Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Texture flickering / flashing

Yes, using the DX10 mode did it for me too.
DX 10 prevents the flickering in the J41, but give me a big drop in framerate and some annoying flickering in the scenery.:( Eric

Guest pgrunt
DX 10 prevents the flickering in the J41, but give me a big drop in framerate and some annoying flickering in the scenery.:( Eric
I can't see the framerate hit but some add-on sceneries are not DX10 compatible, and some of the aircraft lights would not show either.Default runway textures are flickering sometimes but only around the threshold. These two are known FSX bugs.I say It's much better than flickering in the cockpit. A trade-off. :(

I have to say I'm with you guys with this freaking flickering. Was doing a flight from Bremen to Frankfurt, and as soon as it started to rain, the flickering started in VC. Move away from VC, and you don't see the problem. PMDG has always come through in the past with service packs that have resolved other issues since FS9. I don't think it will be any different this time around, although it might take a little time. Unlike other developers I rather not mention, I'm confident that PMDG will do the right thing.

I don`t think that there will be a patch. This issue is very old ...Those who did not have the flickering are the lucky winners. :(

The patch will be out, but NGX is first in line. The problem is that releasing NGX take a little longer than expected wink.gif

I too am getting the flickering... But never when I first start the simulation (so far). It has always happened when I ALT-TAB BACK into the cockpit. In other words; if I ALT-TAB out of FSX to start an ACARS program, for example, and then ATL-TAB back in. That's when the flickering starts. It appears as though it is something with the refreshing of the screen in the VC. The flickering for me are squares that seem to cycle around the four quadrants of my screen, no matter where I pan while I am in the cockpit. If I switch to any other view it goes away completely.The odd thing is that if I ALT-TAB back out again, and then back in, it will sometimes stop. Further, it appears that this becomes more successful if I start another program such as IE, minimize it, and then ALT-TAB back in to cockpit (for example, last night I had the flickering and was dealing with it as I was in the middle of a VatSim flight. I ALT-TABBED and started IE to go to myairplane.com to get some charts. When I ALT-TABBED back in the flickering went away, to my relief). Very odd...As one said earlier... "I hope this bug gets squashed". I am growing very fond of the JS41 the more I use it and it is the first plane, I believe, that will finally wrench me away from 2D panels.Thanks!Robert ShepherdWindows 7 Ultimate x64FSX w AccelerationCore2Quad Q96508GB Corsair XMSXFX NVidia GeForce 260 Black Edition

Have you tried using ALT-ENTER instead. I haven't had any of those 'funny' issues since I stopped using ALT-TAB, (your milage may vary).

I am sad that it doesn't work for me, and since my post have spent a lot of time looking for one I read not to long ago. There was mention of it being a possible future fix, but think it was stated to be still worked on but again, can't find the post so not sure which points to emphasize. I was very disappointed I was one of the ones that had the artifacts, but since I would only see the effect if I wasn't following proper procedures, knew it was something I wouldn't see often if at all if it were working. Anyway, I still hope a fix comes eventually, but it is the only issue so won't want a return just because of it.
hii recently installed js41 on wins 7,and i have noticed these artifacts in a few airports now,never had this problem with my older system,it is kinda irritating,and i am looking for a solution to this problem as well,i would not like to lower the settings considering i spent a lot of money to install the latest hardware and gtx 590 and was just starting to enjoy the high resolution i am getting ,only now to discover i may have to fly with lower settings hope it works because this aircraft is such a pleasure to fly aroundany other solutions would be welcomeregardsvivek

We all have it, PMDG is aware of it and will fix it in SP.