Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Texture flickering / flashing

Hi, I am new to this forum thing so appologies, but thought I should share what I did. Had the same problem. Panning around the VC of the JS41 was terrible and I though I would not fly it again. (Still flew nice just did my head in with grey/blue translucent blocks everywhere). I Never had it after install and flew for ages, then one day it just started and got worse and worse until it showed up on every occassion the plane was loaded.I had not added or changed anything to do with the plane, FSX or the computer. I read that it is something in the icing setup that causes this in some copies of the plane. I have turned off all the icing in the config manager and left everything else at high settings. Not had the problem since.Hope this helpsAndy
Thanks Andy I will try that.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

What other addons are you running concurrently with the J41? I'd love to be able to find out why this happens to only a small subset of J41 users. I have never seen it myself and neither has anyone else on the dev or test teams.My gut feeling is that this is similar to the "skeleton" certain people see with the 400X - FSX's internal resource management is getting overloaded somehow and that makes the sim do strange things like this.Just last night I was testing with the -8 over FTX Seattle with 100% Ultimate Traffic 2 and I very very quickly completely saturated my video card's memory and started to see the model do weird things ala the skeleton.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan,Well, as you mentioned it, I have both blue rectangles and 8i doing that skeleton thing. Though rectangles happen only sometimes, skeleton is there almost always.What I have in the config are couple of addons, which indeed load the FSX with various features and make it much heavier than it already is. Those count as UTX, REX2, GEX, some heavy addon airports etc. This skeleton thingy though happened also when I was at level flight over Atlantic yesterday, but after a second, it would already load a whole model, it would never leave it at that.JS41 on that matter happened more often at the tutorial flight, that is why I never managed to finish it yet. Didn't change to lower model yet...Also to mention that I have couple of tweaks, which have proven not directly connected to PMDG, are LOD_RADIUS=6.500000 and Poolsize=0, where BP=0 is being tested extensively lately. Rectangles in JS41 happened on completely vanilla fsx.cfg.You know what I noticed that on screenshots of 8i or JS41, there is often very basic scenery and I don't see any advanced addons. I could also say that this might be true with "overloading" of FSX engine. But where do we point the finger now? At a specific addon or just the whole game? You know what I wanna say...? Why would you then even develop for FSX further if addons can be added only to the vanilla FSX and only like that they function properly?Another point of view is, that even one of the strongest machines today, it seems not possible to load everything in it.Anyway, I feel strongly apalled by the whole thing, and I actually already think it was a really bad decision to buy JS41 and 8i, since flying them is almost impossible. Weird thing for examle, it doesn't happen with LVLD or my F1 Fokker.

Guest sharky701
Hi Ryan,Well, as you mentioned it, I have both blue rectangles and 8i doing that skeleton thing. Though rectangles happen only sometimes, skeleton is there almost always.What I have in the config are couple of addons, which indeed load the FSX with various features and make it much heavier than it already is. Those count as UTX, REX2, GEX, some heavy addon airports etc. This skeleton thingy though happened also when I was at level flight over Atlantic yesterday, but after a second, it would already load a whole model, it would never leave it at that.JS41 on that matter happened more often at the tutorial flight, that is why I never managed to finish it yet. Didn't change to lower model yet...Also to mention that I have couple of tweaks, which have proven not directly connected to PMDG, are LOD_RADIUS=6.500000 and Poolsize=0, where BP=0 is being tested extensively lately. Rectangles in JS41 happened on completely vanilla fsx.cfg.You know what I noticed that on screenshots of 8i or JS41, there is often very basic scenery and I don't see any advanced addons. I could also say that this might be true with "overloading" of FSX engine. But where do we point the finger now? At a specific addon or just the whole game? You know what I wanna say...? Why would you then even develop for FSX further if addons can be added only to the vanilla FSX and only like that they function properly?Another point of view is, that even one of the strongest machines today, it seems not possible to load everything in it.Anyway, I feel strongly apalled by the whole thing, and I actually already think it was a really bad decision to buy JS41 and 8i, since flying them is almost impossible. Weird thing for examle, it doesn't happen with LVLD or my F1 Fokker.
Hi All,I have this artifact only when I use Tracker Ir Version 5. I don't know if anyone else using Tracker Ir is having the same problem. I am using DX9 and almost all of the sliders maxed out. Below is my system:William CampbellAsus Crossfire III MotherboardAMD 965 C3 (125 watt) black edition 3.4 GHZ @ 3.6 GHZ8 Gig of Gskill PC12800 RamATI 5870 Video card with 1 Gig DDR5 Ram2-Hitachi 1 Terabyte, 32mb Cache Hard Drives in Raid1-WD 300 GIG VelociRaptor Hard DriveCreative Labs SupremeFX X-FI Sound CardWindows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit Operating System

Guys, I wanted to chime in again: even now with the HIGHMEMFIX from Bojote, I still often get those rectangles in JS4100. I *still* have to user lower quality.Please address this if possible.

Word Not Allowed,Might have something for you to test if you're interested, need to talk to Vin about it though. We're issuing an SP2 for the J41 soon and I want to make sure we get this - we think we know what it is. Send me an email so that I have your address for sending something to once I have it from Vin.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,This is really promising news with regard to the flashing texture issue...I hope this can indeed be solved. Keep up the good workRegardsCraig Sells

Craig Sells

We're issuing an SP2 for the J41 soon and I want to make sure we get this - we think we know what it is. Send me an email so that I have your address for sending something to once I have it from Vin.
That's excellent news. This is really an annoyance - when it happens, which isn't on every flight in my case.

