Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

PMDG 744 has no wing views...

>Ryan I'd do away with the cabin in order to have the wings>viewable. Especially the effect of bouncing in turbulence.>There's no excuse having that feature in the external model>and no wing at all in the VC. I don't care how little you see>(judging from the pic above), it's unrealistic to look back>there and see nothing... :-erks >>This is something that's just wrong in a 747-400>simulation...> Maybe you should LOOK at the picture mats posted and say that again. THERE ARE NO WING VIEWS ON A REAL 747! If anything you can ONLY SEE THE TIP. Now, if you want to complain about that then at least you would have a leg to stand on but this constant whining about wing viwes in every forum is getting OLD.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Would be cool if we could have an option like the LDS 767 to not have a VC and instead have wing views.

You'd have to ask Vin for sure, but I'm pretty sure the wings would take up a lot more polys than what exist in the cabin, meaning even taking that out would not allow the wings to be there and still be under the poly limit.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

what do you mean by poly limit anyway? i thought you could throw as many polys into a model as you want :) or is it a fs9 limitation.

Gents,Let me put this topic to rest.The decision not to include wing views is not a result of a polygon issue. While FS9 does have poly limits for aircraft, the PMDG 747 does not even get close.Without getting into any technical details about the design process, let it suffice to say that it was not possible to include both animated wing views, and the high level of detail that is included in the VC.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Daniel Pimentel

If I am not mistaken (and I may very well be, I'm no designer), the FS design limit is around 60,000 polygons. You could happily go past that in GMAX, but it won't export.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

I love the aircraft that PMDG has created but I am shocked at the omission of wing views.Personally I never use the VC so I am disappointed that there are animated cola cans and books while the 2nd most important view, in my opinion, has been omitted.If its a frame hit then make it a selectable option like the VC, and if there arent any polygons, well im sorry the coke cans and animated arm rests can be sacrificed.Overall apart from some light bugs Ive discovered in 20 hours of flight, I am amazed at the 744, but without the 2D wingviews my flying "experience" has been significantly compromised.Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest Robin.B

Wait, I am puzzled here. PMDG officially state that there are no wingviews, but people with Walk and Follow can comfortably see them? :-O I better invest in Walk and Follow then...:-hmmm

>include both animated wing views, and the high level of detail>that is included in the VC.>And I rather take the latter anyday ;)Michael J.

I've me a break guys. You have to be kidding me. It's not acceptable because it doesn't have wingviews? What a joke, I could care less about wing views.-Scott