Sign in to follow this  
Guest DreamFleet

Ron Freimuth has passed away

Very sad news.Blue skies for you Ron and sincere condolences to his family and friends

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

That's a very sad news. I was just wondering the other day why he wasn't posting anymore.It's one of the very few men we have to thank, if today we can fly with other than default flight dynamics in MSFS.All of his posts were always interesting to read and his immense passion showed through them, and I'm sure he was a nice person and a good engineer.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest Douglas K

Very sad news indeed.In addition to the individual flight models he had written, Ron was a major contributor of information on the subject of flight dynamics for Microsoft

Very sorry to hear about this. Very few in the hobby have managed to touch our enjoyment of the sim as much as Ron has. He will be missed.Regards,John

Sad news. Condolence to his family.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Very sorry to hear that he passed away. He was so helpful and tought me many things in flight dynamics developement.We will remember him with every plane we do.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Guest feeldev

May your soul rest in peace Ron. It was our honor working with you.Victor

Very sorry to hear. Thanks Lou for posting. I admired Ron greatly, he will be missed.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I'm sorry to hear this. Ron's passing away is a major loss to the FS community. However as long as I will fly the sim I will will fly Ron's aircraft!All the strength to his relatives and friends,Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Wow! Now that is a name which has been around since almost the beginning -- and one which always was surrounded with respect for his opinions. Being that I passed the big 60 last year, it espicially saddens me that Ron was only 64 years of age. Much too young in our day and age and not nearly enough time if you are having a wonderful time.I have had more than a few communications with Ron over the years, and always came away feeling I had gone to the right guy, and received the 'correct' information. In other words, Ron really knew his $hit!Father Time has robbed our hobby of a true gift . . . my! Did he ever do some great .air files . . . I do fear that my beloved 727 for FSX now will not be the same . . . it won't have Ron's touch! Oh yeah, I'm thankful that he created a great one for FS9, and my only chance of flying such a perfect machine again is if Rons .air file will work in FSX -- I try in life not to dwell on the hard, impossible things in life, and concentrait more on enjoying life and what it has to offer, always knowing that this is a short trip by anyones standards, and having the faith to believe that there IS something else after this world, something we all can look forward to. Saying that, Guess we'll have to cook up something on the other side, ya think Ron? I'm thinking that perhaps God needed an .air file for HIS 727 . . . if so, he couldn't have picked a better man to do the job. Best to Ron's family, my condolences, and prayers -- Clay Dopke

Guest Dan G Martin

A Ron Freimuth was something very rare a true master who would always do his best to help as Lou said above to help many people with his deep understanding of flight dynamics and how it relates to the innards of several generations of Flight Sim. He will be truly missed. I as have many here have truly benefited from his talents. Dan Martin Flight Ontario

My condolences to his family. I am a big fan of his numerous airfiles, and the work he has done for the community is immeasurable. He is no longer with us, but his great work for the community will live on.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF