Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Airport scenery for FSX?

There appears to be a great shortage at present of FSX airport scenery add-ons. Does anyone know when we shall see these released for the major airports?Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Richard,there are plenty HIGH quality available already where you can land the PMDG heavy iron... London Heathrow, UK2000 airports, a couple of very nice German international airports, Zurich, Chicago O'Hare, St. Maarten... Soon to be available: JFK, Madrid Barajas, Melbourne, and I'm sure many many more which I'm not aware of...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

YSSY just came out, but its FSX version is not complete, according to AVSIM reviews. I know that throught the Cloud9 forums EHAM is not far off. By this time next year we'll likely look back in this post and ask "remember when?" :)Allan BurekCoordinator, Aircraft Maintenance OperationsGlobe Cargo VA

Guest Mower

>Chicago O'HareWho is making this one? I have my ear to the ground but have not heard of KORD being done for FSX.

I beleive that simwings is doing LFPG, and Frankfurt for FSX will also be out shortly. Check out Aerosoft to check out many of the existing FSX sceneries.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I've got the FSDreamTeam KORD and it's a very nice scenery, but it comes with the Add-On Manager to handle the licensing, which I wouldn't mind except it made changes to my fsx.cfg file without telling me. I had major problems with FSX hanging for 10-40 sec. I restored my cfg file but am still bitter with someone's piece of middleware messing with me. I tried contacting them (fsdreamteam) through email (which was sent back by the mail service) and the forum, which wouldn't let me register to post.Overall, there's much less activity by third party scenery designers for FSX than FS2004. I suspect it has much to do with the development problems that go hand-in-hand with trying to work with a convoluted piece of software.I've been trying to create KSFO for the past couple of months and I'm not very satisfied with the results of my efforts. Too bad the default airports are so inadequate.

Dan Downs KCRP

FWIW, I just installed all the ImagineSim FSX compatible sceneries. They all work with FSXsp2 as well, after downloading a single available patch for each. Maybe not the absolute best out there, but very effective non the less. And, the first commercial rendition of KATL Atlanta Heartsfield Intl for FSX is due out this month as well.Current FSX compatible airports included:► KCLT Charlotte Douglas Airport, USA► MYNN Nassau International, Bahamas► KCVG Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International, USA► KLGA New York La Guardia Airport, USA► KMCI Kansas City International Airport, USA► TJSJ San Juan Luis Munoz Marin Airport, Puerto Ricohttp://www.imaginesim.com/airports01.htmRegards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest SkullxBones

How's the FPS hit on these airports? I'm a little nervous about adding even more complexity to large airports and ending up with a nice looking slide show.Jeff

Guest grim_marmazet

I have the Mega Airport Heathrow X, and its only about 5fps less than the default, and I have the sliders most of the way right with, 70% AI on.I fly around asia mostly, so does anyone know of any good FSX airports for that region like VTBD, VTBS, RJAA?Rik

Nothing yet for Asia that I can see, but I hear that Overland is looking to convert its Japanese airport series soon.Allan BurekCoordinator, Aircraft Maintenance OperationsGlobeCargo Virtual Airlines

Al,I have a quick question on the Imaginesim in SP2. At night, do you see a performance hit? I have KCVG, KCLT and MYNN installed. KCLT and MYNN drop to 2-5 fps at night. KCVG doesn't though. I emailed imaginesim support a couple times but got no response.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

I only have one daytime flight under my belt so far with the LDS-767 (MYNN -> KCLT) as I just bought these and installed them Sunday. I will repeate the flight, maybe this evening and report back soonest. Do think it necessary to use the 744X for this flight or repeat with the LDS to expedite the retest?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Aircraft doesn't matter. I was getting the slowdown in the default 172.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Hey Kyle,Sorry I didn't get to run the sim tonight, but I did get a chance to put my LDS at MYNN at early evening and even after a panel, APU, & FMC init, FPS stayed within 20 to 24 (locked @ 24). No real issues noted.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE