Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Real Air Beech Duke 60 version 1.5 released

Hmmm, I have no landing lights. Well, I can see them externally, but they cast no light on the runway from inside the cockpit!Really strange, they were working okay before v1.5 .Wilson

Anyone using the Precision Flight Controls Cirrus 2 console? When I move the prop levers,the throttles move with them? I have them individually assigned. Thanks, from Jim.
I am using with a full Cirrus II Cat II system and no problems. I am curious if there are any conflicting assignments within FSUIPC?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hmmm, I have no landing lights. Well, I can see them externally, but they cast no light on the runway from inside the cockpit!Really strange, they were working okay before v1.5 .Wilson
The landing lights are unchanged and are exactly the same as before V1.5. Please try un-installing then re-installing and if the same problem persists, please e-mail me at RealAir for instant support. That's why we have e-mail support.....to support you! Meantime, have you installed any third party addon which alters default lights?Regards,Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

The landing lights are unchanged and are exactly the same as before V1.5. Please try un-installing then re-installing and if the same problem persists, please e-mail me at RealAir for instant support. That's why we have e-mail support.....to support you! Meantime, have you installed any third party addon which alters default lights?Regards,Rob - RealAir
Rob, I wasn't asking for support. I responded here because of McCrash's earlier :( response above ^ . . .All other aircraft function normally. I have discovered that the lights are illuminating, but they are about 100 feet in front of the aircraft and 50 feet or so apart, both pointing in about 70 degrees. Very weird. Will try to get a screen capture.Wilson

Thanks for the reply's, I will check FSUIPC. Are there any issues with the RMI? Mine seems to be inop. Also issues with REX,and my airspeed going to zero,Yes I have pitot heat on.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Here is what I am talking about. The "lights" follow the aircraft down the runway.Default 172

Thanks for the reply's, I will check FSUIPC. Are there any issues with the RMI? Mine seems to be inop. Also issues with REX,and my airspeed going to zero,Yes I have pitot heat on.
Same here on the airspeed comment.Went to zero with pitot heat on ('pitot left' - using Saitek switch panel) and did not recover until about 500 feet. I am still looking into this due to my use of a Saitek switch panel and the correcponding auto-mapping of switches in VC (might not be setting a switch correctly through simconnect) but equally I never experienced this prior to 1.5.Rob this is just a comment at the momment not a request for support (still got to anlayse further).What I will say though is brilliant work in both the aircarft itself and the update - top marks :)OldBadgerEDIT: no REX for me but I was using ASA

RE the displaced landing lights, have you read the manual? its in there and Rob has already hinted what the problem is, it's probably REX or some other texture replacement program that changes the landing lights.Yes I am also seeing Pitot freezing and I do not own REX, Pitot heat seems totally ineffective whether switched on in the aircraft VC via switches or directly via key definitions.And as I mentioned earlier in the thread and never got a reply from anyone else with the same problem, the NAV lights do not illuminate until the left engine is running and the generator is switched on, seems like RA broke something in the process as this issue wasn't present in SP1 or the original release of this aircraft, I would have noticed instantly as I do a walk around before each flight :(

Cheers, Andy.

Are you using REX 2 textures? If so, in the 'lights' section of 'Themes' in REX, there is a specific set of aircraft lights titled 'Duke'. Install these.There is a known issue between the Duke and REX that this irradicates. I'm not sure of the technicalities, but I have read a post by Rob Young explaining why.Stuart

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I concur on the apparant Pitot Heat Switch problem. I was using ASA real weather, and it updated the cloud coverage on me to where I went from VFR to in the clouds. Airspeed indicator immediately went to zero, and I switched on the Pitot Heat. After 5 minutes, still zero airspeed. Switched on every other "heat" switch available then...after 10 more minutes, still zero airspeed. Airspeed indicator did not come back "alive" until I descended below the cloud cover during the final approach course.Never had this happen prior to v1.5. Can be repeated using ASA and going from "no clouds" to "in the clouds". Airspeed indicator will not come back until exiting the clouds or descending to a "higher temperature" zone, regardless of Pitot Heat Switch setting.

Rick Ryan

I concur on the apparant Pitot Heat Switch problem. I was using ASA real weather, and it updated the cloud coverage on me to where I went from VFR to in the clouds. Airspeed indicator immediately went to zero, and I switched on the Pitot Heat. After 5 minutes, still zero airspeed. Switched on every other "heat" switch available then...after 10 more minutes, still zero airspeed. Airspeed indicator did not come back "alive" until I descended below the cloud cover during the final approach course.Never had this happen prior to v1.5. Can be repeated using ASA and going from "no clouds" to "in the clouds". Airspeed indicator will not come back until exiting the clouds or descending to a "higher temperature" zone, regardless of Pitot Heat Switch setting.
Hi Chaps, It is possible that in getting the electrical load gauges to show more realistic current when using various electrical functions, we might have thrown up problems we didn't anticipate. I think the culprit might be the aircraft cfg electrics buss section. I will investigate this and hope to come up with a solution which we'll post on the website and also post here, if that is the case.The above might also be the explanation for lack of left nav lights when the engine is not running.The landing light beam problem is DEFINITELY not of our making but is likely to be because of other addon software which globally changes landing light beams. As I have pointed out many times here and this is also mentioned in our patch readme.txt, landing light anomolies can be fixed by using the patches of third party addons like REX 2 which specifically issue corrections, or being careful not to let some third party aircraft like the Cheyenne impose global lighting changes which affect other aircraft.Kind Regards,Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thanks, Andy and Stuart. REX was the problem.I normally use ASv6 for weather generation, but decided to try REX weather last night for the first time (after installing the v1.5 update, naturally). I clicked yes to the choice of having REX update the scenery, assuming that meant clouds and other environmental visual effects. I didn't know that it would update EVERYTHING, lol. Definitely going back to ASv6. I have learned my lesson.Wilson

Thanks, Andy and Stuart. REX was the problem.I normally use ASv6 for weather generation, but decided to try REX weather last night for the first time (after installing the v1.5 update, naturally). I clicked yes to the choice of having REX update the scenery, assuming that meant clouds and other environmental visual effects. I didn't know that it would update EVERYTHING, lol. Definitely going back to ASv6. I have learned my lesson.Wilson
Hi Wilson,How did you correct the REX/REX2 landing light problem , did you do a restore on the landing light only? Thanks, Bruce.

Hi Wilson,How did you correct the REX/REX2 landing light problem , did you do a restore on the landing light only? Thanks, Bruce.
Hi, Bruce.Yes, I just started REX and changed the landing lights to the setting developed specifically for the RealAir Duke.I just went into Lighting and changed to the specific setting for the RealAir Duke. You must have the latest version to have this as one of the options.I may have to go in and make other changes, as well. I don't know what else got messed up by REX.Wilson