Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Good ATC program possibly with voice activation (flyinsidefsx VR)?

With DWVAC you can raise the gear, set the flaps, everything

You can with voice attack as well.. its about $8 cheaper (or i guess with MCE voxkey)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

When it comes to VFR flights and voice ATC, there is really no beating MCE + Native ATC for the following reason.

Yeah that is my realisation as well after a lot of experimenting. VFR with the default ATC is very usable with MCE voice integration.

On the other hand, I had a lot of trouble getting MCE to trigger PF3 VFR phrases. Much more trouble than I have with the default ATC. Do you know why? Is it because there is less flexibility in how the phrases are spoken? I realise that VFR support in PF3 is pretty patchy.

Until PF3 really pick up their game with VFR, I don't hold a lot of hope other than to use the default ATC with voice.

I am finding that PF3 with MCE a really good combination with Flyinside. I want to do everything myself and by voice control. I have the GTN750 as a virtual window where I can set the frequency and PF3 opens a small FSUIPC window which shows the closed caption of the communication from ATC. I also have FS Captain FDU open as well. The GTN commands the autopilot not the G1000 in the aircraft.

For flight planning I have now switched to a purchased copy of FS Commander and wrote a simple Python script which converts the .pln from FS Commander into Lat/Lon user waypoints which can be directly imported into the GTN750. I do this because the GTN database is not an exact match for P3D and small airports simply don't exist. This works perfectly. The only downside is you can't click on the flight plan waypoints in the GTN to get additional information. So I go to the map and click directly there - if that makes sense.

I have switched to a Jabra Biz2400 headset which gives much better accuracy with voice recognition.

This setup means I don't have to use a keyboard hardly at all. However, I have mapped the gear, flaps, lights to the number pad keys on a keyboard in front of me. It didn't take too long to control these simple actions without peeking.

On the other hand, I had a lot of trouble getting MCE to trigger PF3 VFR phrases. Much more trouble than I have with the default ATC. Do you know why? Is it because there is less flexibility in how the phrases are spoken? I realise that VFR support in PF3 is pretty patchy.

There is a simple explanation.

Support for native ATC started from day one, more than a decade ago.

Support for RC4 started around 2011

Support for PFE about 2 or 3 years ago and now extended to PF3. It will be refined over time for sure.

Suggestions always welcome.

I can confirm that suggestions to MCE are welcome. I reported a missing phrase and it was added within hours and I was provided with a patch.

I reported a few problems with the PF3 interaction regarding VFR flights and they are currently working on a few gliches with VFR flights in PF3.

Great support.

For total control of your Flight Simulator using voice commands only....

M.C.E. with Radar Contact v4 (my opinion and my choice, since MCE interfaces extremely well with RC4) and use Vox Key. Vox Key either with the menu provided with MCE or use notepad. Practise with Vox Script there is nothing you can not do with it! Even add your own voice actors and run sound scripts. If you want to go for belt and braces, use Voice Attack to embellish some mouse macros in your 2d windows or "known" 3d window locations. You may think that's a bit excessive, but you need never touch the keyboard again!

It all runs outside FSX/P3d VAS.....and even gives you little on screen readout of your remaining VAS, after every voice command.

Throw in one to one support, with the programmer, a single payment for every supported add on aircraft, now supported or in the future (Bus pilots heads up!) and your there.

Do I like it....I guess you could say so!:-)

Best Regards

David

Question for those with pf3.. i have been trying the trial.. not completely having success either..  If i save a flight plan in P3D first.. then open pf3 and browse the flight plan, it crashes the program, says it cant open the file basically.. i've tried closing p3d first and opening it, same difference.

I've only just REstarted this search for the right voice driven ATC software.. this was my first try with that.

I guess with proatc x there isnt a demo to try for that one?

Either way at this point I do have MCE purchased.. i was also considering radar contact, but that hasnt been updated in ages and that part alone had me a bit concerned.

Back to the PF3.. so i guess any time you want to use the PF3 ATC you must already know where you are going and ending and have a flight plan saved.. for me at times, thats a bit of a nag, where i just wanted to be able to simulate talking to the tower to take off and hear it speak back etc (similar to vox or pilot2atc).. I was hoping there was away around pf3's requirement of this.. not sure if ProATC would have the same requirement.. 

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Question for those with pf3.. i have been trying the trial.. not completely having success either..  If i save a flight plan in P3D first.. then open pf3 and browse the flight plan, it crashes the program, says it cant open the file basically.. i've tried closing p3d first and opening it, same difference.

I've only just REstarted this search for the right voice driven ATC software.. this was my first try with that.

I guess with proatc x there isnt a demo to try for that one?

Either way at this point I do have MCE purchased.. i was also considering radar contact, but that hasnt been updated in ages and that part alone had me a bit concerned.

Back to the PF3.. so i guess any time you want to use the PF3 ATC you must already know where you are going and ending and have a flight plan saved.. for me at times, thats a bit of a nag, where i just wanted to be able to simulate talking to the tower to take off and hear it speak back etc (similar to vox or pilot2atc).. I was hoping there was away around pf3's requirement of this.. not sure if ProATC would have the same requirement.. 

I don't have problems with opening flightplans in PF3. Might be because of limitiations of the demo. You should report that on the PF3 support forum and they will help you out.

Yes you have to load up a flightplan everytime you use PF3. Seems realistic to me. If you want to get the best out of PF3 you need to perform a proper flightplanning before starting the flight.

If you don't want to make that effort (nothing wrong with that) you are probably better off with the default P3D ATC with the enhancements added by MCE for those flights.

If you open PF3 and it crashes, there is something wrong with your installation. Use Plan G ,which is free,  to make a quick flight plan and it imports directly into PF3 using the FS9 export. I can do a flight plan and load into PF3 in about 2 minutes at the most. I would post on the PF3 forum about your crashing problem. They always respond and very quickly. Best support I have seen for an add on. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310