ryan b, on Flickr

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Very nice. I added the Mexican Navy paint also.

At first, I thought maybe you were the beta tester/model for the pilot, but a closer look and I see he has a full head of hair. :wink:

Ray

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I think that's Rob - yeah my hair is going away by the minute.  My 7 mo old son has more hair HAHA!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I can't remember when I had hair, except on my back.

Ray

• Upvote 2

Although I spent too much money with end of year bargains and promised myself not to put more stress on my credit card for some while, this is not something I can resist for more than 2 hours. I am so coward.

Question: does v2 require to uninstall v1? And do third-party v1 liveries also work with the new version?

It's nice to know I won't have to repaint them. I'm not sure whether to get this or not. I'm teetering on the FSX/P3D fence at the moment and I'm sure as hell not buying them both!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Although I spent too much money with end of year bargains and promised myself not to put more stress on my credit card for some while, this is not something I can resist for more than 2 hours. I am so coward.

Question: does v2 require to uninstall v1? And do third-party v1 liveries also work with the new version?

You can have both V1 and V2 at the same time. You can also have all the different editions installed on the same PC, Steam, FSX boxed, P3D without interference. The v1 repaints work just fine on V2 just have to pay attention to the first two lines in the texture folders in the aircraft.cfg file.

Even old Ron Attwood's great repaints work great. Check out Ryan's screenshots just above your post.

title=RealAir Lancair Legacy V2 N2RM

sim=RASLegacyV2_Turbo

btw This is the best SEL add on I have ever seen in FSX/P3D. Head and shoulders above the prior best - something different for me, everything works, right out of the box (download). No waiting for the SP1, SP2, and where the heck is SP3 to fix the things they broke in SP2. No excuses for the AP, etc.

Regards,

Ray

It's nice to know I won't have to repaint them. I'm not sure whether to get this or not. I'm teetering on the FSX/P3D fence at the moment and I'm sure as hell not buying them both!

I certainly can understand the which sim or either (or none hehe).  I decided to go for P3D for now on because of VAS.  Since I have a lot (too many!) Orbx stuff, and they usually kill my VAS, I decided that LM did a nice job of optimizing P3D v3, and I will just stick with it so I can fly the addon combos I couldn't typically fly in FSX.  Example, Carenado recent releases with Weather from OPUS, REX4, Orbx scenery and airports.  I would get OOM's within the hour in FSX.  Now I can fly that setup fine in P3D.

Also I bought the F1 GTN 750 - and since I already had RXP530 in FSX, and I didn't want to purchase a separate license for use in FSX, I stuck with P3D.  So now I pretty much only buy planes that support GTN integration (or mods with Bert's help hehe).

When is realair releasing the new lancair.? Did i miss it?

Thankfully we can't miss software releases hehe... yes it is out:

http://www.realairsimulations.com/legacyv2/info.php?page=legacyv2_overview

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

When is realair releasing the new lancair.? Did i miss it?

We waited about half and hour for you to show up but, Rob decided since it was the weekend he would go ahead without you. So, yes, you did miss the opening ceremony, but that was just a few hours ago. Not too late for a 'first day purchase'. Look for the Legacy v2 and pick your sim.

Regards,

Ray

I guess some of the 3rd party paints need minor texture updates in the VC.  Like for instance on my N41VR paint - I changed the VC placard to the correct N number in v1.  The VC model was changed in v2 a bit for new gauges...  so I'll have to redo this for v2.  Not a big deal though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

You can have both V1 and V2 at the same time. You can also have all the different editions installed on the same PC, Steam, FSX boxed, P3D without interference. The v1 repaints work just fine on V2 just have to pay attention to the first two lines in the texture folders in the aircraft.cfg file.

Even old Ron Attwood's great repaints work great. Check out Ryan's screenshots just above your post.

title=RealAir Lancair Legacy V2 N2RM

sim=RASLegacyV2_Turbo

Thanks Ray,

while my wife was on the phone with her lawyer, I purchased and downloaded the v2 upgrade.

I confirm v2 is a separate installation and can live with v1 in principle, however, since I can't see much sense in having both versions together, I uninstalled v1.

I also confirm that all v1 liveries work fine. I have 18 now, including new ones, older for v1 (mainly by Ron) and other from third-party sites and all of them are loading flawless in FSX-SE.

Thanks Ray,

while my wife was on the phone with her lawyer, I purchased and downloaded the v2 upgrade.

I confirm v2 is a separate installation and can live with v1 in principle, however, since I can't see much sense in having both versions together, I uninstalled v1.

I also confirm that all v1 liveries work fine. I have 18 now, including new ones, older for v1 (mainly by Ron) and other from third-party sites and all of them are loading flawless in FSX-SE.

Excellent. I agree about no longer needed V1 taking up space.

Ray