Word Not Allowed,Might have something for you to test if you're interested, need to talk to Vin about it though. We're issuing an SP2 for the J41 soon and I want to make sure we get this - we think we know what it is. Send me an email so that I have your address for sending something to once I have it from Vin.
Hey, good news :-)Hope that will be solved soon.Best regardsKai Bock

Guest westwind

I hope this helps, I have found that changing the bufferpool size in fsx.cfg helps to reduce/remove the flickering, I'am still testing and can not offer any settings as I think bufferpools are different depending on how much memory you have on your GPU.

Greetings gentlemen,I can add my name to those experiencing the visual abberations as described. Yes, a flickering nuisance. I only acquired my J41 yesterday and am at the stage of working through the tutorial. I got to the threshold of R34 where my deteriorating graphics basically fell apart completely, requiring FSX to be restarted, just at the point of take off. I admit that I did ALT-TAB back to the desktop not long before in order to consult the AOM, and this appeared to make matters worse. I have yet to troubleshoot the issue. What I can say is that I have a modestly high-spec system, and yes it is overclocked but as a computer tech in a previous life I can tell you its the sweetest, most stable system I have ever built and I experience no abberations of any kind with any other software. Anyway, pleasing to see Ryan involved and I am sure this discussion will eventually turn out productive for everyone. So far I have to say that I think this simulation is a veritable masterpiece and I look forward to hours of stimulating and educational fun on it. One of my best pals (we were on the same 10-week CPL course at Motueka Flying School near Nelson, New Zealand in 1992), flew one for a living before converting to the Metro. Sadly he then killed himself and his FO while carrying out an enroute wing-tank to wing-tank fuel balancing exercise in the cruise (20,000 ft) that was way outside company policy (i) excessive bank/rudder used (ii) AP inadvertently left ON (iii) night op. The a/c snapped out of full rudder deflection when the AP survos reached their limits and a/c quickly exceeded Vne and disintegrated in several balls of fire. Its why I like to fly a simulator. How about you? Regards,GarethLEAL (retired) Win 7 64 - ASUS PQ5 Turbo - Intel 8600 OC to 4.0Ghz - 4Gb OCZ Reaper DDR2 @ 1066 - GeForce GTX 260 768Mb - couple of Barracuda drives - ANTEC Gaming case. At this particular OC this chip runs very cool on air) REX - UT2 - UTX - FSG mesh

Greetings gentlemen,I can add my name to those experiencing the visual abberations as described. Yes, a flickering nuisance. I only acquired my J41 yesterday and am at the stage of working through the tutorial. I got to the threshold of R34 where my deteriorating graphics basically fell apart completely, requiring FSX to be restarted, just at the point of take off. I admit that I did ALT-TAB back to the desktop not long before in order to consult the AOM, and this appeared to make matters worse. I have yet to troubleshoot the issue. What I can say is that I have a modestly high-spec system, and yes it is overclocked but as a computer tech in a previous life I can tell you its the sweetest, most stable system I have ever built and I experience no abberations of any kind with any other software. Anyway, pleasing to see Ryan involved and I am sure this discussion will eventually turn out productive for everyone. So far I have to say that I think this simulation is a veritable masterpiece and I look forward to hours of stimulating and educational fun on it. One of my best pals (we were on the same 10-week CPL course at Motueka Flying School near Nelson, New Zealand in 1992), flew one for a living before converting to the Metro. Sadly he then killed himself and his FO while carrying out an enroute wing-tank to wing-tank fuel balancing exercise in the cruise (20,000 ft) that was way outside company policy (i) excessive bank/rudder used (ii) AP inadvertently left ON (iii) night op. The a/c snapped out of full rudder deflection when the AP survos reached their limits and a/c quickly exceeded Vne and disintegrated in several balls of fire. Its why I like to fly a simulator. How about you? Regards,GarethLEAL (retired) Win 7 64 - ASUS PQ5 Turbo - Intel 8600 OC to 4.0Ghz - 4Gb OCZ Reaper DDR2 @ 1066 - GeForce GTX 260 768Mb - couple of Barracuda drives - ANTEC Gaming case. At this particular OC this chip runs very cool on air) REX - UT2 - UTX - FSG mesh

Hi all, I don't know if this is going to help anybody, I hope so, but I discovered I had 'light bloom' enabled in FSX. I disabled it, checked all my FSX settings, restarted FSX to save everything, loaded the Beech 58 at my old home-town airport (EGHH), and loaded the J41 Tutorial flight. Suddenly everything was 100% - no more flickering or any other graphic disturbances. I got airborne this time but somehow I lost my flightplan as the FMC decided to shut itself down (human intervention is definitely suspected) but I was able to handfly it and get a feel of this plane. Dead impressed. So now it's time to get serious about learning the systems and mastering this little beastie. What a piece of software engineering. Congratulations Team PMDG and sorry for the false alarm. I hope you guys get your probs sorted. In case it's of interest, on my system I have -[bufferPools]PoolSize=350000000Regards,Gareth WilkinsonLEAL