Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flightsummer

MD-11 Normal Procedures and Checklist

Hello!I have made "Normal Procedures" on two pages and in three different versions also a "Normal Checklist" on one page. Each as .doc and .pdf file. If you like, search for " MD-11 Normal Procedures and Checklist " at AVSIM. Feedback desired.Have fun!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello!I have made "Normal Procedures" on two pages and in three different versions also a "Normal Checklist" on one page. Each as .doc and .pdf file. If you like, search for " MD-11 Normal Procedures and Checklist " at AVSIM. Feedback desired.Have fun!
Looks great! Don't see them in the library yet, but will certainly download them and give them a try when it's available. Danke!Tim

Sorry, but I just got an e-mail from AVSIM telling me: "There is no file Upload ID 257262 in our Library or Upload que. Perhaps there was a glitch when you uploaded. You will need to re-upload."And that I have done just now... :(

The look great, will give them a try. Thanks (bitte shurn?)
Danke sch

Looks good - but I can't find it in the library.
Its not in the Avsim library as of 1345 easten time. Jeffg

I am so sorry! But there were some problems with the AVSIM library server and also with my readme file (forgot the e-mail). Now I am still hoping that we will manage it within the next few hours...Here the last information I got at 07:32 pm UTC:"Here is some useful information about your upload:UploadID: 257367Name: MD-11 Normal Procedures and ChecklistSize: 182 kbMD5 sum: 285125598c4852a1ee2287c23fc3c451"And AVSIM wrote that the upload was successful...

I am so sorry! But there were some problems with the AVSIM library server and also with my readme file (forgot the e-mail). Now I am still hoping that we will manage it within the next few hours...Here the last information I got at 07:32 pm UTC:"Here is some useful information about your upload:UploadID: 257367Name: MD-11 Normal Procedures and ChecklistSize: 182 kbMD5 sum: 285125598c4852a1ee2287c23fc3c451"And AVSIM wrote that the upload was successful...
Hi,It's available now.Tim

Got them. Nice. The Quick, Standard and Hard versions is a nice idea. One thing though: I presume I have to load a certain panel state first? The cold and dark one?

I am so sorry!
You have nothing to apologise for. We thank you for the checklists :(

Jeroen,yes, it starts cold and dark and it ends cold and dark. You may also use "Before Start" or "After Start", or another panel, but then you have to check what needs to be completed.

I gave your procedures a try and it works like a charm. Until now I always started up in the transit situation from the first tutorial. I presumed starting with a cold and dark cockpit would be a lot more work, but I am surprised how little extra I have to do. Well, when I only do the things I HAVE to do... (loving that quick pdf tight now! :( ): Battery on, Emer PRW and Emer LT ARM, NAV light on and er.. that's it! 4 buttons/knobs and that's it: those are the only things I have to do which weren't covered in the first tutorial. Nice! Now I've done my first C&D to C&D flight and it wans't as hard as I thought it would be.I noticed that after landing you specifically mention to turn off the HI-INT light. You didn't mention it before take off! I suppose it's part of the EXT lights setup before take off (?) but I wondered why it's only mentioned specifically after landing.

They are normally turned on upon taxiing onto the active for takeoff or off after landing along with landing lights.

I noticed that after landing you specifically mention to turn off the HI-INT light. You didn't mention it before take off!
They're mentioned more specifically in the Normal Checklist. :( Iain Smith

I noticed that after landing you specifically mention to turn off the HI-INT light. You didn't mention it before take off!
Jeroen,you are right. I will correct that in the next update within a few days. First I wait, if other questions or improvement suggestions will come. My problem was the limit of two pages. It should become short and nevertheless useful...