Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ColdBear

Wide Screen

Hello,Just a small question regarding weather you'll do the 2D panels in widescreen format(16x9) or just the regular? Also if it gets implemented , would you make a small "patch" for the 744x aswell?kind regards,Martin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That isn't a "small" patch to do. All of the panel art would have to be redone, it's just not going to be possible for the older planes...

Thanx for the reply Ryan. Since I'm just a pilot and know nothing about panel art I thought it would be easy. Also with wide screen displays becomming more and more common. Can you confirm the MD11 will have it or do I have to wait for the 737ng?martin

I'm not sure honestly, it doesn't have it in the current alpha, so I'd say it's probably unlikely. NG 2.0 will though.

The MD-11 will have widescreen 2D panel views, and frankly they are better.Bill

Thanks Bill - that made my day!OT, but It's sad that the 747 misses the approach view that you have in the 737NG - it's perfect for me since I can have the EICAS display on a second monitor and have a hardware MCP to control the AP function.

Sounds lovely Bill - any chance of a small preview?Martin

>Thanks Bill - that made my day!>>OT, but It's sad that the 747 misses the approach view that>you have in the 737NG - it's perfect for me since I can have>the EICAS display on a second monitor and have a hardware MCP>to control the AP function. Krister:Have you tried the space bar? Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP2 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

I have modified my PMDG Beech 1900D 2D panel (as well as many other panels) to fit my 1920x1200 flat panel and it really isn't all that hard if you have Windows paint and FS Panel Studio. I even did one by hand before I bought FSPS for 25 bucks. Best investment I've made in this hobby.I need to redo this one since I have begun making the left side of my panels extended instead of the right as pictured here so you can see the runway on touchdown making for a perfect landing with a high AOA. Dolph

Only the local bar... Carl, sorry but I don't think I quite follow you now.

I've just leard to live with the streching. Some one over on the level d site did a wide screen for the 763 for both fs9 and fsx. It looks good, but haven't had time to take it out for a spin. Too many planes and new scenery and not enough time :-).

I can see your point about the 2D panels, but it still amazes me how many of you are flying using the 2D panels.... It's VC for me all the way, you get a much better feel for where everything is in the aircraft and feel like you're there.. Leaning over to press the EICAS controls, looking up to set up the upper panels, looking down to the FMC.. It's definitely the way to go. If you're not already a VC convert, download the anti-cyclone camera (I think this is the best one for FS9) and configure your mouse to do all the camera controls.. and you're away.. In the VC though certain aspects of it will need keybooard assignment. I for example assign L A/P and the TO/GA buttons to yoke controls or keyboard controls because they're not always that easy to get to when you need them.. But other than that VC is definitely better, and there is no stretching whatsoever..Just a thought for you guys.. I used to say that I didn't like the VC either, but with the new software addons for the cameras, it makes it so much more accessible. Even taxi improves, you can look left... right.. lean over and check you're in the right position.CheersCraig

I actually tend to use both VC and 2D. I primarly use VC when I'm on the ground and during initial climb and on approach. I switch to 2D during cruise since I anyway look away from the monitor a lot then reading charts, watching movies or whatever I do. But I do agree that nothing can beat VC (together with TrackIR) when you are on the taxiways or need a better viewing angle of the runway during approach or of course when you are going through the checklist starting up the aircraft.

"But I do agree that nothing can beat VC (together with TrackIR) when you are on the taxiways or need a better viewing angle---"------Multiple Views with an ever present 150

It just doesn't seem right to me... track IR gives you so much more freedom. You cant lean or look up and over things in the 2D view. I still undock 2D panels to other monitors but main view is TrackIR all the way. Anyway we all like our own way of doing things :)Rob

>It just doesn't seem right to me... track IR gives you so>much more freedom. You cant lean or look up and over things>in the 2D view. I still undock 2D panels to other monitors but>main view is TrackIR all the way. Anyway we all like our own>way of doing things :)>>RobUnfamiliar with using two monitors. Is it pretty simple to undock a 2D panel and place it on a 2nd monitor? I too have a problem with 24" Widescreen.Your suggestion and solution may be the answer to my problem. Frankly, re-working 2D panels in PSP & FSPanel might be fun but I'd rather be flying.Chris Weisbender

>Hi guys,>>I saw this information which may assist users with a "wide>screen".>>http://www.widescreengaming.net/wiki/Flight_Simulator_X>>I am planning on getting a 24" wide screen. So, if any of you>have a wide screen, give it a go and let us all know if it>helps.This makes the 3D field of view in the FSX engine wider, but it's not going to do anything for 2D panels. There's no way to make the 2D look right on a widescreen monitor besides actually running a 4:3 resolution and having black bars on the sides of the screen.

Chris- Easy not only on two monitors but also on three! This screenshot is with 4:3 monitors, but the views can be stretched for any ratio mon.With a wide mon, don't bother to stretch a 2D panel- but leave a portion of the desktop unused- then place a popup there such as a CDU to fill in the space.The beauty of triple mons and triple views is you get a field of view of 140