Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

MD11 Questions? Fire away.

>Jacir,>The EVAC switch is there and modeled, together with the>warning siren and the horn silencer. Since it didn't fit on>the 2D overhead panel it is on the VC only but it definitely>works!>The MD11 base package currently doesn't feature any cabin>calls but from what I've heard, FS2Crew will handle all the>cabin cockpit interaction and I

Hi Harry,I have a few images which I will link to shortly, not as many as I had planned given that the workload was high. Sorry but I forgot the FPV screenshot in the heat of the moment! I can do an FPV shot on my next flight this evening if you just want to see what it looks like? Or was it an RNAV specific thing you wanted to see?The RNAV approach went pretty well considering it was not designed to be flown by anything bigger than a 737-800. It reached the MAP right on profile with no unsafe excursions going in.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Mark,Wow!!! Thanks for the bonus shot. Just another question...this is used for take-off and is pretty clear. Now on the approach and landing also is it used? Or is it "deactivated" in some way because you need to go to landing flaps which is beyond the dial-a-flaps range of 25 degrees. Correct me if I am wrong, from the picture it seems it is designed to work that the handle is physically moved to the left and downwards to go past the restricting detent?Secondly, while extending flaps for the approach is it SOP to go directly to Flaps 28 or again do you dial-a-flap for approach as well?Thanks a lot for your patience.Happy Flying!!Dinshaw.

The procedures I'm familiar with (remember airlines can differ from one to the next) requires the crew to set the wheel to 15 degrees as part of the after takeoff procedure.After this, the flaps 15 setting can be used during the approach.The dial-a-flap setting is only used as part of the takeoff procedure. The flap setting used for landing is either 35 degrees or 50 degrees.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest cloudfreak

Hi Martin,do you have also a few screenshots in this quality in daylight ?thanksJ

Mark,Simple question: How is the autoland attitude?Thanks in advance

Thanks Mark,I guess like you said SOP varies for airlines, but I guess Flaps 15 can be used for the approach. Will check Smart Cockpit and see if there are any procedures.P.S. Checked Smart cockpit, ILS and visual procedures ask for slats and Vlim+5 and then directly to Flaps 28. There is no indication of any intermediate setting on approach.Like you said, SOP can vary from airline to airline.Thanks for everything.Dinshaw.

Hi,Smart Cockpit doesn't say direct to Flaps 28.>> Note: Flap may be selected as desired to reduce airspeed>> and/or lower deck angle.then it goes on to say select Flap 28 on base.In the MD-82, procedure is slats passing through 250 kts, then at pilot discretion, either select Flap 11, or wait until 210 kts and go direct to Flap 15 (the lowest flap setting for approach with gear up, although some pilots will use dial-a-flap to set Flap 24 to go slower without the gear warning horn).ATS (Auto-throttle system) will not permit airspeed lower than LIM until next flap setting is selected. From 15 you can either select Flap 28 for landing, or go direct to Flap 42.What is a typical landing flap config in the MD-11? Is Flap 50 ever used? On the MD-82, Flap 50 is possible, but locked out on (nearly?) all aircraft for safety reasons.Best regards,Robin.

Mark,Thanks for all the beautifull screenshots.>I can do an FPV shot on my next flight this evening if you>just want to see what it looks like?Please do. Only the FPV symbol on the PFD would be sufficient, no need to select a FPA or TRK reference.Happy to hear the MD-11 was able to bring you in safely on this demanding procedure.Regards,Harry

Mark, Great idea of centralizing all the questions to one post. My questions would be is the ILS glideslope "bump" modelled when the nose gear is extended while GS is captured, modelling the switching of GS antennas? Thanks and great work! Allan BurekCoordinator, Aircraft Maintenance OperationsGlobe Cargo Virtual Airlines

SOP's across airlines differ indeed.Used to reset the Dial-a-Flap selector all the way back to 10 after take-off.For landing: Slats extend, Flaps 10 on initial approach, Flaps 28 and gear down shortly before GS intercept, to be followed by the Landing flapsetting : 35 or 50.Regards,Harry

Guest cloudfreak

Thanks Martin,i do understand,you are right ,Beta-testing is much more important ,so i get the bird faster!regardsJ