Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rsrandazzo

11OCT PMDG MD-11 Update (short)

Captains-Ah- 3am and once again some of us are not getting much sleep around PMDG. :-)We've spent most of today working on technical issues related to the release and I expect that we will make the liveries and the manuals live for you within the next 12hrs.We have a few late changes to the INTRODUCTION (a must read!) and the TUTORIAL (also a must read!) and then they will be made available to you along with the rest of the manuals.The liveries will be released at the same time, although the paintkit may take a bit longer as it really hasn't been reviewed for accuracy yet.We are looking for release of the PMDG MD-11 for FSX sometime between Sunday and Tuesday now- as we have a few more technical processes to complete before the MD-11 gets rolled out of the hangar for you.For those interested in the FS9 version: We have no additional information to give you other than what we have already said: We are expecting 4-6 weeks more development on that platform. Could be shorter, could be longer...I'll be back to you with more information shortly!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>You know what they say and they say them for a reason. Good>things come to those who wait. Good Luck.Haha you're so right!!

Thanx for the update, no hurry for me now on the aircraft release as MY MOBO just blew....well at least I will have time to read the manuals while awaiting the cursed RMA process. *sigh*

Thanks for the update and good luck!I guess by now there are a lot of keyboards in the world with a completely worn-out F5 key??Greetingds from Holland / Netherlands,Wijnand (EHBK)

Thanks for updating us Robert, keep up the good work.I'm sure it will only be released when its perfect.Best wishes

...creating a mini DOS attack at that! :-)Nothing like anticipating some good news in the midst of so much bad news.

>Thanks for the update and good luck!>>I guess by now there are a lot of keyboards in the world with>a completely worn-out F5 key??>>Greetingds from Holland / Netherlands,>>Wijnand (EHBK)Yup! Haha :(!Would love to fly this bird in the next (few) day(s)!Best regards, Joey

Can't wait to see what a 2 years development plane look like !Keep up the good work :)

They better hurry before my debit card goes up in flames from anticipation. :-ukliam Probably should be off studying the manuals instead of watching the forum every few hours so that way I can actually fly the bird when I get her lol. Is nice to see though that after all the far and few between news over the last couple years we get regular updates throughout the beta process.

Some kind of update would be nice.Pdf manuals and tutorial still not released.Really would like to study prior to release of aircraft.Perry

The wallpapers do look good but I am waiting for the manuals so I can have some good Saturday night reading maybe. Jeff

Hum, we already got daily update from now three day, what do you expect ? I think they spend all the time they have to prepare the release and they're just overbooked right now.I'm sure as soon as they'll be able to give us something, they'll do... Don't you understand now why they never give a release date ? Just because everyone await for things promized to be released exactly at the time set by developpers.With a very long experience of the gaming and simulation worlds, I just should say that PMDG is not different than the others... even the biggest studio, like Blizzard, made theyr fan wait 2 years or more for a game, promising a release for the nest quarter of the year... and the day of the release, postpone it for 2 or 3 days later.So PMDG is not different and in the matter of releasing products, they do all they can.Regards.

Hi,I'm guessing here, but I would have thought that the paper manuals would come from the same source files as the PDF version, so I'm surprised they haven't got those done already, TBH.It is midnight here in the UK, and so now I'll be waiting until tomorrow to get my hands on these manuals. :( Hopefully they'll be released overnight (along with the aircraft!! :D )!Given that Robert appears to be on the west coast, it could simply be a time-zone issue WRT when they are expecting to release the manuals. I'm working off the time of his post though.Best regards,Robin.

It's 10am in the morning here in Australia, so hopefully it'll be released some time in the next 12 hours or so while I am still awake. Until then, I am online as QFA14 flying TNCM-KMIA right now in my PMDG B747-400!

>Hi,>>I'm guessing here, but I would have thought that the paper>manuals would come from the same source files as the PDF>version, so I'm surprised they haven't got those done already,>TBH.When you're doing fairly long run printing, like these manuals, the PDFs that go to press are going to be a lot different than what you download. They'll look fairly similar, but require a substantial amount of work to make them ready for web distribution. -Lee Barberhttp://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpg

>They'll look fairly similar,>but require a substantial amount of work to make them ready>for web distribution. I know what you mean... I made some documents for printing and web releasing... you have two different format of PDF to define and many things to check, especially if there's illustration and you check the compression is going to be fine (or not)... you have as well if you want to make some dynamic links to make a lot of work inside the text itself before exporting as PDF...So it's not an easy way to release PDF from printing version to Web one. I'm sure they're actively working on it and will spend another night on this job...Regards.