Sign in to follow this  
Guest btclarke

PMDG MD11

I have been waiting for this bird since i saw it announced for the first time for more than 2 1/2 years ago. I just wonder will it ever become real or do i just have to wait for another 2 1/2 years.

Anders Pedersen

Here we go again...... Rob Prest

Rob Prest

Oddly enough, they'd like it to work as it ought to before they release it- persnickity people these PMDG lot- it will be ready when its ready. In the meanwhile, there are tonnes of variables on the 400 and 400F to explore (failures etc.). The 737 as well if that's your cuppa.I too am waiting, have my copy of FSX Deluxe (as yet unopened) and will only install when the 400x is released, and I can log time with BA ACARS online. The MD-11 will be icing on a very lovely cake.Yes, it has been a looooong time. Yes, I'd rather it work as advertised- so- I will wait- I imagine the wait will be less than you are worried about :).Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I fully understand that PMDG have to be sure that everything works perfectly well. But why don

Anders Pedersen

The simple answer Anders is that we don't know. In the case of the MD-11 obviously yes it's behind schedule from where we originally expected it to be. This and a couple other incidents is why we no longer will even speculate about release dates, there are just too many variables when you're developing this type of software.An announcement is just that, a notice that we're making something. If we didn't announce our future products, I have a suspicion that the very same people telling us not to announce until close to release would be doing the opposite if there was no information at all about what is in the pipeline. We really can't win either way...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan.Thx. for your nice answer which explain a lot. I was just getting a little bit annoyed since i have been checking your website for a long time - just to get this aircraft - and each time just to realize that nothing happens. Now that i know whats going on i can just cool down and wait - sorry if i sounded inpolite it was

Anders Pedersen

Anders,don't worry the MD-11 is coming along nicely, it is not that development would be halted or something like that. It is great to have people like you who are anxious to get that bird in the air! My personal view about justification for early announcements is this; With complex airliner add-ons for MSFS taking years to develop from scratch, imagine if two companies would both be working on the very same type, both making no announcement at all. And after years of development both release and what does the MSFS world get? Two equally good and complex add-ons of the same type. Now THAT would be a waste of the limited programming resources the PC flightsim world has.Normally competition is a good thing we say, keeps quality high. But I think with PC flight simulation it is bad as the users don't need three products from the same aircraft type but only one, but a good one. But they want various types to fly of course! Now if those products take years to develop and the market is VERY limited anyway I say it is best for every top-class developer to do an aircraft type that is unique on the market. And for that they need to let others know what they are doing and announce their future products.Worst case scenario: PMDG, Level-D, Airliner XP, Leonardo and Digital Aviation they all release an A380 or a B787 after 2,5 years of development, because no one told the others anything. Would anyone benefit from that?Ok you might have heard that one too often: You'll love the MD-11 when she's done! Thousands of reasons why I say that.... alright I'll give you one; The B747-400 has what? two or three different switch and button sounds for the entire flight deck? The MD-11 will have about 30 or 40 of those! ;)Best regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Hi Markus.Thx. for your explanation of why PMDG are making the early announcement - I just never thought about it that way. But of course your right. So instead of expecting the release of the MD-11 each and every day - I will just look forward to the big day when it

Anders Pedersen

>>Don't hold your breath. :-)> If I want to experience the MD-11 I guess i better not.....LOL :-)

Anders Pedersen

>>Hi Markus.>>>>Thx. for your explanation of why PMDG are making the early>>announcement - I just never thought about it that way. But>of>>course your right. So instead of expecting the release of>the>>MD-11 each and every day - I will just look forward to the>big>>day when it

Dave Taylor gb.png

>>The MD-11 is a fading means of transport, I do hope it comes>while there's still a few left in service?So do I Dave - it makes it more realistic - otherwise we just have to keep it alive in our community. Maybe we have to establish some kind of a MD-11 virtual airline :-wave Kind regards

Anders Pedersen

>The MD-11 is a fading means of transport, I do hope it comes>while there's still a few left in service?The MD-11 is not fading at all, don't know where you got that from? Yes many airlines got rid of them for PAX transportation but there are still some doing that very task... Finnair, KLM, TAM, World Airways...Those MD-11 that do stop flying passengers get converted to a cargo aircraft immediately, there's none aging in a desert, they are all flying. Douglas aircraft are built to last... Just see how many DC-8 and DC-10 are there still transporting cargo today.200 MD-11 were built in total, plus/minus 195 of them still flying today, and all of those will still be flying in five years and probably still in ten.So even if we'd be releasing in three years from now (we won't!) there would still be close to 200 MD-11 flying worldwide.(As a comparison: The direct competitor to the MD-11, the A340-300, around 240 of them flying today...)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

>>The MD-11 is a fading means of transport, I do hope it>comes>>while there's still a few left in service?>>The MD-11 is not fading at all, don't know where you got that>from? Yes many airlines got rid of them for PAX transportation>but there are still some doing that very task... Finnair, KLM,>TAM, World Airways...>Those MD-11 that do stop flying passengers get converted to a>cargo aircraft immediately, there's none aging in a desert,>they are all flying. >Regards,>MarkusWhat are these then at George AFB?http://www.visi.com/~jweeks/boneyard/photos/george.jpgGerry

Look

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

Guest WEA-JHD

>Look