Sign in to follow this  
niyoko

Capt.Sim 767...This was unexpected.

You don't have a clue at all and I have :( Cheers,
"But this is just speculation. Maybe they have more surprises up their sleeves" = "I don't have a clue"Yep. But the only thing more fun than actually having new airplane is idle speculation before it comes out. Unless it is gloating over your inside knowledge before the ignorant masses :-D EDIT: I noticed I dropped the indefinite article before "new airplane." Been spending too much time with Captain Sim. Still, is good airplane.

Hello,Nor would I expect Level-d in-depth System / Sub System capabilities from Captain Sim.

I still would not expect Captain Sim graphics on an LDS system; that's just not they way they roll.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

"But this is just speculation. Maybe they have more surprises up their sleeves" = "I don't have a clue"Yep. But the only thing more fun than actually having new airplane is idle speculation before it comes out. Unless it is gloating over your inside knowledge before the ignorant masses :-D EDIT: I noticed I dropped the indefinite article before "new airplane." Been spending too much time with Captain Sim. Still, is good airplane.
I don't talking about CS because there I don't have a clue either lol

André

Guest Mower
By and large, I'm quite happy with the 757. If the same old niggling problems like sound issues and vc night lighting are carried over, then yeah, that would not meet the expectation that things should evolve toward improvement as experience is gained.
Other issues like the FMC and fuel logic indicate a lack of attention to detail that does not instill confidence for the hardcore flight simmer. If such issues carry over then I shall pass and await the LDS version which *I KNOW* will not make those mistakes.

Hello,Nor would I expect Level-d in-depth System / Sub System capabilities from Captain Sim.
Actually, that's exactly what I meant. Turning on the cargo heat is the highlight of any flight for me, so you won't get an argument!

Hello,Guess it depends on what your looking for in an airliner. For me, pretty eye candy takes a back seat to System / Sub System accuracy. If I can have both System/Eye Candy, that's great, if not, I'll take System / Sub System, flight model accuracy every time.Guess that's just the way I roll. :(

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest Mower
Actually, that's exactly what I meant. Turning on the cargo heat is the highlight of any flight for me, so you won't get an argument!
Okay let's talk about the autopilot! :(
Hello,Guess it depends on what your looking for in an airliner. For me, pretty eye candy takes a back seat to System / Sub System accuracy. If I can have both System/Eye Candy, that's great, if not, I'll take System / Sub System, flight model accuracy every time.Guess that's just the way I roll. :(
Agreed: a sexy but empty headed blonde aint gonna take you the distance.

My autopilot works fine, as I have detailed in obsessive length elsewhere. It is inaccurate to say that the CS 757 has a non-functional autopilot. Since you want to talk about it, go ahead. What specifically does not work for you? Not "VNAV doesn't work." What part of a flight can you not complete in the CS 757 because the autopilot doesn't work?My 757 resents the implication that she is merely beautiful and has no brains. Ever see Hedy Lamarr? Know what she held the patent for? My 757 graduated from cosmetology school, and only went there because she THOUGHT it would let her fly into outer space. And if you can't see the advantage of having both an emtpy headed beautiful blonde and an, er, functional mature lady with a Ph.D, you should talk with some of our politicians. The bimbo will take you the distance, depending on what your destination is. (Example for illustrative purposes only. Not a reflection of personal morality!)

Mower, I've had a look at your posts here and in the unofficial CS forum hosted by Avsim.98% of them are just bashing Captain Sim B757.Aren't you tired harping on the same things?This is really boring and I ask you for the last time to stop posting in the 757/767 threads.If you have any disagreement with CS they have their own forum

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest SkullxBones

CS probably wasn't to happy from a sales standpoint to learn about LDS developing their own 757, so maybe the CS767 is a little bit of you step on my toes and I'll step on yours.

I suspect you may be onto something there. Of course we all know the 757 and 767 (and to some extent the 737 NG) benefit from shared technology and similar systems layouts, which was of course Boeing's attempt to rival the cockpit commonality that was such a feature of Airbus aircraft, in making pilot type transitions and ratings a little simpler with such similar designs. We too as simmers can enjoy those benefits, so it makes for an easy transition in the virtual type rating stakes as well, and is therefore only to be welcomed on that front at least.Naturally, this means that to some extent it is a 'no brainer' to develop the one if you have had a stab at the other (either way around). But as you note, there may indeed be a bit of 'one upmanship' going on, even if it is unlikely to be the main motivation. There is no doubt that CS and LDS will be acutely aware of the potential sales rivalry, and it is certainly a feather in the CS cap to demonstrate they can get a 757 and 767 out whilst LDS are still in limbo with the release of their long-promised 757. So 'anything you can do, we can do twice' may well be a mantra in the CS offices at the moment.One thing is for sure; there will be a lot of people wondering what CS have developed in the frame rate optimisation department, just as we'll be keen to see what LDS manage to pull out of the hat in the 'prettiness' stakes.This is shaping up to be an interesting contest.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest kwilson

It's a bit of wishful thinking to think the CS 767 will offer improved framerates over CS 757. The 767 will probably use much of the same gauges coding as the 757 which is probably one of the reasons CS decided to make a 767 (no need to completely recode the gauges). Did the Wilco Airbus Vol 2 (A330 etc) offer improved framerates over Vol 1 (A320 etc)?

LDS has been talking about their 757 since at least 2006, so I doubt Captain Sim's 767 is a direct response. I agree that it is a natural to put a lot of your 757 effort to use in a very similar airplane, and if they can sell a few more units with the vast majority of the development already under their belt, it makes a lot of sense. Same goes for Level D's 757. I also wonder how much they really see themselves in competition with Level D, since each airplane provides something the other lacks, and probably appeals to different markets. If the oblique references in this thread suggest that LDS is going to come out with a blow-your-socks off virtual cockpit, more power to them. It is going to be hard for most people to justify two 767s or two 757s, so I don't see a lot of customer base switching.I don't think Captain Sim wants to make a Level D 767 anyway, honestly, and the assumption that everybody is looking for 100% fidelity in sub-sub-system-sub-systems may not be correct. If Level D reaches the level of artistry with their airplane that Captain Sim does, it will be a Pyrrhic victory if frame rates plummet. Captain Sim pulls off some amazing artwork and must know a thing or two about working that into reasonable frame rates.I think in the end we'll have two airplanes pretty much recognizable as coming from their respective companies, both will make some more money, and not many minds will be changed. But if Captain Sim is thinking they're going to have a sharp stick to poke in Level D's eye, they are going to have to retool a bit and -- no insult to my friends at Captain Sim is intended -- be a little more sensitive to consumer expectations about things like a tutorial. So far, we've seen some excellent products from CS, but can anyone think of a real game-changer? What I mean is, we pretty much know what to expect from product to product. Nothing I've seen in the news release makes me think this is going to be something different than a 767 version of the 757. On the other hand, Level D hasn't made a C130, or a 727, or a 707, or a Space Shuttle, or fighters, etc. so I guess I would be less surprised by a surprise from them because they're due. They've certainly had a lot of time to stuff a number of fancy rabbits into their hat.

I can't wait to see what CS does with the 767. I have been hoping they would create something like this for a while.On a side note, I don't understand why so many people turn their noses up at the CS 757. I have it and find it to be very well done. The Ap works just fine on my end. The latest patch they put out really elevated the product, IMO.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I'm not so sure that fans of a particular aircraft would find it hard to justify buying two of the same type. I'm a huge fan of the 737; I have more of those for FS than you can shake a stick at... Wilco 737 Classics, Tin Mouse 737-200, PMDG 737 NG, Fifty North 737 Classics, Ariane 737 NG, E-Dimensional 737-200, Aerosim 737-200 ADV ... I have all of those and more, and if anyone else brings another one out, I'll be getting that too (i.e. get on with it PMDG!).All those 737 renditions have their relative ups and downsides, some are better than others, but there isn't one of them that I would say is perfect, and I'm under no illusion that the forthcoming PMDG 737 NG will be any different in that respect. I'm sure it will be very good, but PMDG aircraft have their faults too. So I tend to find that most FS add-on aircraft are worthy of consideration for one reason or another. Take, for example that Aerosim 737-200 ADV. Nobody is going to pretend that AeroSim's aeroplanes are the pinnacle of what you can get your hands on, but with AeroSim, if you want a 737 with an INS system, or a DC-8, or a Tristar, or a 747-100, or an FSX 777, then they are worthy of consideration.The same same goes for either CS or LDS; it depends what you want, and what fans of a particular aircraft will probably want, is both of them for their relative merits. A lot of people get unnecessarily partisan about add-on aeroplanes for FS, and I can never really understand that. If the 767 or the 757 was my favourite aeroplane, I'd buy both of them and be hoping a third one was on the way from somebody else too.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here