Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Do you have a Nvidia PASCAL card? You need to try this...

Hi guys!

If you don't have a 30Hz capable monitor, you need to try.

Just discovered a level of smoothness that is incredible in P3D! 100% stutter or micro stutter free...and hope you test it and comment.

You need a Nvidia Series 10 card (PASCAL).

- Limit to 30.5 FPS in NI

- Put the Fast Sync option in Vsync in NI

- Unlimited FPS, Vsync and TB off in P3D.

No more, only max power in NCP. AM=85 for me.

I have my screen at 60Hz, but i think it can work at upper RR.

For me, this is the best combination and gives me a complete stutter or micro stutter free in P3D V3, is incredible!

Test and comment please...

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Why do I need a Pascal GPU for this?

Spirit

I think FastSync is a exclusive Pascal option.

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I think FastSync is a exclusive Pascal option.

I've a GTX 980 and have this option too!

Spirit

• Upvote 1

Spirit

So my bad. Thanks you! I'll edit the post.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Spirit

You will see it in Nvidia inspector, but Fast Sync is a Pascal exclusive feature. 

• Upvote 2

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

You will see it in Nvidia inspector, but Fast Sync is a Pascal exclusive feature. 

So is correct. Thanks you!

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Not sure fast sync is doing anything for you, its for when your gpu is running over the speed of your monitors refresh, it drops frames so you get an effective frame cap without the lag associated with vsync at the cap. dont think theres any difference with normal vsync below the monitors refresh rate.

oh and 

Fast Sync is supported on Pascal and Maxwell GPUs including the Geforce GTX 1080 and GeForce GTX 1070 and GeForce GTX 1060.  Users can enable Fast Sync globally or on a per game basis through the NVIDIA Control Panel.  Simply navigate to the Manage 3D settings section and enable Fast Sync through the Vertial sync drop down.  

works on maxwell.

• Upvote 1

Hi guys!

If you don't have a 30Hz capable monitor, you need to try.

Just discovered a level of smoothness that is incredible in P3D! 100% stutter or micro stutter free...and hope you test it and comment.

You need a Nvidia Series 10 card (PASCAL).

- Limit to 30.5 FPS in NI

- Put the Fast Sync option in Vsync in NI

- Unlimited FPS, Vsync and TB off in P3D.

No more, only max power in NCP. AM=85 for me.

I have my screen at 60Hz, but i think it can work at upper RR.

For me, this is the best combination and gives me a complete stutter or micro stutter free in P3D V3, is incredible!

Test and comment please...

I dont find Fastsync in NI. I have GTX 1080...

you can select it in the nv control panel. under vertical sync, select 'fast'

but then don't as like i said, don't think there's a difference unless you get over your monitors refresh ;)

• Upvote 1

My experience is that the DXTory limiter gives a more constant framerate than the NVI limiter....

But that was before Fast Sync was added.

Regarding Fast Sync :

"On 17-5-2016 at 8:24 PM, Maudima said:

In which scenarios is Fast Sync beneficial? Is this a new type of triple buffering?

this is beneficial to games that render at higher framerate than your monitor and you want as low latency as you get but you don't want tearing

VSync ON gets rid of tearing but adds latency

VSync OFF gets rid of the latency problem but adds tearing

the middle ground is FastSync - adds some latency for no tearing."

Reading the above it seams to me that Fast Sync + Limiter is not the right combo..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

That's not correct and one can see and change it in nVidia Control Panel too. I tried it and it works also with my GTX 980.

Spirit

Sounds interesting.. sure hope Rob can provide some input as everyone else seems to disagree with ... well, everyone else 

WAT1460.png

So is placebo? I had a very smooth sim putring Vsync at App Controled, 30.5FPS in NI and 31 in P3D. But tested with FastSync, 30.5 in NI and Unlimited in P3D and i think is more smooth.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

placebo or not, if you think it works, then it works!

My experience is that the DXTory limiter gives a more constant framerate than the NVI limiter....
But that was before Fast Sync was added.

Regarding Fast Sync :
"On 17-5-2016 at 8:24 PM, Maudima said:
In which scenarios is Fast Sync beneficial? Is this a new type of triple buffering?

this is beneficial to games that render at higher framerate than your monitor and you want as low latency as you get but you don't want tearing
VSync ON gets rid of tearing but adds latency
VSync OFF gets rid of the latency problem but adds tearing
the middle ground is FastSync - adds some latency for no tearing."

Reading the above it seams to me that Fast Sync + Limiter is not the right combo..

fast sync and vsync (i think) should have the same latency below the refresh rate of your display. and it certainly wont be noticeable in p3d.