Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Texture flickering / flashing

Haha, you're riight I can't. I even became inpatient myself wink.gif

Well.........I see I'm not alone in the flicker club so hopefully someday there will be a fix.Seems like a nice aircraft though.Cheers,Steve Rapp

Include me in the flicker club as well! Seems to be more widespread than first believed. I use ALT-ENTER to get back to desktop but that doesn't stop it. I look forward to the SP. Iain Smith

I also experience this, I even changed system with a complete update reinstall the whole lot. I was in email contact about a year ago with Ryan and he said there would be a patch when the NGX was released, as somebody else has said they didn't realise how long that would take. I am concerned as we get closer to release of NGX will it happen with that aircraft I hope not. I have used the ******* config tool and in heavy scenery and maxed out sliders get between 15 and 25 FPS but the JS41 still corrupts strangely only if I go back into the menu once I have started the flight. I was going to add a screenshot but what is described already meets exactly the same problem I am experiencing. My system is a Packard Bell I7.860 at 2.8GHz with an ATi HD5570 and 6Gb of RAM, my previous system was an AMD system I cannot remember the spec but it had a Geforce GTX 250 both had the same issues only with the JS41. Hopefully a fix will be forthcoming and the NGX will not be affected. Regards Dave Borehamflabberjabber@btinternet.com

Dave Boreham

A re-load of the aircraft has worked for me a couple of times. It's an odd one as I only see this maybe 1 flight in 20.

Tried using the JS41 config and set to medium but still the same, I will just have to wait, such an excellent aircraft it is frustrating not being able to utilise it. This time it failed from the initial selection. FPS was good though average of 25 sat at Gary Summons Glasgow, Dave Boreham

Dave Boreham

Just to support the others, I too am having the same problem. The continuous flashing of the translucent panels makes it too hard on my eyes to continue flying the aircraft. Because the flashing rectangles are translucent the instruments can be seen and there is also an outside view. However not only do the panels flash, they migrate from one section of the VC to another. Each is roughly about 15-20% of the screen, and there can be two or three at a time. I will try the icing remedy and let you know how it goes. For me however the aircraft is at the moment unusable because of this visual problem.

Well, Well An immediate fix. I went into the Configurator, removed my check marks from icing, (now have two settings with props and passengers but no icing effects). Restarted FSX, used a default to load over, and all is well. Therefore if those preparing the SP2 could check this link, hopefully cure the bug, or rewrite that part of the code, then all will be well again. It would be more realistic to be able to see as well as feel the effects of ice, so for the many of us this fix would be appreciated. Of course it is right at the moment, hopefully unlike others above it does not return.

Hi there, The flickering started for me last night; noticed that prior to that, Windows (7 pro) had installed an "essential" update. I just rolled back my system to the state before this update and now there's no more flickering. 'Don't know if this is any useful information, but I hope it helps. Cheers, Willem Anema.

I purchased the J41 the other day and was fine until I tried the turorial save - then getting large flickering white boxes across the screen. As others mentioned here setting it up to not have icing effects cured the problem. It'd be nice to have the icing but I guess you can't have it all!

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

The Icing is purely visual as far as I know...so maybe just put a little dry ice around your monitor to simulate it "outside" the simulator! Haha. As for the SP2 i'd be nice if some PMDG folks swung by the Turbo forum here to give us a heads up.

Got the same trouble - triangles from the centre of screen. Also noticed. that VC more stable w/out TrackIr 5.1Suggestion, that something wrong with TrackIr+PMDG J41 connectionVisualisation of rudder pedals also strange. They tremble (in VC) when i move pedals WIN764Ult, PhenomII - 6 1075, Radeon 6990So i don't think, that my hardware is sorce of problem

Visualisation of rudder pedals also strange. They tremble (in VC) when i move pedals
Take a peek at your rudder pedal inputs in the Windows Game Controller interface...move 'em around and observe for any spikes. Unfortunately, lots of dust, grim, goop down there on the floor and they don't always have the highest quality bits and pieces.