Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Texture flickering / flashing

Hello,I have been reading something about this as I searched, not yet been repaired no? No other aircraft do that here, no matter how I test, only the JS4100 - I get kind of light blue flashing triangles with the center in the center of the screen, flahsing around... I've seen some posts that resemble to pretty much what I'm seeing.Happens only in the VC!! Not in external or anything. Happens only when I change to VC and if go out it stops...When will it get fixed? I can't fly the aircraft...
I just bought the aircraft yesterday and have this flickering only on this aircraft as well. I am trying to learn the flow and procedures and as a result I do a reset or two. The flickering only shows up on a reset in my case.Richard "Tierborn" Thomas

For what it's worth, I'm experiencing this problem, too. I just bought the J41 today and got the flickering on loading the AC for the first time. It seems, based on the thread, the problem isn't based on overloading but on the rain effect. I'm running an i7 870 and Radeon 5770 HD with 8 GB of RAM. The system has a fresh install of FSX with FS Genesis terrain mesh, a few add-on aircraft, and UT2. Bob Clements

Add another one to the list. I too got the J41 yesterday and saw the problem as well. Couple of observations:It wasn't raining, so can't see how it could be the rain effect.The tutorial flight starts with the J41 parked adjacent to a beacon. I decided to create my own flight and moved to another airport (without a beacon). Haven't seen the problem since.

Also having this problem here (with an ATI HD4850). They're not always totally transparent, either (notably at dawn/dusk), which is making this a bit of a showstopper, unfortunately.James Hallock

I also experienced it. Bought the plane today, and after two flights went OK, after changing location, I had this flashing issue in the VC. No rain fell. But maybe it is somehow weather-related? Maybe a weather generator such as Active Sky? Let's hope for the service pack.Sincerely,Zsolt

Hey.For the first time since I purchased the JS41 I start seeing this, too.I was doing a flight KDAB-MMUN and everything was fine until about 1 hours 30 minutes into the flight.After switching tasks to dig up the charts for MMUN the rectangles suddenly appeared.Strangely they are only visible when I move the POV away vertically from the default view.The rain effect being the cause of the glitch sounds very plausible. I can 360 around the VC without seeing any errors, but as soon as I tilt the view up or down a bit...Hope you guys squash the bug soon.

For every instance I've had of this it hasn't been raining but it was close to dawn.

Ryan,I just did a complete reinstall on a higher end system and the flickering is happenning again - and only on this aircraft and only in VC,i7-920, nvidea 285, 6 gigs ram, Win 7-64.Dave

What other addons are you running concurrently with the J41? I'd love to be able to find out why this happens to only a small subset of J41 users. I have never seen it myself and neither has anyone else on the dev or test teams.My gut feeling is that this is similar to the "skeleton" certain people see with the 400X - FSX's internal resource management is getting overloaded somehow and that makes the sim do strange things like this.Just last night I was testing with the -8 over FTX Seattle with 100% Ultimate Traffic 2 and I very very quickly completely saturated my video card's memory and started to see the model do weird things ala the skeleton.

Ryan,I just did a complete reinstall on a higher end system and the flickering is happenning again - and only on this aircraft and only in VC,i7-920, nvidea 285, 6 gigs ram, Win 7-64.Dave
Well, my two cents on this problem.I did have the same problem. On my system the problem dissapeared, when I first start with the basic flight (ultralight at Friday Harbor or something like that) cold and dark.I load this situation and after that I load the tutorial flight or another flight with the J41. After that, I don't have any problems. I'm glad that worked for me, because I think it is fun to fly with this plane, although it is a difficult one.Regards,Eric

It has been a long time without an update for this problem.Any news or plans to fix this ?still flying wihtout icing-effects Regards,Stephan

Hopefully this problem gets resolved in the next service pack, which comes after the release of the 737.

Hey.For the first time since I purchased the JS41 I start seeing this, too.I was doing a flight KDAB-MMUN and everything was fine until about 1 hours 30 minutes into the flight.After switching tasks to dig up the charts for MMUN the rectangles suddenly appeared.Strangely they are only visible when I move the POV away vertically from the default view.The rain effect being the cause of the glitch sounds very plausible. I can 360 around the VC without seeing any errors, but as soon as I tilt the view up or down a bit...Hope you guys squash the bug soon.
If you have Bufferpools listed in your fsx.cfg you might remove or disable them with slash (//) marks at the beginning of the entry to see if that helps. I was getting triangles/graphic panels flickering with my Vista System and finally removed [bufferpools] and the problem is .... so far, not showing up! Worth a try anyway if you might have put this entry in your fsx.cfg at one time. I don't have the problem at all with my XP system .... so I checked it out ... yep, no [bufferpools] ... so maybe?

Guest pgrunt

Use DX10 preview mode. Always load the J41 from the FSX default flight. It solved the flickering to me.