Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest DreamFleet

What's your favourite libation?

Years ago it used to be a Long Island Ice Tea or a Cuba Libre (I still have one of them every so often), but now it's mostly Kettle One Martinis, extra dry, and either "Gibson" or "Gimlet". Used to use Absolut, but I prefer K1 now. Finlandia is not bad either, but Grey Goose is over-priced. ;-)After dinner it is either Sambucca Molinari (not Romana either!) or Quaranta y Tres.Thankfully, I have no desire for Louis XIII (despite its name), and at $150 a shot in this area, that's good!Yeah, probably not exactly the kind of post that TA had in mind for this forum.... but! :-lolRegards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

An icecold beer and snaps, such as Aalborg or Akvavit. Ofcourse together with the swedish herring and fresh potatos. :-lolFly safe, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSAItaly/Rimini/LIPRhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/dc9_banner.jpg"I will come and cut your lawn for a high quality DC8-63 system"[/color]My specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProOmega 2590DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP1E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Hmmmm, well, I can no longer drink because of diabetic condition, but.... I DO like a small swig of ...Brandy - the best I can find around.Scotch - ditto, even, dare I say better than the brandy?Tequela - even more, I don't like ordinary tequela. I got a couple chances to drink some private stock from Mexico; wonderful stuff. :DHowever, if you see my doctor you be sure to tell him I'm NOT drinking anything. :D

Hi Staffan,Talking about herring:A while ago I visited Stockholm to attend one of our Scandinavian VA meetings and during that week I stayed with friends in Stockholm.As you may know, herring is in Holland also quite famous, we eat it raw with onions & bread.But you Swedes also have a particular way of eating herring. One day during diner we ate fermentated herring, at least that was what I was told....First I thought they made a joke but they didn't :-) Nevertheless I liked it very much.EDIT:My favourite drink is Scotch and specifically Glennfiddish 15years old malt.

Belvedere Gibson straight up at a restaurant.Kettle One Gibson straight up when at home :-).

Used to like the Long Island Ice Tea as well (they sure can sneak up on ya!). Monteaux's next to my office serves a really good Caramel Apple Martini sure to satisfy any sweet tooth ;).After dinner Asbach Uralt... a very fine Brandy.Chivas 18 year with spring water, no ice.Does the bottle to throttle rule apply to simming?Cheers,Zane

Socth on the Rocks, usually Johnny Walker (Red Label) or Chevias (sp?) Regal.

>Hi Staffan,>>Talking about herring:>A while ago I visited Stockholm to attend one of our>Scandinavian VA meetings and during that week I stayed with>friends in Stockholm.>As you may know, herring is in Holland also quite famous, we>eat it raw with onions & bread.>But you Swedes also have a particular way of eating herring.>One day during diner we ate fermentated herring, at least that>was what I was told....>First I thought they made a joke but they didn't :-) >Nevertheless I liked it very much.>>EDIT:>My favourite drink is Scotch and specifically Glennfiddish>15years old malt.Hi Egbert,Is it perhaps the swedish "Surstr

I love a Beefeater Martini. Staight up with olives.My first Singapore Sling (and maybe my last) was sitting at the bar in the Raffles Hotel in Singapore. Just had to do it.

Bombay Sapphire martini, super-dry (that means I wave a bottle of vermouth over the top of the mixer), with a jalapeno-stuffed olive or two.Bob

Bud Light, Rum and Coke, (One in each hand that is)Jeff

"Does the bottle to throttle rule apply to simming?" Doc; not only NO but H no}( DennyProfessional Tourist

Jeff;"Bud Light, Rum and Coke" As an Air Force Vet, I need to have a long talk with you!:-beerchug DennyProfessional Tourist.

"Pronunciation: lI-'bA-sh&nFunction: nounEtymology: Latin libation-, libatio, from libare to pour as an offering; akin to Greek leibein to pour1 a : an act of pouring a liquid as a sacrifice (as to a deity) b : a liquid (as wine) used in a libation2 a : an act or instance of drinking often ceremoniously b : BEVERAGE; especially : a drink containing alcohol- li

A very strong latte with 2 sugars - can drink anyone under the table.If not available, then Corona.Cheers :)Josh

Coke. Plain ordinary non-alcoholic-yet-superaddictive Coca-Cola. I spend an insane amount of money on the gallons on phosphoric acid I pour down my throat every day.Meh, it's prolly unhealthy but who cares? I need more caffeine. I'm going to put it in solution and pump it into my veins via an IV, just you watch...ASKJBNLKJASBDKLABKLJSCKLLK!JH!!! GOOGBNNNFUUUURRRGGHHHIIIT! *bounce*

Howdy,Ah! Another Coffee and Corona man! :-lol Personally, prefer a ristretto (really, really short black expresso, no sugar; great to have both with a twist of lime.)

>Coke. Plain ordinary non-alcoholic-yet-superaddictive>Coca-Cola. I spend an insane amount of money on the gallons on>phosphoric acid I pour down my throat every day.>ME TOO!!!! It's gotta be at least 12 cans a day, sometimes more. My doctor said I should switch to Diet Coke to get away from the sugar so it's about half and half, but soon to be totally Diet Coke. He said other than the sugar there was nothing unhealthy about it. Cocoa has more caffiene.Don't do alcohol at all. Slows my guitar pickin' too much.Glenn'Maintain thy airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.'

nescafe espresso,about 4 liters a day.if that isn't there,i have a big problem.cheersTom.