Sign in to follow this  
pedemeyer

FEX vs. REX?

Hi there! :( I bought Flight Environment X some time ago, but as usual something new pops up the day after.Like this time.., Real Environment X. (And now there

Guest firehawk44
Hi there! :( I bought Flight Environment X some time ago, but as usual something new pops up the day after.Like this time.., Real Environment X. (And now there

Guest Hardwater

REX, and that is the overwhelming response your gonna get. Customer Service is the best I've seen, not that that you will need it because it is such a well thought out program. REX changes your FS experience and it is very frame rate friendly and in most cases improves FPS. You cannot go wrong.

REX, and that is the overwhelming response your gonna get. Customer Service is the best I've seen, not that that you will need it because it is such a well thought out program. REX changes your FS experience and it is very frame rate friendly and in most cases improves FPS. You cannot go wrong.
If you use GEX with UTX with UT2 or Vatsim with REX you will have the best sim ever. I am in simmers heaven with my setup right now.

i have owned both but i currently use REX. After waiting 22 months, i could not wait any longer for FEX to come out with the weather engine or airport environment updates. IMHO, some of the FEX clouds do look a little more realistic then similar REX clouds and the same goes for some of the water textures and animations but, i have been very happy with everything that REX offers and i will be downloading the update tonight. the choices for runways, taxiways, lighting, shy conditions, ETC is really nice and the interface is easy to use. REX is a total package, textures, weather, and flight planning. i would recommend it highly.

Yesterday, ASA by a block - today REX2 by a mile. Maurice.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Guest ShaneRay
I use GEX Enhanced and Active Sky Advanced so have little interest in FEX or REX at this time. I will be watching though how others react to the new REX, especially the HD textures. Lots of choices incoming!Best regards,Jim Young
I would have thought you'd have insterest in at least one of them. FEX, as an example, compliment GEX and ASA...completely different purposes...unless you're using Active Sky Graphics? Anyway, sorry, you're comment confused me a little :(Anyway, on topic...I've been happily using FEX along with ASA for a long time now, but I'll be (and have been) keeping an eye on REX to see if it's worth the purchase. I'm not convinced yet, so I'm interested in the reaction to the latest update as well.

REX!I've got both and in my opinion REX wins hands down for textures alone let alone the weather engine.Also bear in mind that FEX is unofficially dead in the water (assumed by me and many others due to no communications with any of the devs) whereas REX is just starting with lots more promised by Tim and Co. With REX you know you have lots to look forward to with updates etc

I have both and also got tired of waiting for FEX to update, so REX it is!It looks fantastic with FTX-Australia!

What I find strange about REX is that when I click on the store tab, it leads me to this other site that says the download, for 48 AUD is only 92 Megs (????)Now how can a 92 Meg version of REX compete with FEX in the Gigs???I am referring to this page here >> http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info...products_id=809Allen
Allen, it's actually 4.1GB download and installs to 7GB. Adrian is aware of this at the flightsimstore, and it will be updated.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Allen, it's actually 4.1GB download and installs to 7GB. Adrian is aware of this at the flightsimstore, and it will be updated.
Thats the info I was looking for :( Makes sense nowTHANK YOUAllen

I have both and also got tired of waiting for FEX to update, so REX it is!It looks fantastic with FTX-Australia!
Yes it does! :( Orbx is absolutly amazing!And lots of updates and freestuff.Great airports too.I