Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.3.3 Released

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Any idea what changed?  First look on their site, didn't see a list.

Nothing posted in their forums.

Thanks Popppet, you'r a good girl.  :smile:

Kind regards, Michael

9.8 gigs. Oh my. I guess I will go have lunch then paint the house. 

No hints anywhere about the content? There must have been some chatter on their forum wouldn't you think?

Bob

For those who will be doing a complete uninstall, please delete the following folders after the uninstall:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 (or the modified install location)
  • %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
  • %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
  • %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
  • %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files

Bob

Hi,

The Professional Plus has multi-channel. SWEET, wonder if we need more than one license to run seven computers.

You would think that they would have the ready. Cart b4 the horse.

Could someone be so kind as to remind me (point to a pinned post perhaps) what the process will be if you only want to update the Client App?

Just uninstall through Windows Program/App manager and then reinstall Client only?

SWEET, wonder if we need more than one license to run seven computers.

My understanding is that you DO NOT need more licences, but you will need Pro Plus version.

Key new items are:

1.  Multi-Channel support (for those of us using multiple monitors and PCs this will be a huge benefit to performance) - Pro Plus only.

2.  New Add-On process, for 3rd party that embrace this new Add-On process it will make it much easier to enable/disable add-ons (no more manual editing of DLL.XML, EXE.XML, etc.)

3.  Fixed several bugs, texture flickering issues, etc. 

4.  Optimized cloud performance "a little"

5.  A lot more work done on Sim Director

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: as usual, best to wait for those 3rd party providers (FSUIPC, Orbx ObjectFlow, Virtuali, ASN, F1 GTN 750, REX Weather Radar, etc. etc.) that have a version specific reliance to get their product V3.3 aware.

And yes development continues for the next version of P3D.

• Upvote 4

My understanding is that you DO NOT need more licences, but you will need Pro Plus version.

Key new items are:

1.  Multi-Channel support (for those of us using multiple monitors and PCs this will be a huge benefit to performance) - Pro Plus only.

2.  New Add-On process, for 3rd party that embrace this new Add-On process it will make it much easier to enable/disable add-ons (no more manual editing of DLL.XML, EXE.XML, etc.)

3.  Fixed several bugs, texture flickering issues, etc. 

4.  Optimized cloud performance "a little"

5.  A lot more work done on Sim Director

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks, Rob!

Appreciate the updates from you!  :smile:

GTN 750 gauges not compatible. :fool:

Edit: Just seen your post Rob. No problem.

EDIT: as usual, best to wait for those 3rd party providers (FSUIPC, Orbx ObjectFlow, Virtuali, ASN, F1 GTN 750, REX Weather Radar, etc. etc.) that have a version specific reliance to get their product V3.3 aware.

It's the same as prior P3D versions, any vendor (like GTN 750 folks) that has a reliance outside the standard P3D SDK process, they will need to update their products for the new version.  Fortunately most of these vendors have been VERY quick (some even before official release) to get their products updated.

Cheers, Rob.

It's the same as prior P3D versions, any vendor (like GTN 750 folks) that has a reliance outside the standard P3D SDK process, they will need to update their products for the new version.  Fortunately most of these vendors have been VERY quick (some even before official release) to get their products updated.

Cheers, Rob.

The same process for installing Client, Content, Scenery.msi's separatedly?

Cheers,

Ed

Well the OrbX forums are down, which is very timely...

Going to hold off installing this for a while.

Doesn't seem to contain any major fixes, although they mentioned improved cloud rendering performance. There's also a fix for the Z-fighting issue that happens at some airports like OrbX KSQL.

It's the same as prior P3D versions, any vendor (like GTN 750 folks) that has a reliance outside the standard P3D SDK process, they will need to update their products for the new version. Fortunately most of these vendors have been VERY quick (some even before official release) to get their products updated.

Cheers, Rob.

So now, when we buy products for P3D...do we need to look for P3D3.3.3 compatible???  I'm a little scared to apply this update since I don't know what, besides the GTNs, will break.  The good news is that I only have 5 or so airplanes in this build but...EZCA, GSX, FSUIPC and a bunch of airports.

Any minute now Bobsky will come in here and start complaining lol

• Upvote 3

Thank you Elaine and Rob for the heads up and the info...

This one seems like only the Client installer will be needed for most.

Greg

So now, when we buy products for P3D...do we need to look for P3D3.3.3 compatible???  I'm a little scared to apply this update since I don't know what, besides the GTNs, will break.  The good news is that I only have 5 or so airplanes in this build but...EZCA, GSX, FSUIPC and a bunch of airports.

Anyone who advertises "Prepar3D v3" compatibility is pretty much committed for the entire v3 lifecycle although in theory they could stop supporting their product at v3.2 or something.. They wouldn't keep many customers, though.

Also this only affects add-ons that mess with things outside of the SDK. Long-term, I hope LM can extend the SDK so that "hacks" like hooking into specific memory addresses etc. can be eliminated.

• Upvote 1

Long-term, I hope LM can extend the SDK so that fewer "hacks" like hooking into specific memory addresses etc. can be eliminated.

That will be cool indeed. 

• Upvote 1

Don't see any compelling reason to update at the moment, i think perhaps i'll wait a few weeks.

• Upvote 1