Sign in to follow this  
Guest Water Mango

Opinions please on the Eaglesoft Beechjet/Hawker...

I'm having a terrible time with it. This is ironic because I usually don't have any problems with Eaglesoft products. First off is VC performance, the gauges really tax my system. Panning around the VC is a few steps up from a slide show. There's no utility to adjust the gauge refresh rate so I'm stuck.Second is I get constant CTD's when pressing 'ALT' in fullscreen mode. If I try to load the aircraft in 'Windowed' mode FS9 crashes again. So in essence once the plane is loaded up I can't access the menu bar nor do I have the option to run the aircraft in 'Windowed' mode.The updates are really nice and the aircraft has gracefully moved from moderate to somewhat hardcore status. I believe most systems are modeled now. I wrote Ron on the issues I'm having and all I can say is I've seen a whole new meaning on the word 'Pithy'. Maybe the guys are too busy with FSX related issues to be concerned about FS9 products anymore. Upon investigating this issue I found all the gauges located in the panel folder instead of the gauges folder where every other add-on places it

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

No problems here, although I have noticed a smll fps hit in the VC. I am getting 23-24fps in 2d and about 18-19fps in VC (locked at 25). The new instrumentation is very nice, and it is great to fly!I hope you can sort out that nasty CTD issue, although I have never heard of any add-on interfering with the Alt-menu key before :-(

Graeme Butler

>I'm having a terrible time with it. This is ironic because I>usually don't have any problems with Eaglesoft products. >>First off is VC performance, the gauges really tax my system. >Panning around the VC is a few steps up from a slide show. >There's no utility to adjust the gauge refresh rate so I'm>stuck.>>Second is I get constant CTD's when pressing 'ALT' in>fullscreen mode. If I try to load the aircraft in 'Windowed'>mode FS9 crashes again. So in essence once the plane is>loaded up I can't access the menu bar nor do I have the option>to run the aircraft in 'Windowed' mode.>>The updates are really nice and the aircraft has gracefully>moved from moderate to somewhat hardcore status. I believe>most systems are modeled now. >>I wrote Ron on the issues I'm having and all I can say is I've>seen a whole new meaning on the word 'Pithy'. Maybe the guys>are too busy with FSX related issues to be concerned about>FS9 products anymore. Upon investigating this issue I found>all the gauges located in the panel folder instead of the>gauges folder where every other add-on places it

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ed I'm at work now and can't check the ES forums (forgot my password). Leave some suggestions over there and I can try them. Most likely we won't be logged on at the same time and I could have some feedback for you when you finally do check in...Thanks.

FS2020 

Dillon,We are actively supporting you in our forum and have been trying to find the reason for your ALT Key issue. It's a bit unfair to say that we have somehow "hung you out to dry"To date we have exactly two users with this issue and there is a post asking for more feedback on the error report from you and the other customer. This a head scratcher for us since it never showed up in any test and we cannot duplicate it on any test machine??Be patient as I'm sure we'll find a solution to this matter. As you know, everyones mileage varies when it comes to FPS and sim performance so we hope to help in that area as well:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Sorry Ron but your answers were so short and simple that it looked like if no other customers were having this problem, it wasn't a problem. I know it's not my hardware as I'd see this with other add-ons I have (especially with all the other ES jets and GA aircraft in my hanger). Here's hopeing we can figure this one out... :-wave Ed we need someway to adjust gauge refresh rate.

FS2020 

"Here's hopeing we can figure this one out..." Same here as we do not like to have an odd/isolated thing that causes headaches to users:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Ed I'm at work now and can't check the ES forums (forgot my>password). Leave some suggestions over there and I can try>them. Most likely we won't be logged on at the same time and>I could have some feedback for you when you finally do check>in...>>Thanks.Trust me when I say I'm literally just sitting around waiting for input. :)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thanks for the positive input:-) Please post system specs so others can evaluate.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

There is a bug in the FS9 Beechjet/Hawker 1.5 which is very odd and challenging us for a solution but never showed up in any test???It seems that a very few users with certain hardware are experiencing a failure to load the PFD. This one is very odd and is isolated to only a few with certain hardware???

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Well Ed solved my CTD problem. There seemed to be a conflict with SSTsim's .dll located in the modules folder. Overall I like the aircraft now that that problem is solved. I just hope a little more can be done to increase performance in the VC.Overall Eaglesoft has more than brought this product up to date with their other products. I'll go as far as to say there are now three hardcore business jets on the market (Ariane's BBJ, Feelthere's Legacy, and now Eaglesoft's Beechjet/Hawker). :-)

FS2020 

You should like what's being done to the CX 1.5 when it's ready then:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Overall Eaglesoft has more than brought this product up to>date with their other products. I'll go as far as to say>there are now three hardcore business jets on the market>(Ariane's BBJ, Feelthere's Legacy, and now Eaglesoft's>Beechjet/Hawker). :-)I wish Eaglesoft would start putting in fully functioning FMCs into their biz jets - other than that, I agree with you here. The main "gripe" I have with Eaglesoft is the lack of detailed manuals, accessible via one pdf file, rather than the htm confusion we now have. ricardo