Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Texture flickering / flashing

Hello, i recently boaught the j41+fs2crew button adon and it is great. exept the flashing texture thing. i also have this problem from time to time.i noticed that it stops when i pauze my trackir. and comes back when i turn my trackir on again. turning down the panel resulution in the configuration manager doesn't seem to help. loading a deafult fsx plane first than loading the j41 does seem to help but i have to test this for a longer flight time. i read somewhere that in order to load fsx properly fsx had to load the deafult flight over friday harbour with the ultra light.i'll quote this statement below. " FSX actually loads whatever aircraft you have set as the default in the background while the sim loads. When the default flight is another complex aircraft (or even a different livery of the same one you're trying to load), it confuses FSX's internal panel state system and can result in numerous strange errors such as but not limited to:

• The FMS not turning on
  • Other aircraft systems not powering up
  • Engine shutdown after turning the pumps off

To ensure that you have the correct default start up configuration, please check for the following:

1. If running Windows Vista or Windows 7, Right Click on the FSX Icon and select "Run as Administrator" from the drop down menu. This will ensure that FSX is loaded with proper administrative privileges.
  2. Start FSX and select Free Flight. Check that the default AirCreation Trike ultralight at Friday Harbor is displayed. If it is not, you need to shut down FSX, open your FSX.cfg file (located at C:\Users\(Your User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX in Windows Vista or 7 or C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX in Windows XP) in Notepad and run a search for "SITUATION" - a line should be found under the [uSERINTERFACE] section of the cfg - this is the current default flight. Simply delete this whole line from and save the file. This will reset the default flight to the Trike at Friday Harbor.
  3. Once you have ensured that you have the correct default flight showing in the Free Flight window, you may proceed with loading the J41 from Free Flight by pressing Fly Now, which will load it at the selected airport with the engines running. From there you can load saved flights from within the sim. (this is due to the FSX quirk mentioned in the manual - do not try to load a saved J41 flight directly from Free Flight, it will cause problems - you must load the sim first)"

I havent tried this my self jet. hope it helps cause it is realy annoying.

hmm well tried the default plane at startup, but still i occasionally have this flickering. most of the time it starts when reloading a flight. It has been a year since they promised us a sp2 i wonder if they will ever release it.

I also get the issue with the flashing triangles in the VC if I load the JS41 from FSX, or if I load the cessna and then change it. However, I've found that if you load the tutorial flight straight from Windows without loading FSX, e.g. Browse to the relevant directory and double click on the JS41 tutorial flight I don't get this issue. I can then move to anywhere in the world, set time and date and it works fine for me.. Might be worth a shot? Cheers,Andy

Hi, just purchased this last night and having the same issues (flashing blue triangles from the center) sometimes rectangles, etc. Hope a fix is forthcoming... I'll disable the icing feature to see if that helps. Eric H

Join the Club Bill, we've been waiting for a long time to hear of an update that will resolve this issue. Hopefully now that the NGX is out, they will pay a little more attention to this problem.

I had this on occasion... it went away when I tried to save a flight and then returned to flying. Pressing ESC (as if you're ending the flight) and then continuing to fly may fix it, but haven't tried.

Word Not Allowed, Might have something for you to test if you're interested, need to talk to Vin about it though. We're issuing an SP2 for the J41 soon and I want to make sure we get this - we think we know what it is. Send me an email so that I have your address for sending something to once I have it from Vin.
What ever happened to this "issuing an SP2 soon"?

I had this on occasion... it went away when I tried to save a flight and then returned to flying. Pressing ESC (as if you're ending the flight) and then continuing to fly may fix it, but haven't tried. What ever happened to this "issuing an SP2 soon"?
this was posted a year a go...

I just posted a question on this as it relates to the B1900C, and perhaps the same issue is as described in this post. I noticed that several have said to set the set the resolution down. Could someone please specify which resolution to set down to help this out. Is it Global Texture in the Graphics Tab? Please let me know and thanks in advance, as I would love to resolve this if possible. Thanks Bob LeBoeuf

I have recently purchased the JS41. An excellent aircraft but I too have this extreme flickering/flashing problem that has now become constant and making it unflyable. I have followed the topic and noted that a PMDG response last April indicated a service pack that would include a fix. Can you please tell me if this is available or progressing, I see no further reference to it.Thank youRob

Hi I had this problem to and experiment with swapping plane without restart fsx nothing help , but what does work to me is going to options untick antilising go back to vc and problem is gone then turn back antising and that,s it . Try it and perhaps will work for you too I am sure it has nothing to do with hardware it has something with texture vc and fsx but must say I love this plane especially with fscrew voice . I run al in max in manager coz I bought this plane to see rain and ice so turn it off no solution for me I could have fly cesna . Cheers petr

HI. For texture flickering - i've got this problem, as i sad before. And I found, that texture flicering appears only with TrackIR in 3D and fullscreen mode. For window mode its ok, but for some reason i don't like window mode. Developers - i like this plane and ready to buy it again, but do something to solve this problem please... You've got 737NGX - magnificent plane, but J41 + ORBX... it's a miracle, but these flicking triangles.... Do something))

Hi I have same set up track IR 5 as well ,and ezdoc I don't know what to blame but untick antilising in fsx and then tick it again won't come back in that flight again . Just try it takes 10 second no need to restart.

I had the exact same problem but found my cpu overclock to be the root cause. Reduced my oc a bit and voila the artifacts disappeared. Try it out..