Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

MD11 Questions? Fire away.

Guest rellehenk

Hi Martinnice pictures. Just one question. Why is the outflow valve closed on the ground. Have never seen this before

Hi All,Thanks for the screens!I see the oxygen panel in your screenshot.Does it work? What is modelled?Thanks in advance!All the Best,Jacir

Guest Mower

Any word on the FS2 Crew for this and how well the integration is?

>I see the oxygen panel in your screenshot.>Does it work? What is modelled?>Thanks in advance!You can't put on the oxygen mask for obvious reasons. What you can do is test if there's oxygen flow by pressing the dedicated switch on that panel.Markus

Markus Burkhard

>Eric,>>One of the beta guys is running XP Pro 64 and is really happy>with the performance he is seeing. I believe he said it was>the most stable FS platform he has encountered.>>MarkHey Guys,I actually switched to XP 64 specifically for the Beta Testing and as Mark mentioned I consider it one of the best FS moves I have made to date. I was previously using XP with the /3GB switch which is a band aid whereas XP 64 with 4 gigs was a real fix.The stutters that the /3gb fix introduced were really noticeable when I got to 64 and saw the difference. I now run 6 different boot options LOLXP 64 FS9XP 64 FSXXP32 /3GB switch FS9XP32 /3GB switch FSXXP32 FS9XP32 FSXI have other machines to test Vista 32/64 and my favorite is XP64.I can also say on my machine the MD-11 performance in FSX blew me away. I was so pleasantly surprised that even as a true FS9 devotee I am whole-heartedly enjoying the MD in FSX.Finally, I will also add that PMDG has incorporated some new things into the MD-11 that we have never seen before in FS that will blow you away. All I will say is the FMC/CDU will do alot more for you in FS than just plan/fly your route ;) And no it wont make you coffee before anyone asks!!!!Please feel free to ask any questions at all, you can see my specs below.-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192662.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192663.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Woow that rocks!Nice Feature!Also is the EVAC signal and are the cabin calls modelled (maybe together with FS2crew)?Jacir

Guest mpauli

Jacir,The EVAC switch is there and modeled, together with the warning siren and the horn silencer. Since it didn't fit on the 2D overhead panel it is on the VC only but it definitely works!The MD11 base package currently doesn't feature any cabin calls but from what I've heard, FS2Crew will handle all the cabin cockpit interaction and I

Guest mpauli

Floris,The indication you see is not what the plane would be like in real world. The problem here is that I've moved the plane while it was C&D from one airport to another.It seems that the CPCS (cabin pressure control system) closed the outflow value for some reason. It's hard to say right now but it seems that the controller managed to fix the problem as soon as I selected the APU bleed to on. Sometimes, like on the real plane, you ask yourself what the computer is doing, like in this case

Sounds like you have a few options as far as that goes. I have a tech question for whoever can answer. What would be considered better 2 1GB RAM Cards or 1 2GB RAM Card? I am trying to decide on which to ad to my system to complete the RAM, a 2 GB card or 2 1GB cards either way it would total of 4 GB when i do.Thank YouCapt. Eric Wade Joneswww.usairwaysva.orghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

>Sounds like you have a few options as far as that goes. I>have a tech question for whoever can answer. What would be>considered better 2 1GB RAM Cards or 1 2GB RAM Card? I am>trying to decide on which to ad to my system to complete the>RAM, a 2 GB card or 2 1GB cards either way it would total of 4>GB when i do.>Are you talking system ram here? If yes, and if you want 4gb of system ram, I would go with a pair of 2gb modules (2x2 = 4). I would not go with four 1gb modules (1x4 = 4).I see in your sig you are US Airways VA. Are you guys using the "Cactus" callsign now?RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Mark,Quite a procedure indeed.Did give it a try in the 400X this afternoon.LNAV did fly it perfectly, including the missed approach,VNAV managed it safely, but during the last 360 turn before "landing" showed large power / pitch changes.I'm very interested in how the MD-11's NAV and PROF will cope with this RNAV approach and seeing forward to your screenshots.And as earlier requested, please show FPV on the PFD during this procedure as well.Regards,Harry

I do believe so, I think some of them are using that callsign on vatsim now, aparently we required for some reason, but we are to do it based on the Carrier I believe. Peidmont is the carrier for the Dash8 flights in and out of PGV in Greenville,N.C. so use that since i stick mainly to them flightsThank YouCapt. Eric Wade Joneswww.usairwaysva.orghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

Hi,Does the FMS have the ability to have time way points set? e.g. arrive at XYZ at 1300?I've tweaked FSX and it is fluid!!! 45 FPS with LSH MD2006 at Heathrow 2008 at medium detail (no AutoGen/traffic). I had to set water detail to NONE, but it made all the difference.For the first time, FSX is actually flyable with a complex add-on. Might help those with the 747X!Best regards,Robin.