Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Texture flickering / flashing

Hi,Just adding my case here. Don't want this issue to fade. In my setup I have discovered that the issue can be triggered by other graphics apps happening in the background. VATSpy is a key player here. Sometimes by app switching from FSX and using the app will bring on the aberations, and can often be used to restore it. Kind of odd.I am also wondering if the thing that is causing is the rain effect in the Virtual Cockpit. Seems the only graphics related thing supported by PMDG and not by any other vendor. I also noticed the shading and texturing looks very similar.That's my contribution.Russell Diehl

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue. It usually occurs for me when I load the aircraft at Heathrow (Aerosoft version). I use TrackIR 4 (software version 4.1.037) as well. The only way I can get rid of it after it occurs is by restarting FSX. I have seen this phenomenon before (or at least something similar) with Blueprint's KMEM - any aircraft. I also use PFE. I've monkeyed around with my BP settings and what not, but haven't turned off icing - why would I? - it's way cool, and part of the reason I purchased the JS4100.Specs: W7 64 bit, FSX SP2, AMD Phenom II 3.1GHz, Asus M4A77TD, 8 GB DDR3 MEM, NVidia 250 GTS 1 GB

Hey Word Not Allowed, have you ever purchased a new car? If so, was it flawless? How about a new aircraft (a real one)? If so, was it without any "bugs"?Ron Musick

Hi, im having this problem as well, and it is really a shame because the first time i played the tutorial i felt this is it! The micro-managing operation of a plane like this (the prop rpm is one example) is really something that i favour a lot. Anyway i found a semi-/temporary fix to this: when doing the tutorial for J41 (and MD11 as well) i saw that alt-tabbing was not always working to get fsx in full screen and it seemed to make the flickering textures problem appear. When i instead alt-enter to make fsx into windowed mode it doesn't happen nearly as often, im quite sure even that i haven't experienced it while doing just that.My two cents.

Hey Word Not Allowed, have you ever purchased a new car? If so, was it flawless? How about a new aircraft (a real one)? If so, was it without any "bugs"?Ron Musick
Yes, in fact, I bought a new Mazda 6 just recently. And depending what you see as flawless, everything works as DESIGNED. There are no flaws to its operation, or in another word, I can use it up to its full potential. Here and there a small bug, if it even could be called a bug, but I guess everything has those. If you are referring to the defect JS41 has, then it's not comparable. At all.

May i ask how you thought this would be relevant to the discussion?

Hi Folks,sadly I have also the problem of the artifacts appearing in the VC, not everytime but often !As my System is not one of the high end range (Core2Duo E8500 , Nvidia 9800GT) I cannot believeit is any kind of "overload" (comparing other affected users and their high-end-computers here).It may be a hint, but all grafic-errors suggestet with these artifacts seems to be related to the center of the screen.Any artifact has a symetry to either the middle of the monitor-x-axis or the center-pixel (x- and y-axis).But hopefuly I saw, that PMDG is aware of the problem and has an idea of the cause. I really love the ice-effectsand I'm always racing against the warning panel by cheking the wings visauly for Icing...Let me know, if I can help in anyway to solve this.PMDG: this is still your best productRegards,Stephan Siebertz

Hi,

What other addons are you running concurrently with the J41? I'd love to be able to find out why this happens to only a small subset of J41 users. I have never seen it myself and neither has anyone else on the dev or test teams.
bought the J41 during the Aerosoft sales event last weekend and i', experiencing the same issue (light blue polygons flashing in the VC but in no other view). Really annoying. What type of information may i provide to help you guys to narrow it down?My System:- Win 7 Pro x64- 6 GB RAM- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285- Intel Core i7 960 (3.2 GHz, not overclocked)- Higmem and Steelbuffer fixes appliedkind regardsjan

Yes, I experience the issue as well.Sometimes it's there, another time it's not. When it's there it's always apparent right from the start and will stay during a session/flightand when it's not there from the start it will not appear during a flight/session. when switching back to VC view (from an outside aircraft view) the windows will appear blue for a second as well)usingmatrox triplehead togonvidea gtx480 i7 980

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Ryan,What happened to the whole deal to send me something to try it out?I PMed you but never heard anything back from you.

No news about this topic since one month ?I would like to offer my help for testing etc. Please let me know ...

I too have this issue. As a temporary measure while eagerly awaiting the promised service pack update, I disabled aircraft self shadowing, and that seems to do the trick for now.I just did two flights, Detroit Metro KDTW to Sawyer Int. KSAW and Isle of Man EGNS to London City EGLC with FS2Crew Voice Commander Edition, without any recurrance.Despite the above limitation, the J41 is a fantastic product and is currently my favourite FSX add-on aeroplane.

Regards,

PD

I think I would be nice that PMDG release this patch soon. Or give us some informations :(

Our suggestion is to open the configuration manager and select the Medium Version of the VC if you are experiencing this problem. It appears as if this problem has to do with the rain effects, so until we offer an option to have all the effects except rain, the medium version is the next best option.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

YesBut I've you a release date for a patch, approximatively ? Or some news ?