Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Aerosoft Airbus For FSX

How does Aerosoft Airbus 320/21 318/319 stack up against Just Flights package and the old PSS.

Are they comparable to IFly 737 and PMDG 737NG in terms of texture quality, accurate modeling of FD's and general operational flow.

Thank you

Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

I don't own the Just Flight Airbus, but since their approach is normally a simplified one, I'd say the AS Airbus is quite a different from that one.

In terms of visual quality, I'd say that it is close to PMDG - but an Airbus cockpit is simply a lot less "exciting" than a Boeing cockpit, so it might look a bit dull. Also, I'd say that in terms of systems modelling, Aerosoft is perhaps relatively close to iFly (definitely not PMDG!), although they're not quite there.

But to be fair, they never claimed it to be a full system simulation -  it was always meant to be a simulation of only the pilot's normal workload, and they did a great job with that IMO!

I don't own the Just Flight Airbus, but since their approach is normally a simplified one, I'd say the AS Airbus is quite a different from that one.

In terms of visual quality, I'd say that it is close to PMDG - but an Airbus cockpit is simply a lot less "exciting" than a Boeing cockpit, so it might look a bit dull. Also, I'd say that in terms of systems modelling, Aerosoft is perhaps relatively close to iFly (definitely not PMDG!), although they're not quite there.

But to be fair, they never claimed it to be a full system simulation -  it was always meant to be a simulation of only the pilot's normal workload, and they did a great job with that IMO!

I'd say that the above comment is completely fair and accurate.

The only thing I'll add is  that Airbus logic is nearly completely opposite than  that of Boeing (most correctly touched on in the above post) and it takes a little while (and some real study) for a Boeing guy to truly appreciate the Airbus philosophy how much of it Aerosoft modeled,  Without understanding that, it would liklety pass you by,

Not yet a study level sim, but certainly an excellent model - highly recommended.

CAVEAT:  For full disclosure, I must tell you that I'm an Aerosoft Beta Tester for the A320 and A330.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hello

I own AS X products, and I am perfectly satisfied with tem. They are not as complex as a PMDG plane or Project Tupolev T154, but will give you a decent amount of fun and to learn.

On a different note, does anyone know how to switch off the F/O displays on the Airbus X?

Thanks

TCS

it bugs me you can only use one FMC. You cant display wx on one ND and terrain on the other. And you cannot change from kgs to lbs for displayed weights. I hope they add these features sometime and to the upcoming A330 series. But they are very hostile when you bring up these points as I did in the past and it turned me off to their attitude and I have not purchased the Airbus series.

If you're considering learning to fly an Airbus A320 from the captain's perspective, the Aerosoft A320 will not disappoint you.  It's not a light simulation, a la QualityWings. Like Florian said, it's "a simulation of only the pilot's normal workload."  I waited until it was on sale, and haven't regretted the purchase.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

they are very hostile when you bring up these points

Not really. Nobody at Aerosoft is hostile to any idea, unless the answer is stated as 'no' and folks keep asking and asking.

Try the same in the PDMG forum and I guess it will turn out to be rather a rule than an exception.

And I don't mean just you, but people in general. Both the questions of kg/lbs and independent displays were asked more times than I could count.

Only 'when is it released' and 'will it have wing flex' would have been more frequent. :wink:

Hello

I own AS X products, and I am perfectly satisfied with tem. They are not as complex as a PMDG plane or Project Tupolev T154, but will give you a decent amount of fun and to learn.

On a different note, does anyone know how to switch off the F/O displays on the Airbus X?

Thanks

TCS

if you get the chance, try the A320 series.  It's a HUGE step up from the Airbus X.

The A330 will include even more things (I can't say more than has already been released in the Aeorosoft A330 forum), and the plan is to backfit the A320 series with the additional options the A330 will have.  Not that the A320 isn't terrific as it is, it will just be even better.

By the way, the A320 series (A318/A319/A320/A321) are all Shared Cockcpit (Aerosoft calls it Connected Flight Deck).  The A330 will also have Connected Flight Deck (CFD).

For more info on this, please take a look at the Aerosoft A330 Preview Forum (no sense in writing about this in two places).

Happy Flights you Guys!  See ya in the Skies of VATSIM!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks everyone.

I am familiar with Airbus vs Boeing.

I have the PSS software on my system but it is looking old. I also have flown jumpseat on NWA/DL 319/320 and 330.

I will likely buy the AS 320/21 package and wait for the 330.

Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

The A330 will include even more things (I can't say more than has already been released in the Aeorosoft A330 forum), and the plan is to backfit the A320 series with the additional options the A330 will have. Not that the A320 isn't terrific as it is, it will just be even better.

I don't follow Airbus at all but what would the A330 be comparible to in the Boeing line, a 767 or 777?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Used to be A330 versus B767 and A340 versus B777, though the A330 came quite a bit later than 767 and was much heavier. B777 was again heavier.

Also the Aerosoft bus was nice enough for what it claimed to do, as in most of normal operations save for relatively minor inaccuracies. For something that goes into study-level, one had to wait for that other upcoming bus.

The aerosoft airbus is fine. I am quite easily do a 4 sector day in it without any issues. I'm happy with it

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Which package people recommend getting first? the 318/19 or 320/21.. Seems that the 320/21 has more repaints

Cheers :)

N.-

The aerosoft airbus is fine. I am quite easily do a 4 sector day in it without any issues. I'm happy with it

Absolutely.  It is easily one of the best sim planes on the market, especially for the price.

Which package people recommend getting first? the 318/19 or 320/21.. Seems that the 320/21 has more repaints

I would buy the bundle, especially if it is on sale.  The price for the bundle is just incrementally more than the separate 318/319 and 320/321 products.

I would buy the bundle, especially if it is on sale.  The price for the bundle is just incrementally more than the separate 318/319 and 320/321 products.

I know, but sadly I can only buy one of the two this Christmas :sad: If i decide to. I'm also looking for the VA, which is the most common used.

Cheers :)

N.-