Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Real Air Beech Duke 60 version 1.5 released

Has anyone else noticed in 1.5 how the Nav light no longer switch on until the left engine and generator are switched on, or is this just me?

Cheers, Andy.

Guest abulaafia

Rob, thanks for listening to users and putting so much work into updates. I really mean this: there are very very few developers left who really do listen and improve planes after release! Martin

Hi Geof,How does the Duke compare to the Baron for performance, range, etc.?Thanks, Bruce.
I have no real experience in a Duke but from the performance charts at 6000 ft. where I normally fly my Baron it is identical-tas 186 knts and 18.6 gallons hr. (which is about 5 more than the baron) on a standard day. However, if you take it up to 26,000 it looks like you get the best performance of 226 knts, 18.6 gallons an hour. The range looks like about 800-900 nm at 75% power which is the only chart I saw.

I have no real experience in a Duke but from the performance charts at 6000 ft. where I normally fly my Baron it is identical-tas 186 knts and 18.6 gallons hr. (which is about 5 more than the baron) on a standard day. However, if you take it up to 26,000 it looks like you get the best performance of 226 knts, 18.6 gallons an hour. The range looks like about 800-900 nm at 75% power which is the only chart I saw.
Thanks Geof.

I don't think the Baron and Duke are directly comparable. Duke-turbo charged and pressurized. Baron-not and not. Duke--high altitude and fast. Baron, not so much. The Duke is a Corvette, the Baron a basic Chevy Malibu by comparison.

I don't think the Baron and Duke are directly comparable. Duke-turbo charged and pressurized. Baron-not and not. Duke--high altitude and fast. Baron, not so much. The Duke is a Corvette, the Baron a basic Chevy Malibu by comparison.
The Duke also has the worst reputation I have ever heard of any airplane of being in the shop more than in the air-so that makes the Baron maybe more a Cadillac. :( The nice thing for me though, if I fly it at 65% power settings at 6000 ft. then it performs just like a Baron-though I would prefer Real Air or someone would do a Baron for fsx-sorely needed!

The Duke also has the worst reputation I have ever heard of any airplane of being in the shop more than in the air-so that makes the Baron maybe more a Cadillac. :( The nice thing for me though, if I fly it at 65% power settings at 6000 ft. then it performs just like a Baron-though I would prefer Real Air or someone would do a Baron for fsx-sorely needed!
LOL! Geofa. Luckily the simulated version spends no time in the shop and lots of time in the air! But I hear you....you want a Baron. Out antennae are always fully extended and we do constantly assess what potential demand there is. We like to design stuff that isn't already available at the time of starting a project, including default aircraft. But between one and two years full time work is a big risk unless we can be reasonably sure of paying the rent. I quite like the default Baron - low res but functions ok, airfile/flight model tweakable, and very high frame rates. Maybe someone will come up with a higher-res model one day.All the best,Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I was on the "Fence" with this one but looks like I'll be definately purchasing after reading of the 1.5 update.VC raindrops! :( NICE!!!!!

Chris Camp

I was on the "Fence" with this one but looks like I'll be definately purchasing after reading of the 1.5 update.VC raindrops! :( NICE!!!!!
Get off the dang fence. Like Robert kind of says, RealAir never bothered to model the TBO hours or other limitations of our lovely duke.

Further to Geofa: The Duke reminds me of a girl friend I once enjoyed, many years ago. Extremely high maintenance, but when she was running right the ride was worth every penny. :(

Further to Geofa: The Duke reminds me of a girl friend I once enjoyed, many years ago. Extremely high maintenance, but when she was running right the ride was worth every penny. :(
:( :(

LOL...I can surely relate to that! :(

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Raindrops: AMAZING. Just took the Duke on a ride over Korsika, with GEX Europe, REX clouds and ASA set to allow 20 cloud layers, flew her from the south to the north through light rain and it felt like being there. These tiny raindrops add so much to the immersion (they even show proper movement when the speed is above taxiing speed).Have I said that I had 30+fps throughout the flight with AA and dense autogen, screen size 3360x1050? :-)

Yeah the rain is well done and I think the drops better represent actual flying.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

LOL! Geofa. Luckily the simulated version spends no time in the shop and lots of time in the air! But I hear you....you want a Baron. Out antennae are always fully extended and we do constantly assess what potential demand there is. We like to design stuff that isn't already available at the time of starting a project, including default aircraft. But between one and two years full time work is a big risk unless we can be reasonably sure of paying the rent. I quite like the default Baron - low res but functions ok, airfile/flight model tweakable, and very high frame rates. Maybe someone will come up with a higher-res model one day.All the best,Rob - RealAir
Robert,If that someone was you, I'd be willing to buy it as an add-on. Would using the default model as a base be a violation of copyright though?