Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

VRS FA-18E superbug

Guest Longyear
I think the truth is they have their hands full with supporting their existing customers rather than even think about new ones.Shame we come so low on the list of priorities really.Bryan.
Yawn.... Bryan, you're one bitter boy. All you've done here is bore people and make yourself look like a spoilt child that "wants it now!" and can't have it.If they kept selling it with major bugs, you'd bash them. They do the right thing (unlike 99% of devs) and suspend new sales until they've got it right, and you bash them anyway.Can the world ever meet your lofty expectations and standards? (Or are you just enjoying the flaming you're doing?)I'm itching for this one but I know VRS are doing the right thing. I'll wait and buy when they feel it's ready.Davido.

Thank you, that is exactly the information I was after, and there is no doubt that I'll purchase this wonderful bird as soon as it's available. Been drooling over it since I first heard it was becoming available for FSX, wishing now I would've pre-ordered :( But I know it'll be worth the wait. Thanks again for filling me in!
You're welcome. And trust me, the comment about purchasing the bug was not directed at you specifically, but more at some of the general comments that have been made by various members. I'm happy to share various other impressions about the bug if anyone has some specific questions.

Eric Szczesniak

Guest BlueRidgeDx
Yawn.... Bryan, you're one bitter boy. All you've done here is bore people and make yourself look like a spoilt child that "wants it now!" and can't have it.If they kept selling it with major bugs, you'd bash them. They do the right thing (unlike 99% of devs) and suspend new sales until they've got it right, and you bash them anyway.Can the world ever meet your lofty expectations and standards? (Or are you just enjoying the flaming you're doing?)I'm itching for this one but I know VRS are doing the right thing. I'll wait and buy when they feel it's ready.Davido.
Don't bother... When I said the same thing, they just deleted my post. You can still see what I said because Bryan quoted me. The mods allow this guy to spew his drivel, but when someone calls him out on it, it gets deleted.It's pretty sad when common sense goes out the window, and we pander to people who have no respect.

I have the bug and the patch - fantastic a/c. Simiple learning curve to just get it flying but still a lot to digest if you want to become familiar with the bird.Had a few minor issues out of the box, mainly related to my not fully understanding procedures. I posted on the forum and had an almost instantaneous response. It is well worth the wait.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

You're welcome. And trust me, the comment about purchasing the bug was not directed at you specifically, but more at some of the general comments that have been made by various members. I'm happy to share various other impressions about the bug if anyone has some specific questions.
I'm just curious if there's any loss in functionality if one doesn't have the registered version of FSUIPC? I've been meaning to get the registered version, but when it comes time I always end up going for a new plane or scenery. As moneys tight the F-18 is the only add-on I've budgeted for, and wouldn't be able to purchase a registration for FSUIPC, and would hate to miss out on some functions that required the registered version. Anyway, how does the Fly-by-wire system feel to everyone? I'd say that's what I'm most curious about, as it sounds very interesting. Probably hard to explain, but can you definitely feel the difference as opposed to say, the Acceleration Hornets controls?

As moneys tight the F-18 is the only add-on I've budgeted for, and wouldn't be able to purchase a registration for FSUIPC, and would hate to miss out on some functions that required the registered version.
You don't need the registered FSUIPC. Nothing in the Superbug requires it.
Anyway, how does the Fly-by-wire system feel to everyone? I'd say that's what I'm most curious about, as it sounds very interesting. Probably hard to explain, but can you definitely feel the difference as opposed to say, the Acceleration Hornets controls?
I haven't flown the Acceleration Hornet much, so I can't compare. What I've noticed is that it goes where you point it, and stays there (mostly). No trimming required - very convenient.

We're readying a patch for tonight that we hope will resolve the vast majority of controller issues. If all goes well with that, and it indeed works as well as we believe it will from all our testing, we may be able to open the store as early as Saturday. No promises, but that's our best guess at this stage.

If they kept selling it with major bugs, you'd bash them.
That begs the question why did they release it with "major" bugs in the first place?

That begs the question why did they release it with "major" bugs in the first place?
Hmmmmm........I don't ever remember anyone saying the product was released with "Major" bugs to begin with. Gotta love the spin doctors....lol

Actually, I think it IS fair to call the controller issues "major bugs." Certainly far more major than we would have released if we had known about them in advance.In the end, they slipped by all our testing. Every developer's system, every beta tester's system was working as expected with the initial release version. We're a very small team and we just weren't able to test all the configs out there. Additionally, our code was far too finicky about controller setups being "right" rather than being as forgiving as the default FSX input system. (Leading to systems that could be made to work with proper tweaking, but not working "out of the box")We've worked our butts off since the release to refine, and finally reimplement, our controller input subsystem. We're currently uploading a patch that contains the results of this rewrite. All the testing we've done shows that it works, including on systems of users affected by bugs in the previous implementations. We're hopeful this update will indeed get us back on track and allow us to re-open the store. We're taking the wait and see approach, however, since again, we just don't have the resources to test every possible setup.EDIT: 4/23 - 11:51PM EDT - Patch 1.0.5.1 released

Actually, I think it IS fair to call the controller issues "major bugs." Certainly far more major than we would have released if we had known about them in advance.In the end, they slipped by all our testing. Every developer's system, every beta tester's system was working as expected with the initial release version. We're a very small team and we just weren't able to test all the configs out there. Additionally, our code was far too finicky about controller setups being "right" rather than being as forgiving as the default FSX input system. (Leading to systems that could be made to work with proper tweaking, but not working "out of the box")We've worked our butts off since the release to refine, and finally reimplement, our controller input subsystem. We're currently uploading a patch that contains the results of this rewrite. All the testing we've done shows that it works, including on systems of users affected by bugs in the previous implementations. We're hopeful this update will indeed get us back on track and allow us to re-open the store. We're taking the wait and see approach, however, since again, we just don't have the resources to test every possible setup.
Thank you very much for keeping us up to date, I wish you the best of luck with the new patch, and wish you great success with the bug. Let us know if all goes well and when your planning to re-open shop. Thanks again!

VRS are NOT PMDG.They are a relatively new very small company that puts quality in front of profits and gives one on one support to it's customers and wants it's customers to be happy with their product.
I really hope you're not suggesting that's what we do here... We did spend 4 years making a single incredibly complex aircraft that sold quite poorly if you remember. If anyone knows anything about what VRS has gone through with their F/A-18, it's us, trust me.For what it's worth, I've had zero issues with the F/A-18X, even with the initial version.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hope the community gets to experience this wonderful VRS F/A-18 soon. Will not be disappointed.PMDG--I was under the impression that only the FS9 version sold so poorly after 4 years of development, something about rampant piracy among the FS9 user base or something like that. Too bad, I bought mine for FS9 and enjoy it a lot.Pat

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Hmmmmm........I don't ever remember anyone saying the product was released with "Major" bugs to begin with. Gotta love the spin doctors....lol
The word "major" came originally from one of VTS's supporters as I quoted but now VRS themslves seem to be admitting it
Actually, I think it IS fair to call the controller issues "major bugs." Certainly far more major than we would have released if we had known about them in advance.
Gotta love the a really excited user....lol