Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26JUL12 - PMDG 777 for FSX: Let the previews begin!

PMDG is just a heavens gift, what they doing for us flight sim pilots is just crazy, cant wait to fly the 777 after the NGX ...a big future is coming thank you PMDG GUYS!

NOTE: These previews are of an in development product that is still be adapted, tweaked and adjusted...

A big thank you for the update - can't wait. ( now crosses fingers hoping for some DC-6 preview shots)

Actually, I am a little bit disappointed. I don't want to sound ungrateful, I do appreciate the effort you are investing into such a project and offering it us at a reasonable price.

Nevertheless, I think you should have painted the aircraft in Ultra HD textures and also every other paint for this aircraft should be painted in HD..

It seems as if PMDG is 'exploiting' all modern modelling techniques but when it comes to painting they seem to be trapped in the 1990's...sorry to say that but, Standard Definition is so Old school.

Cheers,

Ensar

Ensar-

This is one of those moments where I'm pretty convinced *you* have no clue what you are talking about, because I have no clue what you are talking about. The resolution of textures being used on this airplane is massive... as it was with the NGX... And there is no such thing as "ultra HD." Something is either HD or standard resolution- and neither of those terms has an actual ANSI standard when applied to the FS community as it does to say, TV, movies and digital media...

Gents

Ryan and I have removed a half dozen posts from this thread because they are unsigned.... We are going to start handing out 7 and 14 day forum time-outs for those who cannot remember to sign their posts.. No warnings... (sorry- but after fifteen years of it- you have to remember okay?!)

"Aceridgey" Your post got nuked because your signature line contains plenty of fluff- but not a name. That being said- I think your comment merits a bit of research by Jason- but I think he is going to find that the lighting source in our images is vastly different than that in your chosen image. It will be looked at and may or may not be adjusted based on our opinion... (We have about 1800 images of our source airplane- and they match JB's coloration pretty darn closely when pointed into the sun...) Thank you for your opinion- it has been noted.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

The textures are 4096 resolution, just like the NGX was - this is as high as you can go in the FSX engine. If you're talking about painting the aircraft with unrealistically exaggerated seams and rivets and making it look like it has ice or plastic wrap over it, we're not going to do that - that isn't how real airplanes look, especially not a modern one like this where every effort has been made to reduce drag from said seams and rivets. The textures are sourced from very high resolution photos of the real airplane that we took. Not sure what else you want...

Btw - here is a shot of a very popular FS2000 and 2002 addon. I don't think you remember what "1990s" actually looked like - it was even lower resolution than this:

8r.jpg

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Gents-

Ryan remembers the 90's all too well. The textures were low res- and he had big hair...

:ph34r:

Let me begin by saying that the following is not a criticism of the PMDG product whatsoever, merely an observation of the Boeing product. So... am I the only person who looks at the B777 and thinks, "gee, those landing lights in the wing near the fuselage look really small compared to, say, the B747!". Just look at a B747 and then a B777 and you'll see what I mean. Might be because the B777 has only one landing light per wing (that I can see)???

Beautiful work Jason and all! Looking forward to the 'office' screenies. Eagerly awaiting the DC-6 too! B)

I think the main landing need some more detail on 3d side and on texture side pmdg_777LR_MLG.jpg,

But I imagine you are still working on it.

Just IMHO

on airliners /photo/V-Australia/Boeing-777-3ZG-ER/1503647/L/&sid=60f8a323d3320d8836c614f4baf2fe7b

Gents-

I can't give you much detail here- because it is something that you haven't seen done yet in FSX... however...

We just had a breakthrough on something that is a huge technology advance for simmers who wish to fly the 777...

Can't tell you what it is yet- but we will show it to you in a video- and I think you will be quite excited.

I just had to tell someone. B)

Gents-

I can't give you much detail here- because it is something that you haven't seen done yet in FSX... however...

We just had a breakthrough on something that is a huge technology advance for simmers who wish to fly the 777...

Can't tell you what it is yet- but we will show it to you in a video- and I think you will be quite excited.

Hmm, you've got me thinking now (never a good thing past 11pm).

Is it specific to the T7, or present in other airliners as well? :smile:

Gents-

Grrrr Robert! (Taking a breather before i continue. Collect my thoughts. Calming myself down)

Edit: WXR? Ahahahahahah let me run away from the firing squad!