Sign in to follow this  
hariseldon

Your age?

Best regards

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

My better half tells me I'm 46 some times and 86 the rest of the time. :girl_devil:  Weighted average is 66.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

On 22 january I'll be 30yrs old! My first sim was Fs95 on my first PC, 486!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

I turned 30 a few months ago, and I also started with FS95. Looks like we both got bit by the aviation bug a little early!

I'm training my 6 year old how to read checklists..

First sim I really remember sinking my teeth into was USNF '97. Ohh the memories!

Started to flight sim "seriously" in my early 20s. 

2 young kids and a wife mean I'm limited to mostly regional flights. That's ok - I don't want to skip on my kid's childhood over a hobby. :good:  

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

I turned 30 a few months ago, and I also started with FS95. Looks like we both got bit by the aviation bug a little early!

I'm training my 6 year old how to read checklists..

Actually I was bit by aviation bug a little bit early, on my first grade, when my best friend gave me a catalog from revell, I was instantly hooked!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

I'll turn 66 the day before your 30th birthday...

...at least I hope I will! :Praying:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have a feeling you are all old.  :P

Have you guys noticed something? Going over this thread, and if you are all saying the truth about your age, I'm starting to accept that Flight Simulation is not a game, but a serious and expensive hobby reserved for the top aviation-lovers.  

By-the-way, I am...................  34

I have a feeling you are all old.  :P

As of today with the results from the 2014 Demographic Survey of 2,661 respondents to the question "How old are you", our membership is made up of:

Chart.png

As of today with the results from the 2014 Demographic Survey of 2,661 respondents to the question "How old are you", our membership is made up of:

Nice Chart, Mr. Allen. I'm telling you.. This is some serious stuff. Not that the younger are not serious; It's just that teens would rather be playing with computer games than investing time on a serious flight simulator. I bet most of us have spent some serious money on this. Honestly, I have last count on how much $$$ I've spent; but, it is well into several thousands of dollars.