Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

F33A Bonanza by Carenado

Does anyone still use it. I dug it out recently and it stands up pretty well concidering how A2A has changed all the rules!

I was taken by this German registered 1974 vintage aircraft:

debnoreal.jpg

So I did a paint for it:

debno1.jpg

debno2.jpg

debno3.jpg

It's on AVSIM awaiting take off clearance.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I still use it! Thanks a lot, Ron. Always appreciate your excellent repaints (and I've got a lot of them).

John

It's a fine machine. It is important to get the B. Stolle FDE and mods from Bert. 

Good looking paint!

I fly my C-BERT registration regularly...  equipped with RXP FLT and FLN gauges, and a brand new F1 GTN650 in the panel.

Great airplane (in real life and in FSX!)

:smile:

Bert

It's a fine machine. It is important to get the B. Stolle FDE and mods from Bert. 

If you do download it, that is mentioned in the README. :good:

Very nice, Ron. I have this but aircraft but haven't used it yet - your paint will be a prompt to get it up and running. Thanks!

I've had this plane for years and never knew Brent did an FDE for it. Off to find it.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Outstanding shots and dress Ron!

How I wish you had this for the Carenado V35B! Just might pick up the F33 for this paint. She sure looks great.

I've never quite understood the liking for the V-Tail Bonanza. Not only did it look wrong, (in my eyes) there have been many in depth discussions on their stability. But what do I know?

I've got Carenado's V35B, but whether I'll reinstall it.....

I've never quite understood the liking for the V-Tail Bonanza....

You're just not old enough Ron. :smile:  All a matter of perspective I suppose, But, I remember when it was the fastest, and most luxurious single engine plane on the ramp.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

I've never quite understood the liking for the V-Tail Bonanza. Not only did it look wrong, (in my eyes) there have been many in depth discussions on their stability. But what do I know?

I've got Carenado's V35B, but whether I'll reinstall it.....

The "V" tail was a fantastic design by all measures, except yaw. The yaw without the Yaw Damp was really only an issue when turbulence started up. When Beech and other manufacturers started adding the Yaw Damper, she was a dream to fly. The V35B was one of the first single engine aircraft I flew a million years ago, and what a pleasure. Just a little under 600 hours flying the "V" tail.

She was fast and luxurious by all accounts. Coupled with the outstanding Continental IO-520, which was bulletproof. She was a favorite with a special group following.

Having flown the F33 for a good many hours, I would take the V35 over the F33 any day. Except when the Yaw Damp is inop with passengers in turbulence.

I love flying Carenado's V35B. They did a great job with the sim model. Need to get the F33, though.

Ron, next time you look at the V35, drink a quarter bottle of 26 year old rum, cross you eyes a bit, bend over 180 degrees and look at her from between your legs, and she will REALLY look a lot better!

Nice paint job Ron!

I was flying the F33 just last night - really lovely aircraft.

But my old KAP autopilot has failed, so I've had her in the avionics shop, and had this nice new Brittain BSB system fitted.   Works a treat.  :)

2015-111.jpg

2015-112.jpg

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

The "V" tail was a fantastic design by all measures, except yaw. The yaw without the Yaw Damp was really only an issue when turbulence started up. When Beech and other manufacturers started adding the Yaw Damper, she was a dream to fly. The V35B was one of the first single engine aircraft I flew a million years ago, and what a pleasure. Just a little under 600 hours flying the "V" tail.

She was fast and luxurious by all accounts. Coupled with the outstanding Continental IO-520, which was bulletproof. She was a favorite with a special group following.

Having flown the F33 for a good many hours, I would take the V35 over the F33 any day. Except when the Yaw Damp is inop with passengers in turbulence.

I love flying Carenado's V35B. They did a great job with the sim model. Need to get the F33, though.

Ron, next time you look at the V35, drink a quarter bottle of 26 year old rum, cross you eyes a bit, bend over 180 degrees and look at her from between your legs, and she will REALLY look a lot better!

I agree.  That airplane with the "V" tail was a dream to fly.  It had controls that felt like they were built by a watchmaker and jeweled.  And I actually enjoyed the yaw in light chop.  It was kind of a gentle Dutch Roll effect and never excessive.   It was my favorite single engine airplane. 

Take care,

Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument