Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

PMDG raises prices for US customers?

Guest over and out

I like the PMDG products I have purchased and have been impressed with the general quality but I have a few issues that I am not fond of.Like others, I can vote with my wallet.

Fair enough Ryan...your just doing your job. Lets see if the head guys respond although frankly what really can they say..."sorry guys, we can get more bang for the buck by going to the Euro and you guys in the US will either pay or be without it"I agree with Mike and the others, vote with your wallets gents!! If sales drop dramatically in the US upon their next release, we can send them a message! We all know the US dollar has taken a hit over the last couple years but I find it pretty cheeky to hit us Americans when the dollar is low against the Euro with no signs of a rebound...for shame.

Eric 

Guest Ryan076

>Hello,>>I will just have to vote with my wallet as well. Guess I just>purchased my last PMDG product.>>Same here. PMDG does make excellent add-ons but they're not worth the price IMHO. Can anyone answer me this why can't PMDG accept both EURO and USD?

Hello Ryan,I'm not jumping to any conclusions. I purchased PMDG's 747 when it was "NEW" just released for $54.95 US Dollars. The product is older now, and is now selling for

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I was not aware of this - how unfortunate. Count me out if this is the way it's to be going forward. To me there's a limit to what any single simulation is worth regardless of quality.regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark

>Hello Ryan,>>I'm not jumping to any conclusions. I purchased PMDG's 747>when it was "NEW" just released for $54.95 US Dollars. >>The product is older now, and is now selling for

Mike Roth, what you fail to understand is that people in Europe are making wages in Euro's so yes, they can afford it. We in America earn wages in USD. That is the reason Aerosoft does what they do and what PMDG should do! That way they appease both sides of the pond.

Eric 

Hello,"Guess what, we aren't the only economy in the world. Until some of you start to understand that, you won't even start to have an idea as why this might have happened."I know we are not the only economy in the world and I do understand that. I guess PMDG figured, well the Europeans have no problem paying the additional cost for our products. Why not go to EURO only and get everyone to pay the additional cost for our products.It comes down to one thing, and one-thing-only....."GREED". Squeeze the Flightsim community for all they can get.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

>Mike Roth, what you fail to understand is that people in>Europe are making wages in Euro's so yes, they can afford it.>We in America earn wages in USD. That is the reason Aerosoft>does what they do and what PMDG should do! That way they>appease both sides of the pond.We make our wages in USD, if I want to buy something in Australia or Canada, does that mean we should pay more for it then they do? I'm failing to understand your logic there.Regardless, "people in Europe are making wages in Euro's so yes, they can afford it". So since they make their money in a different currency then we do, that means they can afford to spend more then we do? How in the world does that work?Let's say an American worker earns $5,000 a month in wages. A similar Euro worker earns

>I know we are not the only economy in the world and I do>understand that. I guess PMDG figured, well the Europeans have>no problem paying the additional cost for our products. Why>not go to EURO only and get everyone to pay the additional>cost for our products.What additional cost would that be? By that logic, shouldn't you be jumping on Aerosoft for their pricing? After all, they do the same thing, as does every other company that sells the product.

Let's be fair and say an American worker makes 5,000 USD a month and a Euro worker makes 5,000 Euro's a month...who can better afford paying for something that costs 55 Euro's? Hmmm....

Eric 

Hello,I don't purchase from Aerosoft.

> The boxed edition of the PMDG 747 is 59.99 in both > Dollars AND Euros.If a European distributor is doing this, it is because they view potential sales in the U.S. market as to valuable to pass up. Thus, they're eating short term currency exchange losses in return for longer term increased sales.That's what makes PMDG's move baffling (assuming they're a U.S. company). They're on the favorable side of the exchange rate. That is, if they sell in dollars, the product would appear discounted in Europe after exchange rate conversions, increasing sales from Europe while having no negative impact on sales within the U.S.For it to work however (generally), the costs to create the product have to be mostly contained within the U.S. (or another country with exchange rates comparable to the U.S.). So my guess is that the most valuable contribution creating the PMDG product is taking place in Europe and it is costing PMDG too much to pay those contributors in euros (after converting from revenue in dollars). In other words, most of the talent is in Europe.Don't forget this also represents a PRICE HIKE for EUROPEAN buyers as well.I don't know, perhaps this is just an easy way to hike the price in both the U.S. and Europe based on a prediction that both markets will bear it.

>Let's be fair and say an American worker makes 5,000 USD a>month and a Euro worker makes 5,000 Euro's a month...who can>better afford paying for something that costs 55 Euro's?>Hmmm....How is that a "fair" comparison? You're comparing someone who makes $6,755.98 a month to someone who makes $5,000 a month. Compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges.

>Don't forget this also represents a PRICE HIKE for EUROPEAN>buyers as well.It does? I was under the impression that those of you that use Euro's were always paying 54.95 in Euro's? Would that then imply that the distributors charging 54.95 for the plane in Euros, are over charging people by a ton?I'm honestly curious here, so don't take it the wrong way.