Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.3.3 Released

Has anyone had any problems with UK2000 and ORBX?

My ground textures at airports are not showing up correctly.

Yes,I have Uk2000 Gatwick. Same problem that ground textures not showing properly. Have gone back to P3D v3.2 for now and hope to see a fix for this.

Tony, have you updated only the Client? It might be worth a try also to update Content.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

At the LM forum multiple people are posting about high VAS usage, OOMs and blurries...

Before updating , have you Fs flyers, tried the new version with flights from and to addon airports and what are your experiences ?

No problems at all with VAS, but some airports flicker very much at night (whole runway, markings, etc), namely LTBA from Taxi2Gate and LPFR from Aerosoft. EDDF, as an example, is perfect.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

No problems at all with VAS, but some airports flicker very much at night (whole runway, markings, etc), namely LTBA from Taxi2Gate and LPFR from Aerosoft. EDDF, as an example, is perfect.

If using EZDOK, someone suggested that it might help to change clipmode=minimum to clipmode=normal for the VC camera in cameras.cfg

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

There is more info on it in the Learning Center. chm file ... but idea is for 3rd party devs to enhance their methods of installing such that it can be easier to enable/disable their content.  It'll take time for 3rd party (if they so decide) to update to this new method and it's NOT required, but it is a nice to have from end user perspective.

For existing 3rd party installs one might actually be able to "retro-fit" with some manual editing/creation of files.

I must of missed that bit when i read it  :blush:   Thanks Rob,  Sounds promising 

Hi guys,

I have updated to v3.3 with the new client and content updates however my uk2000 scenery is not showing properly does anyone have the client and content for v3.2 to enable me to revert back I have not made a copy

I have updated to v3.3 with the new client and content updates however my uk2000 scenery is not showing properly does anyone have the client and content for v3.2 to enable me to revert back I have not made a copy

Do you have the "Common Library" Installed for the Uk2000 Airports?  If so it should be situated underneath all other UK2000 Airports. 

Do you have Orbx Global Installed?  When you run a Content Update, it will revert your Autogen files back to Default.  Go to your FTX control panel,  Pick a region and Click Apply,  That will sort the Autogen files out 

There's a serious issue with UK2000 (among others) airports. It seems the 3.3.3 z-bias fix ruined them.

Apparently they've been built using an old SDK (correct me if i'm wrong) which is causing these problems now.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Did you try clean install of P3Dv3.3? I'm curious if people have the same problems updating P3D and making clean install. I see Simmers have problems with UK2000, Flytampa (oh no!), flickering night textures, OOM's and many more. Yesterday I uninstalled everything to install 3.3 version but now - after reading some forums - I don't know what to do. It's possible that LM will release new subversion that fixes some issues but we don't know when :-/

Adrian

A clean install won't do anything. The code is new, the shaders are new and the cache was cleared.

Reverting to 3.2 fixed all the issues. I can reproduce with my test system also, so it seems to be an actual issue with 3.3.3.

Seriously, if you don't want problems, particularly with your UK2000 scenery, do not update to P3D v3.3.3 for now until there is a resolution.

• Upvote 1

Here it is out of the Learning Center. It is indeed what you thought it was.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advanced Settings

These are advanced properties that can be adjusted inside the weather section of the Prepar3D configuration file found in %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.cfg

CLOUD_FACING_MODE
Cloud Facing Modes

The cloud facing mode setting changes the behaviour of how the clouds face. The valid values for this setting are 0 and 1.

• Mode 0: Camera facing far away, screen facing up close.
  • Mode 1: Always camera facing. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks! I will give that a try when I install v3.3!

Does anyone have any good news regarding this latest version?

From what i can see there is no benefit whatsoever to upgrading.

I appreciate LM only need to update their product but come on who runs a complete vanilla version of any sim. I'm sure when beta testing they could at least try testing with some of the usual addons, ASN, EZDOK, some sceneries.

Seriously, if you don't want problems, particularly with your UK2000 scenery, do not update to P3D v3.3.3 for now until there is a resolution.

I hope that with version 3.3.3, it is not the end of compatibilty with older FSX sceneries. For me it would be the end of the road with P3D. I hope there is an easy fix, but I doubt it.

Regards,

Chris

--

Where is FSUIPC 4.955e located? According Pete it is in Subforum Download link???I can't find it.

There's no 4.955e. The current release is 4.955.

The FSUIPC Support Forum has several "subforums", one of which is called "Download Links". If you don't see the subforums, above the main support forum, there's something wrong with your browser.

No, not updated as frequently. Users should go here

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

The Schiratti site always carries links to the same main (Installer) version as that found on the "updated modules" thread in my Forum. It is only the text on the Schiratti page which takes longer to update, because it isn't my page and i have to wait for Mr. Schiratti to update it.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen