Sign in to follow this  
niyoko

Capt.Sim 767...This was unexpected.

as a cs 757 owner I am sort of ###### that they are touting this "new" feature of updatable navdata for the 767. what about us? i paid over $60usd for the 757 and do not fly it because the fmc is useless
HelloThe navdata in the 757 is fully updatablehttp://www.navigraph.com/www/fmsdata.asp

"CS is now asking for input on their forum as to what is needed for an SDK for the 757, seems their support is improving daily"I have posted my wish list on Captian Sim's forum (http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1246759974)I hope I will not be the only one showing interest in an SDK or at least the possibility of key mapping.Go on and make your own wishes known! :-)Gianluca

Guest PPSFA
as a cs 757 owner I am sort of ###### that they are touting this "new" feature of updatable navdata for the 767. what about us? i paid over $60usd for the 757 and do not fly it because the fmc is useless
You might want to actually check their forums before jumping to conclusions....http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1246588555For the record, I have 0 problems with the FMC and the 757 is one of my most flown planes.

I have installed your replacement textures for the 767 vc. Much better! If they get some 3D knobs and switches underneath them in their 757, they could give Captain Sim a run for their money in the graphics department, which would be a very interesting development. Anyway, you've done a lot of good work for the 767, and thanks. By the way, I have found something Level D does better on their vc than Captain Sim: the lights pushbuttons on the overhead visibly depress.Captain Sim has someone who has fixed the night lighting, but as yet they do not seem open to him sharing the fruits of his labor with the masses. Maybe we'll see "Improved Night Lighting" as a feature in their 767 lolI don't want anyone to have the impression I am in any way knocking the LDS 767. I think it is a great bird, and something special in flight simulation.McPhat is coming out with Ultra High Def paints for both the Captain Sim 757 and LDS 767, the former as payware. I am looking forward to those. (Although I confess to being confused by McPhat's website, what with all the "coming soons" and various payware and non-payware and WIPs. I know those guys are busy; just look how many Ejet liveries they made!)
Thanks Tim appreciated but you guys don't know what is coming those VC textures was child play compared to what I'm working on now (but it's LDS757 stuff)...Time will tell lol. In the mean time have fun...

André

Thankfully, I have said all I ever need to say about what works or doesn't in the Captain Sim 757 :-) People can say it doesn't have wings and won't get a peep out of me.For those still in the market for a 757, I am certain the Level D version will be worth a look. I already have two interesting takes on a very similar airplane and enjoy both.Now that I have my activation code for my Ariane 737-800 (which did indeed arrive within 48 yours (with seven hours to spare) I have new windmills at which to tilt. And, yes, I do have more airplanes than any one person can reasonably be expected to fly while maintaining a job, although as a State of Illinois employee, if my state government doesn't settle on a budget very soon, I may have a lot more free time on my hands, at least for awhile. The traditional pas de deux between the executive and legislative branches is just part of one of the more colorful political scenes in the English-speaking world.

McPhat is coming out with Ultra High Def paints for both the Captain Sim 757 and LDS 767, the former as payware. I am looking forward to those. (Although I confess to being confused by McPhat's website, what with all the "coming soons" and various payware and non-payware and WIPs. I know those guys are busy; just look how many Ejet liveries they made!)
Always, always, always busy Tim... ;) The Super 80's are up first, then the CS757's and then... who will tell? We started work on the LDS767, so I'd say Level-D is up then. But out of the 5 people working on the LDS kit, 3 are on vacation, and one is not starting till the 2nd of August, which leaves just one person working on the kit at the moment. On the other hand, we have a 85% finished PMDG 747 kit and a 75% finished PMDG MD11 kit as well...But, let's talk CS767. I bought it. I am like you. I also bought the LDS767, the Maddog 2006, the Coolsky Super 80 classic AND pro. By the way, I buy those, I do not ask them as a favor from the developers that make them. So even though we signed a deal with CS for their 757, the participating TA's, have a bought/paid for copy. Same with the CS767, it came out and I bought it. So did my fellow TA Nicolas and some others on my team.Why? Cause we like to look at pretty things. I don't care if the center fuel tank does not drain first as long as the real thing works like it is supposed to, when it takes me back from Miami to Amsterdam. I just want to play with pretty stuff, and make pretty stuff for pretty stuff, to make it even prettier. The LDS767 is ageing. Slowly, but she is. I think it is a good thing CS released theirs. There's not much releasin' going on lately, so I for one applaud every developer that does so. I like the CS767. It looks rockin. She's a looker, she's sexy and smoking hot. I never was fan of the 767, I always rooted for the 757, with her long legs, sleek body, big...ehm..engines and cute nose. Until a couple of years ago, when LDS released their 767. I came to love the rather unsexy robust looks, the way she leans backwards, instead of forward, her rather flat nose.. Everything.So thanks to LDS for introducing me to the 767 and thanks to CS for giving me the opportunity to run a good looking 767 for at least another 3 years.Now, go build me a Triple 7!

McPhat textures are something I have learned to look for when making a purchase, to be honest. They're just that good. Do you have any of the Ultra High Def stuff available for anything yet so I can see what it looks like? Wow I thought I was the only on that eroticized airplanes, and only because I live alone with my Yorkie due to work. Must be an artistic thing.My 757 has earned being a "she." Don't know that I feel the same way about any other airplane at the moment, although I've addressed a couple in more unflattering female terms lately.

McPhat textures are something I have learned to look for when making a purchase, to be honest. They're just that good. Do you have any of the Ultra High Def stuff available for anything yet so I can see what it looks like? Wow I thought I was the only on that eroticized airplanes, and only because I live alone with my Yorkie due to work. Must be an artistic thing.My 757 has earned being a "she." Don't know that I feel the same way about any other airplane at the moment, although I've addressed a couple in more unflattering female terms lately.
Lol Tim your not the only one calling the bird a she (ps don't tell my wife :()

André

My dearest, you have taken me above the clouds. The sounds you make when you are at full throttle thrill me to my bones (the neighbors have been complaining again!). When I think of all the beautiful places we've visited together... Washington D.C., Buenos Aires, the reflection of your body with the water slider turned up... I love you from your cute nose to your beautiful empennage. You are my refuge from the demands of work and family and I wouldn't trade our stolen hours together for anything.-- Mark Sanford(Just no emails like that for her to find and you ought to be okay.)

Thanks Tim appreciated but you guys don't know what is coming those VC textures was child play compared to what I'm working on now (but it's LDS757 stuff)...Time will tell lol. In the mean time have fun...
Andre - Glad to see that your work will be incorporated into the new LVLD757. I have your VC mod for the 767 and I am enjoying the fresh new look after flying in the original VC since its release for FSX. Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing the new bird and your work.Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Andre - Glad to see that your work will be incorporated into the new LVLD757. I have your VC mod for the 767 and I am enjoying the fresh new look after flying in the original VC since its release for FSX. Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing the new bird and your work.Robert
Thanks Robert actually I'm doing as full team member a bit more as textures only it's 3d stuff(3ds max + CS3 can make your dreams come true :( )It will be something you don't have seen yet in the FS world :( lol but time will tell.

André