Sign in to follow this  
Forever777

IMAGINESIM KATL RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Major skip from me...Cal still using old school 2004 or older textures even the Wilco Publishing's Airport 2002 Series looked better.Have you checked out the demo?Personally, love the scenery, have all the others as well and am looking forward to whatever they release for FS9 in the future.

Mike...

I bought it.It's pretty well done and worthy of payware. But it is not worthy of $33 payware......I do find it a tad heavy on frames, more so due to the AI I would think. They have a truck load of them there when at %100 so that is not the scenery at fault.Also the lack of autogen surrounding the airport hurts the image of it as well.I would feel better if I paid $25 for it. Seeing as I can get fly tampa's stuff for $27 and this is not on the same scale as flytampa......

Good point on the autogen. Why is there no autogen around the airport? The underlying texture appears to be the default...Did they hit the limit of buildings in one square? I don't pretend to know how these things work...

I have purchased all the Imaginesim sceneries, and the quality has improved immensely since their early Denver/Detroit sceneries. This is easily the best KATL scenery currently available (thank goodness I can finally remove the frame-killer Simflyers scenery!)

Graeme Butler

Well I'm no expert either. Maybe it is a quick way to exclude some autogen that may cross onto the scenery. Instead of deleting each autogen building and tree one by one, they killed the "square" to save time and effort?I know I have seen some scenery makers do each autogen object one by one (like Flight Ontario did with the GTA add-on).Also might be a way to save frames. I know Cornol Gorglia (I can't remember his name) did this with LSGG and LMML, killed the autogen around the airport.It just looks wrong in my opinion.And for the record, maybe someone is counting I paid $21.50 for my flytampa scenery's.......For $33 they should have autogen around the airport....

Well, considering it's my local major airport, I thought it was money well spent.RH

Looks like this scenery is going to be a real winner in the FS2004 market. I'm not sure though how well it will fare when it is released for FSX! The default scenery when coupled with Dakota's Smith's Freeware scenery, that adds the new tower, runway and South Terminal, is pretty detailed to begin with. Another thing not in it's favor, is if they continue to use the FS2004 method for engaging the Jetways, instead of the easier FSX method. Setting a comm frequency isn't very realistic, then again neither is Cntrl-J at least with the latter, your not using aircraft systems to accomplish an external function. If I still had FS2004, I would probably buy this, but for FSX I'm on the fence right now about it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>>how well it will fare when it is >released for FSX! The default scenery >when coupled with Dakota's Smith's >Freeware scenery, that adds the new tower, >runway and South Terminal, is pretty >detailed to begin with.>I do not think you mean a FSX KATL designed by Dakota Smith. The Commuter South Terminal, 400 ft. new Control Tower, Radar Control room that the new tower sits on, additional Buildings, all new Scenery GUIDS, expanded airport poly land class, proper ground movement of airport support vehicles, etc. is in my FSX designed KATL released on Jan 2007.There are airport designers hacking into my files here at AVSIM and using parts /code for their own airport. This also includes Imagesim which has pirated my approach code in order to try and get their FS2004 airport working. I am still waiting for a response from ImageSim on why all of my 2008 enhanced FSX Terminal Approach code coming off all the new STAR's I added is in their original download FS2004 KATL Payware scenery and now in the new Product Update released May 19. Pirating designers code is a serious issue.The full story is in my post (toward the bottom) at this thread.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=445414&page=

Actually Jim, Dakota Smith did indeed release his own FSX version of ATL.Now while you certainly have every right to figure out just what is going on with your work, did you even consider waiting for a response from Imaginesim before posting here ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

We are running our popularity competition again to help us decide on our next project for MSFS. Looking at our current request numbers we have it narrowed down to either KPHL Philadelphia or KSTL St Louis (unless any late challengers enter the fray). So let us know which you'd prefer to see as our next release. You can contact us at sowhatsnext@imaginesim.com. We'll notch up each of your requests for the next couple of weeks or until a clear winner starts to emerge.Maybe it's just me, but methinks KPHL is gonna win! I prefer it anyway.

Mike...

Brian's right, it's in the FSX scenery section Authored by Dakota Smith.Edit: I'm a little confused, if Dakota used all or any of your code, (Which I don't dispute if you think he did) why are those files still on AVSIM? I would have thought they would have removed it from the library, once identified as such, on copyright violation grounds?http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...xscen&Go=Search

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Why won't anyone do Hawaii? :(Primary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>Why won't anyone do Hawaii? :(>>Primary Rig>Liquid Cooled>Intel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45>Asus Maximus Extreme>2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400>Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs>24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAF>Dual 19 inch LCD's>Raid-0+1>PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLI>http://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.html>>>Backup Rig>AMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.7>2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2>XFX 7900 GTX >Raid-0>psolk.jpgTell me about it!! hawaii is such a beautiful approach I still use the lago version but its a few years old already phnl would be a great airport to do next!

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

>>tf51d >>I'm not sure though how well it will >fare when it is released for FSX! >The default scenery when coupled >with Dakota's Smith's Freeware scenery, >that adds the new tower, runway >and South Terminal, is pretty detailed to begin with.>I did not say that Dakota did not release a FSX scenery. You said he released a FSX KATL with the South Terminal and it is detailed to begin with.There is no Commuter South Terminal in Dakota's scenery AFCAD and it is not detailed except for the added Control tower and RWY 10/28 which by the way has added ILS's on both ends but does not work. Dakota has also been told that autogen tress are all over his taxiways, no poly Land class was added and all the I285 traffic is crossing over his 10/28 runway. The South Terminal along with many other enhancements and corrections is in the FSX scenery that I released. Give the correct credit where credit is due. Concering Imagesim pirating my airport code, that is another issue. Others have done the same thing in the past and this web site does not tolerate it. Anytime software is pirated and placed here, AVSIM removes it immediately. Problem is Imagesim KATL is not on this web site. Whenever a designer pirates other developers work we do not need to wait on any type response. They know what they have done and it is you the buyer that needs to be aware that you are purchasing a airport that does not work. Imagesim hacked out of my FSX KATL 7,900 lines of coded XML and placed into their original download of KATL. They also needed some of the XML code out of my KLZU for their KATL to work. There is just one small problem. I fingerprint my code and when 7,900 lines of XML is hacked it will not work 100 percent in someone elses airport. Just because a airport may look good does not mean it will work properly when you or a AI Plane flys to the Payware airport you purchased.